Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Why ranked stinks

31 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,066 battles

First of all, I was like wow, WG really gonna pull this off this year ... first CW then ranked.

Then a surprise ... ranked is just CW extension at T8. Same maps, far worse then CW (and I didnt even like those).

Now I get why T8 ... all those noobs sailing their Bismarcks (and Tirpitzes) which they got for free couple of months ago.

They have NO CLUE what they are doing ... they just sail to the edge of the map abandoning the team completely.

Nonono WG, I WONT ALLOW THAT THIS  GREAT IDEA of yours mess up my NY holidays. I rather shoot myself in the foot with my rusty crossbow.

• Funny 5

[TU]
Players
164 posts
4,547 battles

People like me who have never played CW have a small disadvantage because of the maps, takes a few matches  to figure out how to play these maps that I have never seen before.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,057 posts
7,669 battles
30 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Nonono WG, I WONT ALLOW THAT THIS  GREAT IDEA of yours mess up my NY holidays. I rather shoot myself in the foot with my rusty crossbow.

You used to play World of Warships, but then you took an arrow in the knee? Enjoy your New York holidays, man.

That said, playing with random people has the different meta than playing with our clan and the restrictions aren't the same as CB, so Battleships and aircraft carriers galore. I've been playing BB too this season. Also, did they move the caps A and B in Mountain Range closer to each other than in CB?

• Funny 1

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Git Gud Scrub :Smile-_tongue:

Try to play ranked as soon as possible, go up fast, play with good players, finish early, dont keep playing after rank 1 because rewards suck. Next season you start with some stars so repeat, dont let the noob wave catch you.

Im using Monarch, is not the best but lovely to burn enemy BBs, usually you have at least 3, + nice damage on DDs (and tons of crits). Real reason: Im grinding.

• Funny 2

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,791 posts
24,877 battles
59 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Nonono WG, I WONT ALLOW THAT THIS  GREAT IDEA of yours mess up my NY holidays. I rather shoot myself in the foot with my rusty crossbow

Felt the pain you feel, played a few games on day 1, Enemy south, friendly Derrrpitz went straight to line A then down line 10,  never fired his main guns once, thought he was a DD firing his wide spread torps at nothing and suffered at the guns of a enemy NC, He thought his secondary's were his main guns. complete and utter waste of a game.

• Funny 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,561 posts
9,093 battles
8 minutes ago, iJoby said:

Felt the pain you feel, played a few games on day 1, Enemy south, friendly Derrrpitz went straight to line A then down line 10,  never fired his main guns once, thought he was a DD firing his wide spread torps at nothing and suffered at the guns of a enemy NC, He thought his secondary's were his main guns. complete and utter waste of a game.

That moment of horror you see an NC, a Hipper and your only DD go the longest possible way around the map to chase the enemy CV, only to get killed by its planes when they're the last ones alive, and seeing that NC go full broadside brawling against a Kii.
Citpen + torpedo combo for the lulz

I got 40k damage and I was still the top xp  on the team.

Oh well, got to rank 15, unlocked the flag for the season, can't wait for next season to play 4-5 matches to reach rank 15 again.

• Cool 1

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,200 posts
8,641 battles

I played ranked battles to get my flint, 3 times to rank 1 and aged by 20 years because of it. I hated it all, it was stressful because all it amounts to is a lucky dice roll each time you press battle. No skill needed. This time I played from rank 13 to rank 12 for the rewards and I have officially quit ranked. No more, I proved my patience last time, didn't like how toxic I became and how I wished all idiots playing ranked with stock or non-competitive, flagless ships on my team would just p$$ off over a cliff. It's an ultra competitive mode inundated with windowlicking neaderthals ruining peoples games over and over. I feel better now, thanks. No more ranked for me. Ther is nothing ranked about it.

• Cool 3

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,546 posts
6,375 battles

Had an allied Kidd who smoked up enemy NO and Chapa that were radaring him and then proceeded to complain in all chat how team is not shooting those invisible 2 cruisers in the smokescreen and how this is why he's just rank 15 and can't climb any higher:fish_palm:

Also for the first 20 games kept score:

17 games I had an allied DD die as First Blood within the first 3...4min, in 2 games enemy DD did exactly that same, and in the last one left there simply were no DDs for a quick suicide :Smile_teethhappy: It got a bit depressing so I stopped counting them

Players
745 posts
12,486 battles

Ranked is just horrible. I progressed to -32 stars (8.0), and then I just stopped dead.

I think this season will be one of pain and suffering and questioning why I play this game. I truly wish there was some other way of getting my hands on that loot.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,024 posts

Ranked would be hugely improved by allowing Divisions, at least you could count on 2 team mates not to play like utter morons instead of a lottery where it's very likely that all 6 will be clueless. I'm as equally fed up as the others with seeing dumbo CV's, stock ships, no signals, camo's and even AFK pinkies happy to wreck games for the others or hoping to get carried.

Hell make it the same format as Clan Wars, no CV's and 1 BB max per team with a full 7 person division and it would be great fun.

[AAO]
Players
395 posts
6,939 battles

Restrict who can enter, window lickers with less than 500 battles shouldnt be allowed to begin with.

Yes some ppl can play better than vast majority at those ammount of games and it wont limit those window lickers who cant find the cap even at 8k games.

Its been worst season start for me EVER.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,066 battles
8 hours ago, Migulaitor said:

Git Gud Scrub :Smile-_tongue:

Try to play ranked as soon as possible, go up fast, play with good players, finish early, dont keep playing after rank 1 because rewards suck. Next season you start with some stars so repeat, dont let the noob wave catch you.

Im using Monarch, is not the best but lovely to burn enemy BBs, usually you have at least 3, + nice damage on DDs (and tons of crits). Real reason: Im grinding.

Ha ha ha.

My initial goal was to get to 10, only for signals. To 1??? I just bought new fancy keyb and mouse, would like to keep em.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[NWP]
Players
880 posts
8,141 battles
2 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Ha ha ha.

My initial goal was to get to 10, only for signals. To 1??? I just bought new fancy keyb and mouse, would like to keep em.

I feel you on the "new keyboard and mouse" department.

:Smile_hiding:

Played around 40 battles the first 2 days of Ranked, reached R10. Already thinking seriously of giving up on this season, though at R3 there is a reward I am after for my Mosvka.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,066 battles
8 hours ago, Agantas said:

That said

Thanks. I nevr make sens when im pissed :(

[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,066 battles
4 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Ranked would be hugely improved by allowing Divisions, at least you could count on 2 team mates not to play like utter morons instead of a lottery where it's very likely that all 6 will be clueless. I'm as equally fed up as the others with seeing dumbo CV's, stock ships, no signals, camo's and even AFK pinkies happy to wreck games for the others or hoping to get carried.

Hell make it the same format as Clan Wars, no CV's and 1 BB max per team with a full 7 person division and it would be great fun.

Interesting. 

But ... again we come down to MM and waiting time. And WG does not change those. Ever.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
915 posts
10,946 battles

Its the usual up and down again. Went from Rank 13 to 6 on first day, then yesterday from 6 to 9 again. Amazing how many carriers there are on Rank 10+ who autodrop and clickfight, how many Tirpitz players who miss both salvos of torps at a 1.5km away stationary BB, how many DD's you have sitting broadside in smoke while capping just waiting for those juicy enemy torps ..

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,962 posts
5,445 battles

I have to say @nambr9 is right. Luckily they weren't on my team... last night a Tirpitz  Dirpitz and Bismarck, especially the Tirpitz Dirpitz was sniping the whole game from 19km and he was not shooting AP. Nope! HE! Both of them. Bismarck was shooting HE too.

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,985 battles
11 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

I proved my patience last time, didn't like how toxic I became

It becomes toxic becuse people thinks it is RANDOM BATTLE with flag rewards. 

I think they need to add the same reward system as in CWs then there is no yoloing off and trying to get kills and stuff it is suppose to be acound tactic and winning not grinding 

mang

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
453 posts
5,670 battles

Reached rank 16 for my first season trying this.

But it quickly gets old. Same ships, same tactic, same meta....over and over again.

Just remembered why I hated CWs in wot.

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
13 hours ago, nambr9 said:

First of all, I was like wow, WG really gonna pull this off this year ... first CW then ranked.

Then a surprise ... ranked is just CW extension at T8. Same maps, far worse then CW (and I didnt even like those).

Now I get why T8 ... all those noobs sailing their Bismarcks (and Tirpitzes) which they got for free couple of months ago.

They have NO CLUE what they are doing ... they just sail to the edge of the map abandoning the team completely.

Would not be an issue if Wargaming would have used ranked/skillbased matchmaking. Of course it is, also, a problem in ranked as well that the low skill players are allowed to ruin the game for the higher skilled.

Wargaming to blame for this.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,335 posts
12,570 battles

Go in with the Kidd and beat up some potato DD's

w8ncwf.gif.0d4a28a3271ef68286ffba6d284a7e29.gif

Then cap and dmg farm the rest of the game. 

[SCRUB]
Players
1,872 posts
4 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

w8ncwf.gif.0d4a28a3271ef68286ffba6d284a7e29.gif

I can tell Christmas Spirit has already started to wear off... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,034 posts
11,477 battles

I quite like ranked :Smile_hiding:

I only missed one season (season 2 or something) when life just got in the way. But I find it a very enjoyable experience overall. Don't kill me, please?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
939 posts
4,998 battles
20 minutes ago, Teob_VG said:

I quite like ranked :Smile_hiding:

I only missed one season (season 2 or something) when life just got in the way. But I find it a very enjoyable experience overall. Don't kill me, please?

Same here, I don't really get the hate that people have for ranked. The only time I hate life when playing ranked is when I start to mess up myself. Which happens especially when you get tilted and want to make up for lost stars. Just put the game aside for a day or two then and come back much better. If you play well there is no reason to get annoyed even if you lose. Ranked is also a great way to rake in compliments - for what it is worth.

My only problem with ranked is that the seasons are shorter than it seems, just like last season this one coincides with a vacation. That's a few weeks lost because I actually take a vacation.

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,022 battles

I've been rather enjoying ranked so far (slightly to my surprise, I admit); first season though.

Very surprised that I appear not to be the worst player in many of my games (pitiful 40% WR notwithstanding); learning an awful lot very quickly too, although it's been a bit painful at times!

It's a shame that more people didn't read the 'basics of ranked' advice thread though: I've been seeing an awful lot of people doing a lot of the daft stuff that the more experienced players specifically warned against.