Jump to content
  • 0
Kiddoh

Ridiculously uneven CV matches

7 comments in this topic

Question

Players
2 posts

This is frustrating and I just could not find an answer to this anywhere before. I recently started playing with an aircraft carrier, the first one from the US tree (Langley). Now, I have had countless dog fights versus other carriers, sometimes from the model and sometimes from the Japanese fleet. Those fights, most of the times, were like an auto defeat. I would not hit one of the enemy's fighters down whilst he took my entire squadron down. I have bought the upgrade for my fighter planes and also researched the more advanced fighters for 1.5k xp. Yet I keep losing most of the dogfights I enter, and I am most likely not even going to score two or even one of the enemy's fighters. How and why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,208 posts
11,028 battles

There is a captain skill called Air Superiority, giving you one more fighter per squad (and one more bomber).

If he has it and you don't, he automatically has a big advantage and can eradicate your squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1
[ASEET]
Beta Tester
118 posts
3,953 battles

I suggest searching up farazelleth and look for his CV guides. They are extensive and he is a very good CV player. I learned from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[HEROZ]
Players
600 posts
5,869 battles
21 minutes ago, Kiddoh said:

This is frustrating and I just could not find an answer to this anywhere before. I recently started playing with an aircraft carrier, the first one from the US tree (Langley). Now, I have had countless dog fights versus other carriers, sometimes from the model and sometimes from the Japanese fleet. Those fights, most of the times, were like an auto defeat. I would not hit one of the enemy's fighters down whilst he took my entire squadron down. I have bought the upgrade for my fighter planes and also researched the more advanced fighters for 1.5k xp. Yet I keep losing most of the dogfights I enter, and I am most likely not even going to score two or even one of the enemy's fighters. How and why? 

CVs require a lot of skill and practice. They are hard to master but when you do they are rewarding. You are at the painful part of the proces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,572 posts
6,401 battles

Could it be that you are fighting them over enemy ships? Their AA would aid their fighters to shoot you down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
2 posts
9 minutes ago, Oderisson said:

CVs require a lot of skill and practice. They are hard to master but when you do they are rewarding. You are at the painful part of the proces.

Yes, I am aware. It just does not make any sense? How is it about skill? We both simply get into a dogfight and I lose it without getting any results in return.

6 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Could it be that you are fighting them over enemy ships? Their AA would aid their fighters to shoot you down

Yes, I have done some reading before I started playing with the carrier. I only fought them squad versus squad or above my own ships. There were cases that even though I was above my own allied ships, I lost all with barely one down on their side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,572 posts
6,401 battles
22 minutes ago, Kiddoh said:

Yes, I am aware. It just does not make any sense? How is it about skill? We both simply get into a dogfight and I lose it without getting any results in return.

The skill there would be knowing when to fight them and when not to.

Tier 4 and 5 CVs are rather useless anyway, they get usable at 6 when you can start using Alt attacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×