Kiddoh

Ridiculously uneven CV matches

7 comments in this topic

Question

Players
2 posts

This is frustrating and I just could not find an answer to this anywhere before. I recently started playing with an aircraft carrier, the first one from the US tree (Langley). Now, I have had countless dog fights versus other carriers, sometimes from the model and sometimes from the Japanese fleet. Those fights, most of the times, were like an auto defeat. I would not hit one of the enemy's fighters down whilst he took my entire squadron down. I have bought the upgrade for my fighter planes and also researched the more advanced fighters for 1.5k xp. Yet I keep losing most of the dogfights I enter, and I am most likely not even going to score two or even one of the enemy's fighters. How and why? 

6 answers to this question

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,208 posts
11,028 battles

There is a captain skill called Air Superiority, giving you one more fighter per squad (and one more bomber).

If he has it and you don't, he automatically has a big advantage and can eradicate your squad.

[ASEET]
Beta Tester
118 posts
3,953 battles

I suggest searching up farazelleth and look for his CV guides. They are extensive and he is a very good CV player. I learned from him.

[HEROZ]
Players
600 posts
5,869 battles
21 minutes ago, Kiddoh said:

This is frustrating and I just could not find an answer to this anywhere before. I recently started playing with an aircraft carrier, the first one from the US tree (Langley). Now, I have had countless dog fights versus other carriers, sometimes from the model and sometimes from the Japanese fleet. Those fights, most of the times, were like an auto defeat. I would not hit one of the enemy's fighters down whilst he took my entire squadron down. I have bought the upgrade for my fighter planes and also researched the more advanced fighters for 1.5k xp. Yet I keep losing most of the dogfights I enter, and I am most likely not even going to score two or even one of the enemy's fighters. How and why? 

CVs require a lot of skill and practice. They are hard to master but when you do they are rewarding. You are at the painful part of the proces.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,572 posts
6,401 battles

Could it be that you are fighting them over enemy ships? Their AA would aid their fighters to shoot you down

Players
2 posts
9 minutes ago, Oderisson said:

CVs require a lot of skill and practice. They are hard to master but when you do they are rewarding. You are at the painful part of the proces.

Yes, I am aware. It just does not make any sense? How is it about skill? We both simply get into a dogfight and I lose it without getting any results in return.

6 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Could it be that you are fighting them over enemy ships? Their AA would aid their fighters to shoot you down

Yes, I have done some reading before I started playing with the carrier. I only fought them squad versus squad or above my own ships. There were cases that even though I was above my own allied ships, I lost all with barely one down on their side. 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,572 posts
6,401 battles
22 minutes ago, Kiddoh said:

Yes, I am aware. It just does not make any sense? How is it about skill? We both simply get into a dogfight and I lose it without getting any results in return.

The skill there would be knowing when to fight them and when not to.

Tier 4 and 5 CVs are rather useless anyway, they get usable at 6 when you can start using Alt attacks