Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

Santa boxes bug

14 comments in this topic

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,912 posts
16,276 battles

I short, I bought 20 huge boxes, on which the first ship I ve got was Dunkerque, a ship that I already had in my port, so I wrongly received its compensation in gold.

Wrongly, because, I quote WGs rule no.2:

From here:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/special/secret-santa-2/

"2) If you "roll" a ship that is already in your Port, another ship will be reselected from the list of the ships (see above). These are ships that can be found in Supercontainers. You will receive a ship found in a Supercontainer instead of the Legion container, a Port slot, and Commander with 10 skill points."

Because at that time (and now also) I did not have all the ships available from the list, that was obviosly a bug.

Only in case I had all the ships from the list, then I should receive the compensation in gold:

"3) If you "roll" a ship that is already in your Port and you have already received all ships available in the Legion containers, a Santa Claus Legion container will be displayed on the container ship. After opening this container, you will see the “rolled” ship, but it will not be added to your Port. Instead, you will get the amount of Doubloons that is equal to the cost of the ship, a slot, and a Commander with 10 skill points."

Which was not the case.

I ve opened a support ticket but, frankly, they re beating arround the bush.

What I want to know, was anyone else in this situation?

Also a warning for all buyers, be carefull, WG does not abide by its own rules.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,337 posts
12,571 battles

I also have some bugs with those santa boxes. I see flamu and other streamers getting all the good stuff and i only get more flags and camos! 

RIGGED! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,261 posts
7,954 battles
1 minute ago, MortenTardo said:

I also have some bugs with those santa boxes. I see flamu and other streamers getting all the good stuff and i only get more flags and camos! 

http://i.piccy.info/i7/0d25aea83bc68a4d8951ae17a6d8c9b4/1-5-1206/15758972/Serb_trollface_800.jpg

[SCRUB]
Players
1,879 posts
1 hour ago, MortenTardo said:

Man! It is broken beyond Santa's belief! I don't even get them boxes! Nuthin'! Null! World hates me! :Smile_veryhappy:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
760 posts
4,585 battles
15 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

In the 20 large boxes I opened I received

Alabama

Gallant x 3

Lo Yang

30 FFT x 11

2k dubloons

15 type 59s

30 Red Dragons

30 Dragons

I don't stream and not a CC either

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
15 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

#rigged

Players
783 posts
11,736 battles
26 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

In the 20 large boxes I opened I received

Gallant x 3

And shouldn´t this be impossible too?

[BFS]
Beta Tester
760 posts
4,585 battles
4 minutes ago, JG4_sKylon said:

And shouldn´t this be impossible too?

Yes - if you believe the rules as shown in the OPs post.   Any dealings with support are a struggle and I'm happy with the gold.

I already had the Alabama as well - I got 10,370 in place for it.  Each Gallant was 3150) and the Lo Yang was 6800).

I have most of the premium ships.  The only ones I don't have are Krasny Kreme, the Huange He (which I got out of a mid size box) and the CVs (a line that I don't play).  

Players
2,686 posts
12,126 battles
22 hours ago, Grif said:

This is not a bug, people are not understanding the wording of the 'rules'.

The re-roll rules state any ship not available in the legion containers. There are just 2 ships listed for the small containers, 3 for the medium and 3 for the huge. The substitution list is just that IT IS NOT THE LIST OF SHIPS IN THE LEGION CONTAINERS.  So yes you can get a ship from the list that you already have, and get dbl compensation.

I had the same problem and raised a ticket. Sorry, Grif, but according to the explanation provided by Wargaming Support, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE RULES.

The big issue here is that the player base (In North America at least) were told that the container contents were calculated in one way....but the reality is different.

WHAT WE WERE TOLD

"Radar_X" (Wargamin Adminstrator) told the official North American Forum on Tuesday 19th December 2017 that the contents of a container are determined when they are OPENED - and NOT WHEN THEY ARE BOUGHT.

Please see post #12 here: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/145351-santa-crate-eve-i-cant-take-it/
"The crates will operate differently this year based on feedback from last year and contents are determined when you open them. "

WHAT SUPPORT SAY

1) The contents of a container are determined WHEN THEY ARE BOUGHT (Which is how they have always worked)

2) The working list of ships that you may get (and may be used as substitutes) is the long list of ships provided on the rules webpage (Not just those in legion containers)

The list of ships

Spoiler

Nikolay 1
Gremyashy
Kamikaze
Tirpitz
Kutuzov
Atago
Belfast
Lo Yang
Prinz Eugen
Alabama
Kii
Kidd
Atlanta
Blyskawica
Indianapolis
Sims
Scharnhorst
Leningrad
Hood
Warspite
Anshan
Molotov
Arizona
Dunkerque
Perth
De Grasse
Duca d’Aosta
Mutsu
Gallant
Admiral Graf Spee
Huanghe
Giulio Cesare
Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya
Okhotnik

WHAT HAPPENED IN MY CASE

1) I already had the "De Grasse" - but I did not know this!

I was awarded the ship as a "Welcome Back" gift while I was OFFLINE FROM THE GAME.

2) During this time I bought some Santa Boxes then logged on to the game

3) When the game started, messages told me that I had won all sorts of things from nice (Doubloons, Gold, XP) to booby prizes such as "Huange" and "De Grasse"  (*)

4) The I opened the Santa Boxes

5) One of the boxes contained a "De Grasse", so I got gold instead. I don't need gold. I've got thousands of it. I would have preferred an alternate ship...but hey ho ....and I got a 10 point captain for the French BB or DD lines when they arrive.

6) If the content of the boxes had been calculated at the time that it was opened - as "Radar_X" said that it would be - then I would have received an alternate ship.

7) I do not think that "Radar_X" was lying, but he was misinformed.....and by extension he unwittingly misinformed the community.

(*) I say this because I don't like the French cruiser line in game. In real life I regard France as a great country with a proud naval tradition, of course.

[SUNKD]
[SUNKD]
Alpha Tester
21 posts
6,123 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

I had the same problem and raised a ticket. Sorry, Grif, but according to the explanation provided by Wargaming Support, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE RULES.

You may want to check the top of this thread.

Oh and from  my personal experience with Wg i'd take anything said by support staff with a large pinch of salt tbh.  I'd go by developer/coder answers over support every time.

Beta Tester
49 posts
2,730 battles

i bought 3x20xhuge boxes...got only the ships i didnt have (huang he, kidd , nikolai , mutsu , perth , anshan , another one im forgetting )...last 2 ships were gallants (which i already had ) but i already had all the ships in the list so i didnt mind the doubloons. Worked as advertised to me. And i got around 3 ships every 20 huge boxes .

Beta Tester
1,499 posts
4,638 battles
1 hour ago, Aethanos said:

i bought 3x20xhuge boxes...got only the ships i didnt have (huang he, kidd , nikolai , mutsu , perth , anshan , another one im forgetting )...last 2 ships were gallants (which i already had ) but i already had all the ships in the list so i didnt mind the doubloons. Worked as advertised to me. And i got around 3 ships every 20 huge boxes .

I got basically the same except 60 medium and 20 huge boxes. I do not remember getting any duplicate ships.

16 botes (including Kidd, Nikolai and Kutuzev), some 15K gold and then flags and paints. No prem time (which I have over 400 days). Just stuff worth around 500 euros.

So this year I was lucky, last year I got "nothing" from my boxes (well not a single ship).

Sign in to follow this