You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
JAnCOz

T10 bbs baby

47 comments in this topic

[RONF]
Players
43 posts
4,875 battles

Im getting sick of all of this t10 bbs ending with full hp when we are losing... Im not mad because i lost but because i, a punny chapy or hipper is trying to help the dd while my bbs dont give a crap,,,

5 games played today, all loses and my yamato or gk still full hp hiding behind rocks...

WTH is this? Are you normal? How the f did you get to t10?

Something need to be done..

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[TTT]
Players
3,608 posts
7,459 battles
19 minutes ago, JAnCOz said:

yes, unfortunately that is completely normal behaviour for BBs, not just at T10... been that way pretty much from the start, and WG havent really shown much initiative in doing something about it so far...

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,203 posts
6,682 battles

you wont change the bb players just by complaining what it needs is for wg to lower the range of bbs so they have to get closer to shoot but wg sees bbs as the main ships and as such they wont do anything to alter the play style of em

• Cool 3

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,052 posts
9,616 battles
23 minutes ago, JAnCOz said:

Im getting sick of all of this t10 bbs ending with full hp when we are losing... Im not mad because i lost but because i, a punny chapy or hipper is trying to help the dd while my bbs dont give a crap,,,

5 games played today, all loses and my yamato or gk still full hp hiding behind rocks...

Whats your discription of a usefull BB ? Charging in and geting burned down before it can do 20k damage? back to the boarder BBs are just part of the problem. gerally pasiv gameplay were nobody risk their HP is a much biger problem. A BB cant do its Job alone any more than any other class even if teh changes in the last year go more and more in that direction. Instead they should look at why other classes cant do their job without risking to die instantly when tehy try to suport BBs.

[_MIA_]
Players
2,945 posts
5,366 battles

Yep, cant play now... Holidays every windowlicker is playing WOWs.

3 matches today (should have stopped after 2 when we got the daily mission done + a win on T10)

First match we had all 3 caps on Okinawa well guess what? Our BBs were total morons. There were Broadside Montana, Moskva (NOT MOVING!) Neptune, FDG... noone shot them. I had 217k damage in Hindenburg i possibly couldnt shoot so fast to kill them all. Our BBs simply DID-NOT-SHOOT. U cant do it. Our division could have done 500k damage, i think we would have still lost, because the enemies could just retreat and heal up and come back again.

2nd match well enemies were pretty stupid so "easy" win.

3rd match oh boy.... All BBs lemmingtrain behind islands, didnt care about DDs. Also DDs didnt go for caps, our CHung Mu chased a Hindenburg -.- In the end 3 BBs left behind island, Des Moines needed to tank, they say, Cap B LOL! they couldnt even understand that 75% of the remaining team was sitting behind an island. They got torprushed by Shima in the end, but 1 still survived :(

• Angry 1

Players
2,903 posts
5,171 battles
30 minutes ago, JAnCOz said:

Today was really some of the worst Ive seen lately. Simply unplayable. 3x T10 BBs sitting in spawn. I radar PADD + Edinburgh in B cap as a last resort to stop the lose. Bring the PADD down just to be pounded from the Edinburgh for a total of ~23k dmg. He is standing still broadside to our 3 BBs. You think they are shooting? hell no. Then again. what else is new?

• Cool 1

[HR]
Beta Tester
782 posts
7,753 battles

There is almost no teamwork in random games..so just play greedy and you’ll be like everyone else.

• Funny 1

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

I'll be totally honest, more often than not I find it is t10 BBs who are by and far the most likely to be hugging the borders of maps, leagues away from the nearest cap even in comparison to BB players of other tiers. Doesn't matter if they're in an all t10 game or one of a small handful of other t10s top tier vs t8s, players in t10 bbs will ALWAYS be the ones hanging back and on the bottom of the scoreboard.

It is the strangest phenomenon, one I put down to a combination of players free exping to the biggest and shiniest ships without knowing how to play, not knowing that being destroyed does not affect post-battle costs, and GRRR big range numbers!

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,879 posts
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

Today was really some of the worst Ive seen lately. (...)

Worst I've seen in a long time, agree. Entire teams >20 km from each other barely moving...

[TENGO]
Players
1,482 posts
8,246 battles
12 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

phenomenon, one I put down to a combination of players free exping to the biggest and shiniest ships without knowing how to play, not knowing that being destroyed does not affect post-battle costs, and GRRR big range numbers!

All true, but you're omitting the most obvious one: pure cowardice.

[NLWG]
[NLWG]
Players
119 posts
7,525 battles
2 hours ago, beercrazy said:

what it needs is for wg to lower the range of bbs so they have to get closer to shoot

Why not simply lower the sigma for ranges over 10km for all ships?

Torps push the BBs out further and so does smoke, that's the real problem.

• Cool 1

[CRHEE]
[CRHEE]
Players
25 posts
5,918 battles

Happy to say I'm not one of those described above. I know, I should play t10 More often, but when I do, you'll even catch me capping or near cap supporting dd-ca.

Do I fire max range shots? Yes....at start, but slowly manoeuvre towards a needed position to be covering team as soon as it happens.

Sadly the behaviour described doesn't only happen at top Tier, 5-6 is where it starts.....

I would truly be ashamed if I wouldn't end in top 3 with a t10 bb, aside the occasional early detonation by a torpwall I can't escape from.

• Cool 1

[HEROZ]
Players
600 posts
5,869 battles

For the love of god... Another topic...

Guys we all respect your right to opinion, despite the fact that most people who start those threads dont play BBs, but think for a moment...

You are complaining about tier X players. People who probably seen some gamelay in the class of the ship that they have chosen as their main, than You. If they dont see profit to charging ahead and dying while they are abandoned by the rest of the team ten thats probably way this has to be. Usually majority of players is right. Everybody wants a meat shield, just noone wants to be one.

If they dont want to die to a massive spam than its probably:

-not fun

-pointless, since rest of team doesnt follow

-non profitable

I have seen a lot of great cooperation between players, but they always includeed all classes of ships mostly in that order: DDs in front for spoting, cruisers after them, and BBs in close pursuit of cruisers to present more attractive targets than them. All fighting as one formation.

But its very difficult to get that kind of cooperation in a team. Usually destroyers hold back waiting to torp other BBs, cruisers want BBs to be 5 km in front of them, despite that properly angled they can take respectable amount of punishment on higher tiers (they have heal), and BBs just hold in  the back because if nobody is moving their [edited]why should they?

Yes there is that thing called bow tanking. But if bow tanking BB is in front it gets burned. Or torped. Or bombed. And if it shows its side to retreat it loses half HP. And I am still waiting for a BB that can outrun a torpedo sailing backwards.

Wow, this turned out long... Point is BBs are huge, slow targets with a lot of potential that require proper positioning and team cooperation to shine. Alone they are just frags.

• Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
121 posts
5,351 battles

I'm mainly playing CAs and DDs. In a CA I really like to support the DDs getting or defending the caps but that is often not possible because there is no BB in the vincinity to support me (us). Just recently on Northern Lights:  3 of our BBs were a lines A and B - that's even behind the spawning point :cap_wander_2: 

IMHO the game is designed for having 2-3 BBs, 2-3DDs and the rest CAs per battle, and not having 5 BBs on each side. (yes and CVs)

There must be somehow an incentive for BBs to get closer and tank the damage .. maybe something like getting (way) less XPs for doing damage but (way) more XPs for potential damage?

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,678 posts
12,877 battles
46 minutes ago, Oderisson said:

I have seen a lot of great cooperation between players, but they always includeed all classes of ships mostly in that order: DDs in front for spoting, cruisers after them, and BBs in close pursuit of cruisers to present more attractive targets than them. All fighting as one formation.

Seems You play a different game than I do... 'cause usually when I play DD or Cruiser all I see from BaBBies is their silhouette on the horizon far behind me or, even more often, begind some island far behind me...

Oh, and when I'm playing my BBs usually I am the idiot trying to tank for the team, hoping that some other BBs will follow me and assist with the push, only to see them far behind me at the horizon or behind some islands...

So you really seem to play a different game than I do...

• Funny 1

[HEROZ]
Players
600 posts
5,869 battles
1 minute ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Seems You play a different game than I do... 'cause usually when I play DD or Cruiser all I see from BaBBies is their silhouette on the horizon far behind me or, even more often, begind some island far behind me...

Oh, and when I'm playing my BBs usually I am the idiot trying to tank for the team, hoping that some other BBs will follow me and assist with the push, only to see them far behind me at the horizon or behind some islands...

So you really seem to play a different game than I do...

I main in BBs. I have played about 3,5 k battles so i did get some good teamwork in some of them.

Not saying a lot... But some were pleasurable.

A DD in front of me, a cruiser slightly in front to the right, a cruser to the left, a second lower tier BB trailing me  below 1km. Usually those games end well. We break trough and win.

Want to know what is my experience most of the time? DDs in the back or swarming all one cap, half of the cruisers rushing in front smoking up realising they were the ones spoting and then sitting like idiots in smoke screens without targets, other half trying to set fire to enemy battleships, instead of DDs, because they are hard to hit, and dmg done is everything. And battleships either get their crap together get into formation and sail slowly to one side of the map as a team to turn and go middle next or they start manuvering colliding with each other and do nothing. Enemy team usually has the same level of coordination.

I have tried to lead charge many times as bb... My main cause of death was not artillery but torps, and fire. Because even if i managed to get someone to follow me, the moment they noticed i was being focused there was 180 degree turn and running away. All of them: BBs CAs and DDs alike.

So complaining in forums for BB behaviour is pointles, because its not their fault. They are doing what they can in situation they got into.Thats why you see 3 tier X BBs camping. Your team either click or it doesnt.

Thats why we get those games when one team loses only 3 ships and other all 15.

Take a while and look at streamed games from top wows steramers like flamu, or notser. Watch them play their bbs, but take a look at their team. They are getting good results but most of the time they arent solo tanking, nor they are at the spearhead of formation. When they are having a good game they are in the middle of formation, doing what is their job in this 15 player machine called a team.

Beta Tester
3,678 posts
12,877 battles
16 minutes ago, Oderisson said:

So complaining in forums for BB behaviour is pointless

Take a while and look at streamed games from top wows steramers like flamu, or notser.

I wouldn't dare to complain about BBs doing their job... it's only the 80+% of BaBBies I complain about... those that have absolutely no clue of how to play the game in any class and just sit in a BB because of the big BOOOOM! sound the guns make when they are fired and because "BB is mighty shiny invincable ship - puny DD/Cruiser should not be able to damage it - so nerf all but BB!!!!"

Way too many among the BB players in the game... so sad... game could really be fun if it weren't for BaBBies (and their like in other classes, though the % of potatoes in other classes isn't as high as among the BBs)

And I don't watch game streams... it's effing boring to watch other people play a game. Especially when they talk like utter creeps or psychos... I'm too old to enjoy stuff like that... must be a generation thingy, I guess...

• Cool 2

Players
2,903 posts
5,171 battles
1 hour ago, Oderisson said:

Guys we all respect your right to opinion,

Your opening already makes no sense. First, a total complaint about the topic itself, then talking about respecting it. Which one is it? cant be both. Also - who is "we"? What kind of madeup-majority are you talking for? Did you have some sort of written-task to represent "them" in the forums? As long as the answer is "no", please, in the future use "I" instead of plural.

6 minutes ago, Oderisson said:

So complaining in forums for BB behaviour is pointles, because its not their fault. They are doing what they can in situation they got into.

Again, talking for a huge mass of players. You know every Player? You see each and every game going down in wows? Thats what you claim. "BBs are never at fault, I know all BB Players and all games." Redicolous...

I main in BBs.

Everybody wants a meat shield, just noone wants to be one.

Congratulations. You are playing your class as wrong as possible. You ARE the meatshield by defintion. Now, go on tell me, I havent figured BBs and tell me again your logic on how BBs have to play. Meanwhile, I checked our stats and im an easily 10% better in WR then you in BBs with doing ~33% more kills.

• Cool 2

[_MIA_]
Players
2,945 posts
5,366 battles
10 minutes ago, Oderisson said:

So complaining in forums for BB behaviour is pointles, because its not their fault. They are doing what they can in situation they got into.Thats why you see 3 tier X BBs camping. Your team either click or it doesnt.

Totaly wrong. It is their fault, because u see those BB players at some point broadsiding their way to certain death. They sail broadside at 20+km because they are "safe" at that range, meaning many ppl will just ignore them for now. But at some point when the battle is lost already, and the enemy is getting closer, they will still happily sail broadside and die within just 1 or 2 mins. Then they think, its bad to be engaged because they eat massive damage, and camping back is the right way of doing it. They dont understand that they perfectly tank bow in and negate those huge damage salvoes from other BBs. They are scared of those Bad HE Spam cruisers which hurt their Superstructure. But when they eat 40k damage from an enemy BB because they are stupid then its just because its a BB shooting them? 

despite that properly angled they can take respectable amount of punishment on higher tiers

CLearly your knowledge from playing T8 Cruisers being the highest tier... Cruisers best way to negate damage is constantly moving and/or using your almost non-existent armor to bait the enemy to shoot your belt and get to an angle where u can bounce it off, still praying that they wont shoot your nose or upper belt where it can be easily overmatched. Cruiser which is not moving is just an invitation to get overmatched at the part best suited to be hit. Every angling is futile when they can hit your nose and overmatch that, but when u move u can take the hit on the belt.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
3,678 posts
12,877 battles
13 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Cruisers best way to negate damage is...

...not getting hit at all.

That's usually not an option though, so the rest You wrote is absolutely right.

[HEROZ]
Players
600 posts
5,869 battles
7 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

...not getting hit at all.

That's usually not an option though, so the rest You wrote is absolutely right.

You have already stated that you dont watch other. While i find it amusing, it doesnt help the discusion. As for if cruisers can or cant take dmg i have a funny little vid. I would suggest you take 8 mins to take a look either way.

• Bad 2

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,044 posts
4,598 battles

since I have only 600+ battles, I accept that I dont have much knowledge about the tactics and the gameplay and the ships..

but as far as I can see.. when I try to push with my BB (not a BB player exatcly) I usually end up alone.

Like last night.. 1 DD 2 cruisers and me going into one cap circle alone.. they were all infront of me.. then they saw 3 enemy BBs and 2 Cruisers and 1 DD in the capping process..

They all started to turn around.. I was spotted.. I thought 3 choices.. turn back and give them a juicy broadside while trying to escape and kept constantly lit up by their DD,

or I can turn a little bit right and hide behind that small island.. just to wait my utter demise.. by torps and pushing enemy team.. or I can sail Bow-on try to tank as much as I can..

and give some time to my team by distracting them.. may be DD can torp them or Cruisers can burn them to the grounds.. I dont know..

I thought.. I am gonna die soon but at least I can help to give them as much damage I can..

so I sailed... bow-on.. and said to DD in chat, "I am gonna charge on them slowly.. smoke that cruisers.. and pray that I stay alive a little bit longer..

what they did instead?

all ran away...

I accept BBs must be the meatshields of the team If there is a meat shield need... but taking damage for nothing... its just sad..

On the other hand,

I am a long time wot player.. and the teamplay here is I think worse than wot... I sometimes cannot even understand how some people understand the mechanics of breathing to keep them alive..

I usually play DDs.. IJN DDs. So, capping is not a priority for me at the start.. I dont rush to caps, unless there is a safe spot that I can cap.. (%50 of the time I can find) I usually try to lit up the enemy team from a safe distance..

I usually try to keep enemies lit up as much as I can.. and use my smoke to save teammates from bad situations.. I dont pop smoke just at the sight of the first enemy..

Numerous times.. I saw a dying teammate... usually a BB, I pop smoke on them.. and trail a way with smoke to keep them hidden until they escape to the safety..

but they usually dont sit in smoke.. or dont follow the trail.. get out.. keep shooting.. and die in a min... then blame.. "Noob DD spot!" "noob DD, go cap"

[TENGO]
Players
1,482 posts
8,246 battles
11 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

IJN DDs. So, capping is not a priority for me at the start

Wut?

May I know the reason you find that so evident ("so")?

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,988 battles
11 hours ago, Oderisson said:

Guys we all respect your right to opinion, despite the fact that most people who start those threads dont play BBs, but think for a moment...

You are complaining about tier X players. People who probably seen some gamelay in the class of the ship that they have chosen as their main, than You. If they dont see profit to charging ahead and dying while they are abandoned by the rest of the team ten thats probably way this has to be. Usually majority of players is right. Everybody wants a meat shield, just noone wants to be one.

If they dont want to die to a massive spam than its probably:

-not fun

-pointless, since rest of team doesnt follow

-non profitable

But its very difficult to get that kind of cooperation in a team. Usually destroyers hold back waiting to torp other BBs, cruisers want BBs to be 5 km in front of them, despite that properly angled they can take respectable amount of punishment on higher tiers (they have heal), and BBs just hold in  the back because if nobody is moving their [edited]why should they?

Yes there is that thing called bow tanking. But if bow tanking BB is in front it gets burned. Or torped. Or bombed. And if it shows its side to retreat it loses half HP. And I am still waiting for a BB that can outrun a torpedo sailing backwards.

Wow, this turned out long... Point is BBs are huge, slow targets with a lot of potential that require proper positioning and team cooperation to shine. Alone they are just frags.

for me personaly it is the fire and HE witch is a problem.... low the cruiser damage, I tryed many trying to kill a Zao and it takes 40-60k+ HP( playing GK) from me.... Thats not fun since im suppose to be the Cruiser counter

I get the point why BBs dont push .... I hate they dont it as much as the rest of you 

mang

PS. I think WG needs to make a description(IN GAME) for each ship(not class) what they are suppose to do, and then be good at it.   

• Funny 1