You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Excavatus

Containers

27 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,044 posts
4,589 battles

Hello ladies and gents,

Long time sufferer of WG products, a new captain in the ships..

Wanna ask you a trivial question. The containers we get daily.. 3 of them..

I always pick the lucky one... but since I started I think I only landed 2 super containers and the content was only bleh!

what you pick generally and why?

is it worth to pick the luck one? what can I get from them tops?

I saw my friend got 75K free xp... thats good I think :)

Thanks in advance!

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
1,571 posts
5,790 battles

Super containers rarely offer anything good i find the flag one to be more useful.

In theory you can get premium ships from the super containers but thats so rare now i would not bother.

[BYOB]
Players
2,696 posts
9,858 battles
14 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

When I'm bored I go for try your luck containers. But most of the time I go for the flags and camos.

Signals are a resource you definitely want, because they can provide serious buffs (speed, consumable reload, heal, fire chance), they are also not available for sale save for some very expesive shop bundles.

Most of the time you'll get economy flags, which when used properly can really ease the grind.

The consumable container is meh, as the content can be bought ingame with silver.

The currency container is garbage, as getting guaranteed cash is nothing compared to say 4 Zulu signals, as the +20% silver they provide easily top what you get from the container.

PS: You can get some really nice premiums from the TYL containers, but mostly it will be special camo with extra bonuses and signals.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
893 posts
8,685 battles

I always go for Flags and Cammo.  I've more than a few premium ships, so credits are never a problem. With credits your consumables are taken care of anyway. Never ever had anything of note in a lucky super container.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,885 posts

Always flags. TYL is generally not worth it, I’d rather go for the “guaranteed” rewards, steadily adding flags to the tally 12 at a time.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
757 posts
4,585 battles

I usually go for the TYL container.  I have had several super containers but they don't come along that often and I've never had a ship in one either.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,860 posts
8,086 battles

Hi all,

I switched to "More Cammo & Flags" ever since they heavily nerfed the "Try Your Luck" containers many months ago...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,861 posts
20,819 battles

I use TYL in general, otherwise Flags/camos but I am so well stocked now so for me only TYL atm

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,044 posts
4,589 battles

It clearly seems that I need to pick signals more and more..

I need especially sierra mike signals (anyway to buy them individually?)

The credit one is just crap.. I dont have a prem ship but I have a prem account.. and even on tier 7 I am earning much much more than I need.

I heard when it comes to the higher tiers 8 and above, they say credits just vanishes... but I think I can use my income signals over there..

[RNG4]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Signals and Camo for me, too.

It gets you stuff you regularly use and also gives you bonuses like extra exp/free exp/captain's exp plus you still have the chance to get a super container.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,872 posts
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

Hello ladies and gents,

Long time sufferer of WG products, a new captain in the ships..

Wanna ask you a trivial question. The containers we get daily.. 3 of them..

I always pick the lucky one... but since I started I think I only landed 2 super containers and the content was only bleh!

is it worth to pick the luck one? what can I get from them tops?

I saw my friend got 75K free xp... thats good I think :)

Thanks in advance!

TYL all the way. Why? Because although chance to score something nice from SC is low, it still happens. And SCs drop much more often from TYL then from other (absolutely useless for me) containers.

As for what can you get from SCs there is nice and ongoing thread about it.

[TENGO]
Players
1,470 posts
8,221 battles
45 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Flags, we need flags :Smile_Default:

Yea, but we need special module upgrades as well

[TIPC]
Players
231 posts
9,832 battles

Usualy went whit the Flag+Cammo,but since the Yamamoto collection TYL,had some SC-s since then too.(De Grasse,many flags,2X half month prem time,etc)

After compleeting probably go back to Flag+Cammo.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
151 posts
8,844 battles

Flags and cammo for me too mostly. I find that I get more use/benefit from these over the others. I pick the TYL occasionally, but I only really want one more speed boost from the SC

[NWP]
Players
880 posts
8,142 battles

I pick generaly more flags and camos (2nd choice) , occasionaly TYLs.

But I had more luck getting Super Containers with the flag choice vs the TYL, even if you consider it statistically.

Kappa

Since you are a newer player, go safe and gain flags and camos.

[ONIX]
Players
1,075 posts
8,555 battles

TYL mostly.

I started playing 13 months ago. More than 20 SCs for sure, probably close to 30, considering I've had at least 9-10 modules. Anshan the only ship but those are pretty rare.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,606 posts
6,685 battles

I almost always pick the flags one because you need flags [Ah! someone else said the same].  Once in a very long while I'll choose a try your luck crate but I don't get much out of them I like.  I have three of the radar booster widgets but I don't have any ships I'd put them on.  I also got French and Italian premium ships which I don't want.

Players
122 posts
6,816 battles

since june i pick flags because RNGesus is always absent when i get my containers, so flags seems the most logical option. but i just wanted to say that i envy those who get ships from SCs. even in the 4 santa big santa boxes i bought (i know small sample), flags, flags flags! oh and flags. at least i get to cut the training time of my captains

[H_FAN]
Players
1,861 posts
20,819 battles
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

It clearly seems that I need to pick signals more and more..

I need especially sierra mike signals (anyway to buy them individually?)

The credit one is just crap.. I dont have a prem ship but I have a prem account.. and even on tier 7 I am earning much much more than I need.

I heard when it comes to the higher tiers 8 and above, they say credits just vanishes... but I think I can use my income signals over there..

Problem is not the day to day grind but to fund 20-25 000 000  for a ship when fitted with upgrades, when you reach T8 in several tech trees it is formidable credit outlay,

[NED]
Players
4,022 posts
10,901 battles

I switch every drop: credit -> flags -> cons -> TYL and repeat the process. Usually collect a few and open them up at once. usually to "cheer me up' after a losing spree. (-;

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Beta Tester
73 posts
3,413 battles

Mostly flags and signals as it's always good to get more of them.

I very rarely get a super container (about 2 a year) unlike my division mates who seem to get one every couple of months :(

Players
109 posts
5,675 battles

I prefer to go for either flags or cash containers.

Since WG nerfed the super containers, allegedly due to player demands (they removed all high xp and high cash containers).

Super containers are rare as rocking horse poo and total shite.

When you do get one, maybe 2 per year if your lucky, it normally contains one of the downgrade modules that ain't worth any cash and are useless on 99% of your fleet.  

I have never had a ship in one and normally get captain slots I dont  need with 70 spares or some truly useless camps or flags.