You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cambers

Quitting due to full HP detonations.

103 comments in this topic

[SPOON]
Players
2 posts
10,526 battles

I play mostly DD's, and I've had a really bad run of luck with full HP detonations recently. My problem is, it's a bad mechanic. Manageable engagements turn into instant deletions.

Yeah, i got some flags, but they don't last long, and equipping/removing them is a pain when dealing with 70 odd ships.

AFAIK detonations are here to stay. They are not 'fun and engaging'.

So, WG, I'm taking my time and wallet elsewhere.

8K+ games, signing out.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Players
559 posts

Just use the flags in more important battles, like clanned or ranked.

Who cares if you lose a few random battles because you got detonated early on and therefore weren't able to carry your team to victory?

[NWP]
Players
880 posts
8,141 battles

Or instead of flag, use the anti detonation upgrade, I think it gives 70% lower chance to explode.

• Cool 1

Players
958 posts
4,856 battles

Sounds like the British after the battle of Jutland. Also, I don't know how you can run out if you are playing different classes and only equip important ships with flags. 

[BYOB]
Players
2,674 posts
9,762 battles
1 hour ago, tank276 said:

Or instead of flag, use the anti detonation upgrade, I think it gives 70% lower chance to explode.

I'm using it on my Okhotnik and have never been detonated.

But if OP has been detonated so often recently, he should have enough flags to keep detonations away. Also the daily container (Flags & Camos) has a high chance of dropping the detonation flag besides the economy flags.

[NWP]
Players
880 posts
8,141 battles
3 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Also the daily container (Flags & Camos) has a high chance of dropping the detonation flag besides the economy flags.

+1

[NED]
Players
4,003 posts
10,835 battles

Too bad you're leaving because of this. I think detonation is very annoying at worst. it doesn't happen that often and use your deto flags wisely. When f.e. you go out and seal club in Kamikaze _R don't mount them. So what if you get detonated? At least it'll yield you the flags, no real big loss xp/ credit wise and you meet your "quotum" of recieved detonations. At least: that's what I am doing.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,951 posts
5,437 battles

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to discussing forbidden activities.

Players
200 posts
14,406 battles
58 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I'm using it on my Okhotnik and have never been detonated.

But if OP has been detonated so often recently, he should have enough flags to keep detonations away. Also the daily container (Flags & Camos) has a high chance of dropping the detonation flag besides the economy flags.

You only get 10 flags for the first Deto of the day. If you deto 10x on one day you only get the 10 flags from the first time.

So he might indeed have only few Flags.

"Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today."

[H_FAN]
Players
1,850 posts
20,666 battles
9 hours ago, Cambers said:

I play mostly DD's, and I've had a really bad run of luck with full HP detonations recently. My problem is, it's a bad mechanic. Manageable engagements turn into instant deletions.

Yeah, i got some flags, but they don't last long, and equipping/removing them is a pain when dealing with 70 odd ships.

8K+ games, signing out.

Like others have said use modification upgrade I do that in some and DDs are a high risk/high reward ship that are fragile and prone to detonations - it is always a choice between modules on DDs it is viable , I think that detonations should be part of a naval game

[BYOB]
Players
2,674 posts
9,762 battles
29 minutes ago, StoneRhino said:

You only get 10 flags for the first Deto of the day. If you deto 10x on one day you only get the 10 flags from the first time.

So he might indeed have only few Flags.

"Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today."

If he needs 10 flags a day then maybe he should go for the module...

And if he plays 10 games a day he should get enough daily XP for the containers.

I'm running a surplus on most flags even though I use them frequently.

Players
200 posts
14,406 battles
4 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

If he needs 10 flags a day then maybe he should go for the module...

And if he plays 10 games a day he should get enough daily XP for the containers.

I'm running a surplus on most flags even though I use them frequently.

1. I was merely pointing out your flawed statement in the first post ( But if OP has been detonated so often recently, he should have enough flags to keep detonations away ).

2. I have 15 DDs, if i play every single one once a day, and i have Deto flags on all of them, how many would i then have used up?

3. I did not argue about the Module, again see 1.

4. So do i, but maybe he rather goes for credit Containers instead of Flag containers. And selecting Flag Cont doesn`t mean you get Deto flags in any of them. He didn`t make any comment on that.

[AKI]
Players
73 posts

Imagen if this was Great Britains attidude after the Hood detoned :cap_hmm:

I have played a lot of battles, got some detons, but realy I don't mind this mechanic. It's also fun to be on the other side of the stick, deton a full hp ship ^^

And as said above, mount the module.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,333 posts
12,564 battles
23 minutes ago, keya_kin said:

I have played a lot of battles, got some detons, but realy I don't mind this mechanic. It's also fun to be on the other side of the stick, deton a full hp ship ^^

And as said above, mount the module.

You don't mind cuz it does not happen to you. Great mindset. Oh and here we go with the module again. Guess what still happens after you mount it! You still detonate! 

Oh the meme. 

• Cool 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,043 posts
6,159 battles

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive content.
  • Funny 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,571 posts
6,638 battles
21 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

*Edited

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Off-Topic content.

[_MIA_]
Players
2,837 posts
5,326 battles
4 hours ago, Lin3 said:

Who cares if you lose a few random battles because you got detonated early on and therefore weren't able to carry your team to victory?

Where is the logic in that? I play a game to have fun. Detonating is not fun, and on top costs u Credits, Flags, Camo...

Same logic would be, if i press battle and my ship gets locked for 20 minutes without me playing it, because RNG says so.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,871 posts
11 hours ago, snakecake said:

The detonation mechanic is going to be reworked, was more or less announced at WGfest 2017. (...)

Yeah, so are CVs and as we all know that 2017 2018 is the year of the CVs so detonations might not be prioritised.

1 hour ago, keya_kin said:

Yeah let's imagine if during every clash with the enemy at least 1 of British destroyers would get blown to pieces... I guess bets would be opened all the time who's next, because - hey - if you can't change it, let's have some fun!

And no, detonating enemy ship is not fun either. It is gamebreaking in exactly same way.

Let's be honest, there are some people who like this mechanic, some that don't mind it and some that despise it. Instead of focusing on that, let's focus on it's place / role in game. Far as I'm concerned there is none, except forcing players to premium shop.

It is shame to see people go because of something, that even WG admits should be reworked. And if people keep going away, you are not going to have a game.

[-TAB-]
Players
47 posts
9,782 battles

Funny how no one ever posts about rage quitting after they where getting a beat down while contesting a cap and survived only when the enemy DD unexpectedly detonated...

:fish_panic:

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
151 posts
8,788 battles

One really, really freaking anoying detonation in a game = ten without.

How often does it happen to people (DD players) on average?

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
12 hours ago, snakecake said:

The detonation mechanic is going to be reworked, was more or less announced at WGfest 2017.

I'm interested in how they exactly plan to "rework" a mechanic that instantly kills you at random...

Detonations don't need any rework. Detonations need to :etc_swear: off.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,333 posts
12,564 battles
8 minutes ago, Stixius said:

One really, really freaking anoying detonation in a game = ten without.

How often does it happen to people (DD players) on average?

Every 34th DD game for me. And 10 of them i use flags, so every 24th game. 

Edit: and before you ask. Yes i use the module on some of them. Makes not difference

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
13 hours ago, Cambers said:

8K+ games, signing out.

Bye bye don't let the door hit you. 

• Cool 1