You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wolfverine28

10 Point captain with a ship & Q and about the Kidd

6 comments in this topic

Players
5 posts
788 battles

So my mate got the Atlanta a while back and I think (after watching some videos on it and the price dropping) that it would be a nice ship to own however, after doin some 'research' the store only sells the ship (From what I can see) and it does not include a 10 point captain. I don't have any other captain then the one on my Ranger (That is decent anyways) and I cant do the mission to get the 10 point captain either. Is it possible to get it (I have seen it before) or is it only for special occasions or from a ship container.

For the second question, I have been paying a lot of attention to the USS Kidd and have not been able to find it in the premium store, or have I found anything about it leaving the premium store. So have I missed it or am I just dumb.

Thanks in advance!

[CATS]
Players
13,643 posts
10,385 battles

You can get captains in bundles, PVE missions, missions and sometimes campaigns.

Or play US cruisers and level one up or level one up using Atlanta (is faster, but maybe a bit frustrating as Atlanta shines with 10+ point captain).

Players
5 posts
788 battles
12 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

but maybe a bit frustrating as Atlanta shines with 10+ point captain

I would do that anyway but that was my main problem with getting just the Atlanta without the captain is that without IFHE its performance would be a lot less.

Do you also know the minimum people you need in a division to do an out of date scenario? Its just sitting there taunting me and I cant do anything about it lol.

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,206 posts
11,015 battles

The scenarios don't get easier with less people, so I would not recommend trying it if you don't have 7 players.

But iirc, you need at least 4 players to start it.

[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles

The Atlanta might look fun and all, but I'd recommend playing a normal non-premium line other than carriers up to tier VII or VIII first, to actually know what tier VII and VIII matches are like for non-carriers, especially for cruisers. It also takes care of your commander issues and you'll know if that expenditure is really something for you or not. Because Atlanta is not a ship you can play without having ever successfully played a cruiser above tier V before. It relies heavily on skill. Very heavily.