Sign in to follow this  
Henry_Strangways

HMS Belfast discontinued

9 comments in this topic

Players
68 posts

Ahoy. (omg right!! :Smile-_tongue:

So, I still have my Belfast... I like it, so shoot me (seriously shoot me). Why was it withdrawn from sale?  I know many felt it was over powered compare to tier VII FIJI for example.  Still, the same might be said of many aspects of the game. 

I just can't remember, why WG thought to  discontinue Belfast. Anyone know or point me to the relevant article Please.

Thanks (tia) 

[5D]
Beta Tester
234 posts
11,904 battles

It was removed from sale after the Smoke Firing Detection changes due to the perceived impact it had on the ship.

• Cool 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,043 posts
6,163 battles

Only frigging cowards hides in smoke screen. I would buy her if I would have the money, and definetely I wouldn't mind the smoke firing detection changes.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
12 posts
2,241 battles
3 hours ago, JudasCarrot said:

I know many felt it was over powered compare to tier VII FIJI for example. 

I personally find the Fiji to actually be better than the Belfast as heal+torpedos fits my play-style (and randoms) better than Radar+HE.

Anyway, as mentioned above, the Belfast was removed due to smoke changes. In fact, the Mik. Kut. was removed as well. 

• Cool 2

Players
68 posts

Thanks chaps. I enjoy playing all RN ships, still keeping Belfast too. Being ex RN (1980 - 1996) and coming from an RN Family (Grand father, Father and Brother) this line in the game is not optional lol:Smile_amazed:

• Cool 2

[HEROZ]
Players
590 posts
5,845 battles

It was removed but not because smoke would have had effect on it but to prevent people from requesting refunds.

To understand this one has to think :"When ship sells the most?" Of course in the beginning. When you nerf it and leave in it store people may want to ask the refund to force back changes. If it doesnt work they may get it back either way. One thing a company cant afford are those refunds, because its a hit to the money they have recieved. It creates a lot of accounting problems and questions. Think about iChase.

But when you discontinue it you make it an elite ship. What it loses in capability it gains in being unique on the battlefield. People will hold to it just to see if it bothers them much. Thats why they anounced it in advance. I can guess that news about being permamently removed from the stores sold a few more which counts as a bonus.

Smoke nerf didnt change much but created a lot of controversy and empty opinions. And the best way to fight them is create commotion. Thats why they removed it from the stores. I bet it didnt sell too well too. Thats why it ended with 50% discount earlier this year.

• Cool 3

[BWOLF]
[BWOLF]
Players
115 posts
5,595 battles
40 minutes ago, Oderisson said:

It was removed but not because smoke would have had effect on it but to prevent people from requesting refunds.

To understand this one has to think :"When ship sells the most?" Of course in the beginning. When you nerf it and leave in it store people may want to ask the refund to force back changes. If it doesnt work they may get it back either way. One thing a company cant afford are those refunds, because its a hit to the money they have recieved. It creates a lot of accounting problems and questions. Think about iChase.

But when you discontinue it you make it an elite ship. What it loses in capability it gains in being unique on the battlefield. People will hold to it just to see if it bothers them much. Thats why they anounced it in advance. I can guess that news about being permamently removed from the stores sold a few more which counts as a bonus.

Smoke nerf didnt change much but created a lot of controversy and empty opinions. And the best way to fight them is create commotion. Thats why they removed it from the stores. I bet it didnt sell too well too. Thats why it ended with 50% discount earlier this year.

You couldn't explain it better than this.

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,992 battles
On 2017-12-25 at 7:38 PM, Oderisson said:

Smoke nerf didnt change much but created a lot of controversy and empty opinions. 

For the Belfast the nerf was not even much of a nerf. If something got within 6 km before you were already screwed or you slaughtered it, so nothing really changed. It still has its broken toolbox and gunpower so the nerf did not change how you play it, and with the new spotting mechanics you are sometimes even more powerful than before.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this