Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

54 comments in this topic

Players
113 posts
9,039 battles

Hi WG,

I understand that Wargaming is first and foremost a business company, aiming at income and expansion.
That's where my understanding of your behavior and policies stops:

You advertise premium ships for something they are not. You advertise armor, mobility, gun power, and then the product is paper ship, that turns like a sunk wreck of Bismarck and scores penetrating hits every few hours...
I have already reimbursed some ships for the obvious false advertisement - Mutsu was advertised like an amazing ship, I bought it, and found that tier 7 and 8 BB's penetrate and citadel it no matter how much you angle, so much that Amagi once scored 4 citadels frontally against it- ALMOST 90 degrees angle to him. I understand - tier 8 and so on...but...meh.

So, not learning my lesson, I coughed out money for Kii. Even took that ugly disgusting piece of garbled up garbage that you call kobayashi camo or whatever. 
I had a few games where I somehow scored some nice damages - I think I could count the games with more than 100k damage on fingers of my 2 hands. But it felt good at times, even very good. Never great. 
So, now ranked started, and I decided to try Kii. Thinking - 10 gun tier 8 BB, should devastate cruisers, has nice AA in case of rare CV's, and a decent health pool. Even torps, as a last resort.
Before I say the following - I am fairly decent player. I understand shell velocity, angles and what not. But even German BB guns are more accurate with less random shell trajectories. You can't even compare this ship to American tier 8 BB's, not at any range. I've been trying for last three days, and even tho I went from lowest rank to rank 7 in 3 days, I found myself spitting bile and feeling an ulcer grow inside my stomach every time I would play Kii - except for one game that somehow stretched out and I scored 140k damage or so. 

List of complaints: 
1) Shooting broadside cruisers at short/medium ranges - Edinburgh for example - I catch him as he turns - full salvo, perfectly aimed (using dynamic crosshairs), shells look fine as they fly out, and then as they land on Edinburgh, just as I am about to grin at the citadel notifications, I get - 1 penetration, 1 overpenetration, 2 bounces. Out of 10 shells, at some 10-12km. What happened? Some shells simply decided that they will go almost entire WIDTH of Edinburgh over him, and a couple of them went half the length behind the Edinburgh. Generally - shooting from Kii makes you feel that your guns are arranged as V on the turrets, and not as II.

2) Angling, armor, brawling - an imaginary thing - another thing that was advertised as reliable or even with higher values than the Kii's brother Amagi. In reality - the worst BB armor I have yet experienced at any tier - except for the disgusting Mutsu, which is not even to be considered a ship. I lost 50-55k HP while angled sligthly (about 60 degrees) to a NCAL, and it wrecked me - 3 citadels and number of penetrations/overpens. 
Just last battle - which finally tilted me into ranting - Alabama rushes me (he had backup tho), at 6km starts giving me broadside, shoots front guns at me almost completely angled into her, nearly bow towards her guns 20,000 damage, I take it, smile, and now it's my 10 guns turn - WHAM! full broadside, just above waterline and under the front turrets - 4 shells hit - AT 5 BLOODY KILOMETERS, 2300 damage or whatever is the score for 2 overpens. The rest of the 10-gun BB AP salvo at 4km got either shattered, deflected or even missed. I have even put the Yamamoto captain just so that I could see the shells more clearly - what is happening to this supposedly deadly beast - and I cringe at every salvo! 

3) Manoeuvring - The ship has maybe the worst turning of all the tier 8's, I can't remember how Amagi was, been a while since I used it. Dodging torps - only if you started turning by accident before you spot the torps.

4) Turret traverse - it's almost decent - with expert marksman skill! ALMOST.

Has WG actually spent any time or effort on actually tracking the use of the latest Japanese premium BB's? I haven't seen a single Ashitaka since the release, bar the few after the first few days on the release, and even then they were ultra rare - saw them popping like pop-corn repeatedly every battle. Mutsu, I have literally seen maybe 3-4 times since September! Kii, I am rarely meeting it in randoms, this is not even funny anymore. 

WG, do you have any intention of considering fair treatment and investing some effort into making your customers not feeling like they have been beaten, then robbed and violated with a number of your products? Has this ship (Kii) received a silent nerf in the last few months? Have you any intention of going back to drawing board and at least acknowledging you have screwed up and and screwed the customers over for their money and nerves and trust?

The worst of all - a clan mate asked me the other day about Kii, I haven't been playing it much recently, and I told him what I remembered, it's delicate, requires planning in advance with the turret traverse and gun accuracy, but CAN BE MADE to work...I would now really feel ashamed if he spent his real money buying this poor crippled thing! 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[NED]
Players
4,013 posts
10,841 battles

I had a wonderful moment against a Kii yesterday! Went to him for a brawl in Tirpitz, we actually had a nice gun fight, but I wanted to get closer to finish the job with torps. And I did. I just forgot 1 extremely tiny detail in that plan....

• Cool 4
  • Funny 9

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,577 battles

E moj čiča :D

First rule, never buy Japanese premiums :D hahahahahahhaa

• Cool 1

[_MIA_]
Players
2,876 posts
5,336 battles
14 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Your stats for the Kii say you have no reason to complain..:cap_old:

Was thinking the same after seeing the stats from Missouri? If US BBs are so badass (T8) then how come the Missouri isnt? Considered OP by so many ppl...

Only thing i can understand is that some Premium ships very similiar to Silver ships, so i wouldnt understand the reason for buying them.

Players
113 posts
9,039 battles
9 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Your stats for the Kii say you have no reason to complain..:cap_old:

What do you mean man? 63% WR is a joke - since it's only 38 battles that I've played with it. So until I've got 100 or so battles the WR% isn't really a measure. You can see by stats that Kii is my 3rd worst by accuracy I think, beaten by Amagi at 20% and one more, not sure prolly german.
If you mean 67k damage on average, that's even worse. I got better damage on Colorado which is tier lower, and even Nelson I think which is also tier 7. 
*please take into account I have only really started improving my stats over the last year or so, so if you compare with my other ships, and especially german and japanese BB's - those lines I grinded when I was a total noob and they cost me a lot on my overall WR% (which I am improving alot lately if you check)..

5 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

E moj čiča :D

First rule, never buy Japanese premiums :D hahahahahahhaa

I know the rule, but generally, if you see a tolerable reviews on youtube, + a ton of "pros" over "cons" in the general description, you decide to buy the thing.

Just had a battle with 55k damage - victory for getting back into rank 7 - I had absolutely nothing to do with it. Tirpitz (or maybe Bismarck) took 3 salvos from me, moving in a perfectly straight line, took just under 15k damage - combined from 3 salvos, of which the best salvo was 8k damage. And this was at 12-13km.

5 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I had a wonderful moment against a Kii yesterday! Went to him for a brawl in Tirpitz, we actually had a nice gun fight, but I wanted to get closer to finish the job with torps. And I did. I just forgot 1 extremely tiny detail in that plan....

Ye, lol, people forget Kii has torpedo shaped teeth too. Little consolation it is. When you know enemy BB's can risk your torps because your guns are next to harmless.

8 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Watching YouTube-reviews is sorcery.

Do tell more, not sure if you were sarcastic thinking I didn't, or you were sarcastic thinking I did watch some positive reviews and decided upon them?

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,674 posts
13,098 battles

What, you honestly believed the guys who told you to pick Expert Rear Gunner for the KGV?

I'd say serves you right.

[_MIA_]
Players
2,876 posts
5,336 battles
54 minutes ago, Chicha_Drazza said:

Tirpitz (or maybe Bismarck) took 3 salvos from me, moving in a perfectly straight line, took just under 15k damage - combined from 3 salvos, of which the best salvo was 8k damage. And this was at 12-13km.

BB dispersion? Happens to any BB. Had a Colorado against my Missouri reversing full broadside at 7 km with 4k health left. Noone was shooting him so i had to (even tho i didnt want to) 2x0 damage pens 1 over pen 3 bullets didnt hit, he reversed behind the rock. Nothing u can do about that.

Players
113 posts
9,039 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

What, you honestly believed the guys who told you to pick Expert Rear Gunner for the KGV?

I'd say serves you right.

Huh?

44 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

BB dispersion? Happens to any BB. Had a Colorado against my Missouri reversing full broadside at 7 km with 4k health left. Noone was shooting him so i had to (even tho i didnt want to) 2x0 damage pens 1 over pen 3 bullets didnt hit, he reversed behind the rock. Nothing u can do about that.

This is with upgrade for dispersion (yes, I actually took off AA upgrade), and with actually waiting for guns to settle down - I don't snapshot unless it's a must - I had time to aim. Dispersion at lower mid range shouldn't affect me this much - I know where to aim and how to hurt bb's that give me 90 degrees broadside angle, and NOT EVEN TRYING TO CHANGE SPEED OR TURN.
This is just one example. I consider it a miracle if I actually score a citadel or two per game. It's not a problem with any other ship, I mean I use AP on my DD's when cruisers show me sides (and citadel them when my Kii can't). 

Just for record - Bismarck with my setup and captain has 274m dispersion, while Kii has 208m. I have never felt frustrated with german bb's and found them much more comfortable than any other BB's, even NCAL (but that is just a matter of preference). I have never had such issues on Bismarck/Tirpitz. In 3 different salvoes in sequence to not score any DECENT hit is a bit ridiculous. And again, this just one of the ridiculous examples - I don't want Kii to score 5 citadels with every salvo, or to bounce enemy broadside salvos. 
And, there was no saturation to speak of, since the Tirpitz or Bismarck I was shooting at had pretty high HP at the time.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,674 posts
13,098 battles
21 minutes ago, Chicha_Drazza said:

Huh?

Point is that the guys who make commercials/advertisements for premium ships have no idea what they're talking about. It's your own fault for believing them.

For example, in this video

they actively recommend that you pick IFHE while showing that they've picked Expert Rear Gunner for the KGV. (3:50)

It's best to look for community reviews instead.

• Funny 1

[OMNI]
Players
341 posts
7,334 battles

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive content.
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,295 battles

I won a Kii in some Xmas crates.

It's actually a far better ship than I expected, functionally it is the same as an Amagi just with better AA and torps you will never use.

Would I pay full price for it? Hell no.

But I do like her...

[HMSR]
Players
1,627 posts
5,839 battles

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to disrespectful comments.

[_MIA_]
Players
2,876 posts
5,336 battles
11 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

they actively recommend that you pick IFHE while showing that they've picked Expert Rear Gunner for the KGV. (3:50)

First time i actually watched that LOL

But the part about long range and shooting a Cruiser at 7,5km XD!

Players
113 posts
9,039 battles
15 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Point is that the guys who make commercials/advertisements for premium ships have no idea what they're talking about. It's your own fault for believing them

I wasn't referring to WG youtube videos, but the community contributors and others. 
I very well understood it was peculiar ship, but with a set of advantages and weaknesses, pros and cons. 
Not an utter trash.

15 hours ago, XTHD said:

*Edited

Mature, aren't we. Whoever said I needed a pay-to-win ship...It has nothing to do with winning, I got decent win rate in it, the ship is just feeling wholly terrible and underachieving.
You get no sense of achievement, other than avoiding being citadelled or failing to hit every single shot in it.
Thank you for your time and valuable input, I really wanted to hear something deep and constructive like your post was. 

• Cool 1

[OMNI]
Players
341 posts
7,334 battles
15 hours ago, Chicha_Drazza said:

Mature, aren't we. Whoever said I needed a pay-to-win ship...It has nothing to do with winning, I got decent win rate in it, the ship is just feeling wholly terrible and underachieving.
You get no sense of achievement, other than avoiding being citadelled or failing to hit every single shot in it.
Thank you for your time and valuable input, I really wanted to hear something deep and constructive like your post was.

You already have Amagi, so why would you buy a premium that's very similar if you didn't expect it to be better? *Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive content.
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
113 posts
9,039 battles
15 hours ago, XTHD said:

You already have Amagi, so why would you buy a premium that's very similar if you didn't expect it to be better? *Edited

*Edited
Who said I have Amagi? *Edited For that matter, I liked Amagi somewhat, but not enough to keep it, and the Kii appeared to be a clearly distinctive ship, while mostly similar to it.
*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive and disrespectful content.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,295 battles

OP sounds a bit salty as he paid full price for Kii....

I might go play mine after dinner in honour of this thread :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[OMNI]
Players
341 posts
7,334 battles

*Edited

*Edited

*Edited

Who said I have Amagi? *Edited For that matter, I liked Amagi somewhat, but not enough to keep it, and the Kii appeared to be a clearly distinctive ship, while mostly similar to it.
*Edited

*Edited I'll be helpful here (it's Christmas and all) and inform you that it is possible to rebuy any tech tree ship that you don't have anymore. So when I say "you have the Amagi", it means you have it researched, because it is available whenever you need. You are welcome.

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to insults.
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

Players
113 posts
9,039 battles
Just now, Negativvv said:

OP sounds a bit salty as he paid full price for Kii....

I might go play mine after dinner in honour of this thread :cap_cool:

Nah mate, I wish it was the money I cared about. As that bonobo missed my whole point, it's not about winning, or being better - but about having a ship feel fun, which is why we play this game, or at least most of us do. 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,529 posts
6,365 battles
7 hours ago, Chicha_Drazza said:

You advertise armor, mobility, gun power, and then the product is paper ship, that turns like a sunk wreck of Bismarck and scores penetrating hits every few hours...

She has thicker armour than the Amagi. For mobility - Amagi's a battlecruiser, Kii is effectively a fast battleship. 10x410s at tier 8 is a lot of gun power, as far as I know that's actually the most gun power of all 8s on par with the Amagi. Exactly as advertised. You simply have no clue how to use it.

Mutsu was advertised like an amazing ship, I bought it, and found that tier 7 and 8 BB's penetrate and citadel it no matter how much you angle, so much that Amagi once scored 4 citadels frontally against it- ALMOST 90 degrees angle to him. I understand - tier 8 and so on...but...meh.

You call yourself a decent player but clearly show no clue about how one of BBs bread-and-butter mechanics work - overmatching armour

Thinking - 10 gun tier 8 BB, should devastate cruisers, has nice AA in case of rare CV's, and a decent health pool. Even torps, as a last resort.

Did you actually expected to meet cruisers and CVs in ranked? Is this your 1st season? :Smile_teethhappy:

I had a few games where I somehow scored some nice damages - I think I could count the games with more than 100k damage on fingers of my 2 hands.

So 6 to 10 games out of your 38 were 100+k games. That's 16...26%, so averages as 1 in 5 games scores over 100k. Not bad for a tier 8

But even German BB guns are more accurate with less random shell trajectories. You can't even compare this ship to American tier 8 BB's, not at any range.

1st - not they are not. 2nd - well then how about you compare it to the Amagi then? Those 2 ships are pretty comparable

I've been trying for last three days, and even tho I went from lowest rank to rank 7 in 3 days, I found myself spitting bile and feeling an ulcer grow inside my stomach every time I would play Kii - except for one game that somehow stretched out and I scored 140k damage or so. 

So you're playing a ship that you don't like just because you spent money on it. That's your problem, not a problem with the ship

1) Shooting broadside cruisers at short/medium ranges - Edinburgh for example - I catch him as he turns - full salvo, perfectly aimed (using dynamic crosshairs), shells look fine as they fly out, and then as they land on Edinburgh, just as I am about to grin at the citadel notifications, I get - 1 penetration, 1 overpenetration, 2 bounces.

Congratulations, you're playing a BB! Or did you expect a premium BB to be some kind of "10 out of 10 shells will hit citadel every time or you get your money back"?

Some shells simply decided that they will go almost entire WIDTH of Edinburgh over him, and a couple of them went half the length behind the Edinburgh

That's called accuracy and shell spread, and it's there on every single gun in this game. Once again - you claim to be at least decent, but clearly have no clue how the "target ellipse" works

2) Angling, armor, brawling - an imaginary thing - another thing that was advertised as reliable or even with higher values than the Kii's brother Amagi. In reality - the worst BB armor I have yet experienced at any tier - except for the disgusting Mutsu, which is not even to be considered a ship. I lost 50-55k HP while angled sligthly (about 60 degrees) to a NCAL, and it wrecked me - 3 citadels and number of penetrations/overpens. 

She has thicker armour than the Amagi does. Go check the in-game armour viewer. Amagi at the same time has far more troll armour, as well as turtleback citadel and fully submerged citadel while Kiis citadel is waterline under 1st and 2nd turret.

Just becuase you have no clue how to use the armour doesn't mean it's bad. It's not good, but it's still more than usable.

Good thing you can report to us exactly what the NC got on you, would be awkward knowing just the damage and then guessing what he scored to make the damage numbers fit. because it's completely unheard of people scoring 20...30k salvos on targets with 0 citadels scored

Alabama rushes me (he had backup tho), at 6km starts giving me broadside, shoots front guns at me almost completely angled into her, nearly bow towards her guns 20,000 damage, I take it, smile, and now it's my 10 guns turn - WHAM! full broadside, just above waterline and under the front turrets - 4 shells hit - AT 5 BLOODY KILOMETERS, 2300 damage or whatever is the score for 2 overpens. The rest of the 10-gun BB AP salvo at 4km got either shattered, deflected or even missed.

Replay or it didn't happen. Also  your story doesn't line up. You do know you can't bring all 10 of your guns on him when you are bow on? You actually have to expose quite a lot of your side to do that.

Also just yesterday I missed a full 10-shell salvo with my Amagi on a Derpitz 7km from me. That's called "RNG hated you for that one", and it can happen to any ship.

Manoeuvring - The ship has maybe the worst turning of all the tier 8's, I can't remember how Amagi was, been a while since I used it. Dodging torps - only if you started turning by accident before you spot the torps.

Kii's still fast. She's long and sleek, thus she gets the speed by losing her ability to turn quickly. Maneuverability isn't just the ability to turn, you know. And the only torps you can't dodge are PA DWTs - and you should get hit by them if they are next to you, as you failed to "predict" them coming. Also as Kii doesn't have those massive bulges on her sides she can pass through narrower gaps between torps

Turret traverse - it's almost decent - with expert marksman skill! ALMOST.

It's normal IJN traverse, I'm pretty sure it's the same as the Amagis. never had a problem with it

I haven't seen a single Ashitaka since the release

I have, and I properly laughed at that guy who had bought it. I played through that hull back when Amagi still had it, no thank you.

Mutsu, I have literally seen maybe 3-4 times since September! Kii, I am rarely meeting it in randoms, this is not even funny anymore. 

Played a lot of tier 5 & 6 games in the last month, and saw quite a lot of Mutsus. I'd like to get the Mutsu, as it looks nice except for her having the "old design" IJN BB turrets (anyone who's played IJN BBs before they got their old A hulls removed will know what I mean)

WG, do you have any intention of considering fair treatment and investing some effort into making your customers not feeling like they have been beaten, then robbed and violated with a number of your products? Has this ship (Kii) received a silent nerf in the last few months? Have you any intention of going back to drawing board and at least acknowledging you have screwed up and and screwed the customers over for their money and nerves and trust?

So you bought something and you don't like it. At the store buying it you already signed that you won't be able to refund it you like it or not. Don't like it? Tough luck. Altho most of this post sounds like you are trying to make this ship work in ways it was never intended to. So you are simply screwing up yourself.

The worst of all - a clan mate asked me the other day about Kii, I haven't been playing it much recently, and I told him what I remembered, it's delicate, requires planning in advance with the turret traverse and gun accuracy, but CAN BE MADE to work...I would now really feel ashamed if he spent his real money buying this poor crippled thing! 

I'd suggest your clanmate to get either a more reliable info source or at least get multiple opinions before making his decision

Other than that - YouTube and twitch are a thing, feel free to do your research before buying something.

4 hours ago, Chicha_Drazza said:

This is with upgrade for dispersion (yes, I actually took off AA upgrade), and with actually waiting for guns to settle down - I don't snapshot unless it's a must - I had time to aim. Dispersion at lower mid range shouldn't affect me this much - I know where to aim and how to hurt bb's that give me 90 degrees broadside angle, and NOT EVEN TRYING TO CHANGE SPEED OR TURN.

Just a casual case of BB dispersion, you can hit all shells or none at any range. Accuracy build just makes your target eclipse smaller (tighter?) but doesn't eliminate your ability to miss your targets

4 hours ago, Negativvv said:

torps you will never use

Actually I've used them against Tirpitzs twice in my 33 games, one was enemy, the other one might have been a happy accident :Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
49 posts
2,730 battles

hmmm i loved the kii, has some great games in it and my overall impression is that i did good in it. I love the camo and how it changes the tower. loved the AA. I really think you should watch some youtube vids about the ship you are interested before buying next time...and about the whole shell trajectory issue...i got the Missouri thinking im gonna kick [edited]... 6 km and shells go everywhere but the target, cant even evaporate broadside cruisers. Ppl say the missouri is awesome...well most americans do...for me its sucks big time, its like torture...i regret spending all those free xp. So bottom line you are a victim of RNG.

Players
113 posts
9,039 battles
12 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

She has thicker armour than the Amagi. For mobility - Amagi's a battlecruiser, Kii is effectively a fast battleship. 10x410s at tier 8 is a lot of gun power, as far as I know that's actually the most gun power of all 8s on par with the Amagi. Exactly as advertised. You simply have no clue how to use it.

Her armor is thicker only on paper, citadel is screaming "hit me I'm massive and butt-naked". I agree on Amagi armor being troll - I only really got hurt by 9's and 10's the way I've been hurt in Kii. And since you say Amagi is battlecruiser and Kii is a battleship, doesn't it make sense to actually have at least slightly better armor - since battlecruiser should, at least on paper be both more mobile/less heavily armored AND less able to trade - but Amagi has been a fortress, while Kii feels like an oversized cruiser with handling issues.

You call yourself a decent player but clearly show no clue about how one of BBs bread-and-butter mechanics work - overmatching armour

Do you have to be rude or assume the worst of me? I know exactly the point of BB's and their overmatching shells and what not. Point is, you advertise something as a great item and in reality it's a barehanded slave thrown into an arena loaded with wild beasts and gladiators. Ok, more fair comparison would be from Game of Thrones, when Brienne gets thrown into pit with the bear - she's a great swordsman, but she's up against a hungry and angry bear twice her size. Not something they mention while advertising. Mutsu being a battleship, it should at least be capable of getting some of those overmatching shots slide off, and not each of them to say "hello my little floating citadel friend".

Did you actually expected to meet cruisers and CVs in ranked? Is this your 1st season?:Smile_teethhappy:

Again, why the condescending tone again? Actually, this is my 2nd season, since my profession is actually seamanship and I am an officer on ships that are mostly much bigger than the ingame BB's, so I miss out on the competitive part of game most of time.
 I have seen a total of 6-7 games with CV's and most games for me have been BB's and Cruisers, only yesterday DD's taking somewhat more noticeable portion of team rosters - average ranked game so far has been 3-3-1 or even 4-2-1, and stretching it could be a 2-3-2 (BB-CA-DD), ignoring the appearance of few odd CV's.

So 6 to 10 games out of your 38 were 100+k games. That's 16...26%, so averages as 1 in 5 games scores over 100k. Not bad for a tier 8

Actually, it's really bad - Kii gets a decent matchmaking(much better than the german bb's at least), at least from what I've seen, I haven't had been heavily uptiered (put against 9's and 10's). I position myself well - most of the time, and I try to exploit the concealment and 10-gun salvos on unsuspecting targets, which is where the frustration and the whole thread comes from - being unable to score even decent or average salvos on heavily exposed weaknesses of enemies. I don't ask that I one shot cruisers. I don't ask that I take 50% of BB's HP, not even on 1 out of 5 salvos - but that there is at least the slightest bit of relation between aiming, target position and exposure and the shells actually landing anywhere within the aimed area (i will put a small diagram at end)

1st - not they are not. 2nd - well then how about you compare it to the Amagi then? Those 2 ships are pretty comparable

1st - Sorry, I have to disagree with you. Until you have fired both Kii and the tier 8 German counterpart guns, you will not understand. I am not arguing or trying to rile you up - I am talking about actually experiencing this in game. On paper, as I said, I get 68m lesser dispersion! That is just massive. The thing I am talking about has a feel of being a BUG, not just issue with aiming. I have never had these problems with the German kings of dispersion, not even with Iowa 293m dispersion, or the Yamato 256m! 

2nd - As for Amagi comparison. I was honestly considering buying back the Amagi as they came out with Kii announcement. I liked the Amagi, it's definitely not the best BB I played, but it was strong, reliable and forgiving. Kii is nowhere near it, even tho my memory of Amagi experience is quite old, almost 1.5 years old. Kii, most honestly, feels like it's a mix of Fuso, Nagato and the old stock Amagi hull A (if I am not mistaken about designation of the first hull you researched on it before the removal). 

So you're playing a ship that you don't like just because you spent money on it. That's your problem, not a problem with the ship

No, I'm playing a ship that I am trying to figure out, as I have a general idea what it should and shouldn't do. I spent money on it, and I am quite determined when it comes to figuring things out, even despite the reason telling me to just trash the damn thing and move on. Can you honestly say that the number of Kiis and Mutsus seen in random battles are anywhere near comparable to their other nation counterparts? Again, I am not arguing with you, I am asking you for an honest "sit-down-and-think-on-it" kind of feedback. 

Congratulations, you're playing a BB! Or did you expect a premium BB to be some kind of "10 out of 10 shells will hit citadel every time or you get your money back"?

Again with the condescension. We already discussed this one in your earlier remark - I don't expect OP crap. Just reasonable results from taking the time and being careful with your choice of shots and targets. I've had clanmate listen to me as I went through 3 Kii battles and he was laughing at the end. Even I did, although it was the hopeless laughter from my side.

That's called accuracy and shell spread, and it's there on every single gun in this game. Once again - you claim to be at least decent, but clearly have no clue how the "target ellipse" works

YES. Shell flight time on average from 4-8s. These are the ranges I am talking about - not max range, just medium ranges where this ship should be if not outright brutal, then at least fairly good. For example Bismarck/Tirpitz are 251m long. That means, with shell dispersion that I narrowed down to 208m on Kii, I should still be landing all 10. Now, you're gonna jump and say - "HA YOU WANT ALL 10". No, I'm saying put everything on paper, if I lead the target properly and train my guns ahead, shells should start landing from let's say foremost part of the bow, and the last one in vicinity of the rear turrets. As for vertical dispersion, or the "target ellipse"(which is by the way nonsense term, I mean no offense - shells have a elliptical trajectory, not the target shape). In case you were referring to the outline or the contour of the target, ok I can understand, but Bismarck and Tirpitz have fairly high hulls and lots of superstructure, so it's still a big upper half of ellipsoid. 

She has thicker armour than the Amagi does. Go check the in-game armour viewer. Amagi at the same time has far more troll armour, as well as turtleback citadel and fully submerged citadel while Kiis citadel is waterline under 1st and 2nd turret.

Just becuase you have no clue how to use the armour doesn't mean it's bad. It's not good, but it's still more than usable.

Good thing you can report to us exactly what the NC got on you, would be awkward knowing just the damage and then guessing what he scored to make the damage numbers fit. because it's completely unheard of people scoring 20...30k salvos on targets with 0 citadels scored

I'll skip the armor/citade part since we already had it above - yet you persist on condescending tone with "you are clueless" comments. I have described you the situation, I made a mistake and gave only a sligthly angled broadside to the NCAL - and this was at some roughly 16-18km. I guessed it was AT LEAST 3 citadels, as NCAL has 13k per AP shell? And I lost over FIFTY THOUSAND *80%* in that one salvo (this is not the only time that such stuff happened). So my math was not too far off, 39k from 3 cits, and random damages from overpens and penetrations with lower values. Could have been additional small damage from a cruiser that MIGHT have hit me that added up to total, but still.

Replay or it didn't happen. Also  your story doesn't line up. You do know you can't bring all 10 of your guns on him when you are bow on? You actually have to expose quite a lot of your side to do that.

Also just yesterday I missed a full 10-shell salvo with my Amagi on a Derpitz 7km from me. That's called "RNG hated you for that one", and it can happen to any ship.

If you really want, I will look up the replay for Kii, but I cannot be sure which one it was. And you must have misread the description - I kept my bow into him, almost completely, maybe 10-20degrees off being 90 to his front guns. I kept my fire until he already started passing at my side, and I gave him the full broadside. That's why my rear guns were included. I even moved my bloody camera in gunnery mode (or whatever is the view when you look from gun/tower perspective), to the rear turrets so I could clip him as soon as it was possible and start turning to avoid his second salvo.

Kii's still fast. She's long and sleek, thus she gets the speed by losing her ability to turn quickly. Maneuverability isn't just the ability to turn, you know. And the only torps you can't dodge are PA DWTs - and you should get hit by them if they are next to you, as you failed to "predict" them coming. Also as Kii doesn't have those massive bulges on her sides she can pass through narrower gaps between torps

Yep, pretty fast when it gets there. Once again, I'm a navigational officer and manoeuvring even larger ships is my job (not having to dodge the torps IRL tho, thank god, suicidal fishermen on fishing boats and sleeping Chinese lookouts on other ships are challenge enough :D :laugh: ) BB's deserve to be torped if they allow DD's to get near enough and not take action early enough. I did have a fair share of good dodges, there's no doubt about it, but that took some lucky early turning and again, this is the worst tier 8 bb on that department too. Despite being quite narrow.

It's normal IJN traverse, I'm pretty sure it's the same as the Amagis. never had a problem with it

That's fair, it's not Yamato style bad anyway.

I have, and I properly laughed at that guy who had bought it. I played through that hull back when Amagi still had it, no thank you.

I saw MAYBE 2-3 total since it was released. I laughed as well. Well, more like cringed, and did mention that it should have been a clear indication what kind of ship it is when it has crap as part of the name, called it "A or AKA.crap"

Played a lot of tier 5 & 6 games in the last month, and saw quite a lot of Mutsus. I'd like to get the Mutsu, as it looks nice except for her having the "old design" IJN BB turrets (anyone who's played IJN BBs before they got their old A hulls removed will know what I mean)

Then I have to say you've been miraculously lucky to meet them, especially in the enemy team. Don't mistake, the guns are beastly, but pretty much useless the moment you are in range of anything of same or higher tier - and missing a single salvo can be a huge difference between having a decent or a terrible game/score. I wish you luck if you go for it, now it's on discount too, So throwing a few thousand doubloons isn't too terrible. Honest warning tho - don't.

So you bought something and you don't like it. At the store buying it you already signed that you won't be able to refund it you like it or not. Don't like it? Tough luck. Altho most of this post sounds like you are trying to make this ship work in ways it was never intended to. So you are simply screwing up yourself.

How do you think this ship was intended to work? (Please explain, maybe I am doing it wrong as you have stated it).
I have tried to use it both at long range (spotter plane) - it does not work. Shells are just abysmally slow and that strange dispersion issue just doesn't let you snipe, despite the numbers. Again, I use money for my entertainment, and I never regretted spending so much of it on games. I am talking about issues that the ship is having. I'll even division with you if you have the time or will to see for yourself. 
I have tried to use it as midrange, and it's where it really can be used - but again with really mixed success, as you get heavily outdamaged by other BB's in exchanges. 
Short range is just suicide with the ship of this length, size and poor protection, despite having the derp torps to make up for the turret traverse - at close range you will rarely ever live long enough (or the target) to fire the second salvo as you sail past eachother in the brawl exchange.

Other than that - YouTube and twitch are a thing, feel free to do your research before buying something.

I already said this, and explained repeatedly that I took time to look at other sources and not WG advertisement. 

Just a casual case of BB dispersion, you can hit all shells or none at any range. Accuracy build just makes your target eclipse smaller (tighter?) but doesn't eliminate your ability to miss your targets

Wrong. Casual case means something that happens sometimes. This is a constant issue, with scoring a decent salvo (not devastating) is more of a casual case than the other way around.

Actually I've used them against Tirpitzs twice in my 33 games, one was enemy, the other one might have been a happy accident :Smile_trollface:

Wish I had the time to commit a happy accident to a "friendly" gearing that torped my HIV from 4km behind "sniping Yamato at 14km with widespread torp salvo - blamed me for ruining his "perfect shot", me being the bastard trying to dodge yamato shells and tashkent torps (was burning yamato and dodging/negating his shots quite well until "perfect shot gearing" happened).

https://pasteboard.co/GZO7FUp.png

I made a crappy drawing quickly. Red circle on the tirpitz/bismarck is roughly where you wish the shells to land (this is just hypothetical). Even if 208m dispersion means 208m in front and 208m behind you should still be getting at least 6-7 shells to easily land on the target, given that tirpitz/bismarck are 251m long. (251 / 416 - roughly 6/10) and I'm pretty sure it's the 104 meters front and behind of the aim point. And even if you add the possibility that your ship was somewhat angled (Kii is 250m?) and your rear guns are some 20-30 meters BEHIND the line if you were parallel, so you would get some over/under shooting, even then, at least 3-4 shells should easily do damage. I am not talking ridiculous demands that 10 shells hit, just the reasonable % of those salvos to behave as per the paper. In return, if this is really how game works, than Kii should be almost unkillable for his opponents as they have even worse dispersion.

SORRY ABOUT FORMAT, FORUM KEPT BREAKING TEXT AND SPLITTING...I put your remarks in orange, and my replies as Bold/Underscored.

6 hours ago, Aethanos said:

hmmm i loved the kii, has some great games in it and my overall impression is that i did good in it. I love the camo and how it changes the tower. loved the AA. I really think you should watch some youtube vids about the ship you are interested before buying next time...and about the whole shell trajectory issue...i got the Missouri thinking im gonna kick [edited]... 6 km and shells go everywhere but the target, cant even evaporate broadside cruisers. Ppl say the missouri is awesome...well most americans do...for me its sucks big time, its like torture...i regret spending all those free xp. So bottom line you are a victim of RNG.

"loved"? 

Are you still playing the ship? If you have it, would you be so kind to try and play a few games and tell me if it feels different - it definitely hasn't felt this bad earlier when I played it, but something is different. Again, I really haven't had such issues with any other BB's except for maybe the Brittish tier 6 what was his name, and sometimes randomly american tier 5 and 6... AH remembered - it was Warspite!

RNG is definitely a factor, but I am talking about something that is constant. Not just RNG - oh snap, my shells went everywhere. I am genuinely talking about shells aimed at one point, and entire salvo GROUPING on completely different point. Stationary cruisers in smoke - I make sure to even observe if they got smoke from their smoke stacks/funnels to see if they move - and even as the shells go berserking everywhere but the place I aimed at, they haven' moved. 
This is repetitive, and I haven't seen it with any other ships, give or take some random rare RNG stuff that happens in a game or two where nothing goes right. EVERY game.

Sign in to follow this