You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Benser

North Cape Campaign, Mission 2, Task 1

22 comments in this topic

[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
339 posts
6,579 battles

Who's idea was this task?

Receive 250,000 potential damage in a tier 5-10 cruiser in a single game, survive and win? And this awards 1 star?

Am I overlooking something or is this task completely absurd? I could see a tier 10 cruiser survive maybe 2-3 times its max hp in a game but 5 times? AND you still have to win?

This task seems utterly unreasonable to me.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,872 posts
Vor 14 Minuten, Benser sagte:

I could see a tier 10 cruiser survive maybe 2-3 times its max hp in a game but 5 times?

it is potential damage...

• Cool 1

[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
339 posts
6,579 battles
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

it is potential damage...

So you just need to bounce 17 Yamato AP shells? It is still an absurd amount to have to survive.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,214 posts
13,976 battles

@Benser Potential Damage is all shots fired at you when targeted... so Hits/Ricochets and misses. 

In a tier 8+ Cruiser over 1,000,ü00 is not rare. To be honest this mission should almost read be shot at and Survive

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
880 posts
8,142 battles
1 minute ago, Benser said:

So you just need to bounce 17 Yamato AP shells? It is still an absurd amount to have to survive.

Not bounce them dude, he can shoot at you, you hit the breaks/turn and he misses.

French cruisers are pretty nasty for that mission.

• Cool 2

[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
339 posts
6,579 battles

Ah, if misses count then yes, that makes things substantially easier...

Thank you for clarifying that.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,214 posts
13,976 battles
2 minutes ago, Benser said:

Ah, if misses count then yes, that makes things substantially easier...

Thank you for clarifying that.

No problem old chap.. Merry Christmas

• Cool 1

[TCNF]
Beta Tester
343 posts
6,255 battles

You can even farm potential damage by dodging torpedo spreads, in high tiers every shima torpedo spread does massive damage, about 110K

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
3,599 posts
7,459 battles

if anything, it's really hard not to complete that on a survived win... 250k is pretty much just two NewMex/Fuso broadsides...

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,226 posts
5,868 battles
15 minutes ago, Needy_Game said:

You can even farm potential damage by dodging torpedo spreads, in high tiers every shima torpedo spread does massive damage, about 110K

Torpedoes which when fired were locked onto you, or just any torpedo that comes near?

[_MIA_]
Players
2,932 posts
5,358 battles
12 minutes ago, Needy_Game said:

I think the torps need to be in a certain distance to u in order to count as potential damage. Had a Hindenburg game lately, where a Shima targeted my BB behind me (he didnt know i was there before he launched the torps) I had to take one on the nose tho, i exploded (ofc lol), and havent had so much potential damage (got only shot 2 or 3 times by enemy hindenburg before my match ended ~~)

Just now, Tyrendian89 said:

if anything, it's really hard not to complete that on a survived win... 250k is pretty much just two NewMex/Fuso broadsides...

Or u play RN Cruiser, win, survive, get 3 kills but noone really shoots u, even outside of smoke :Smile_sad: Otherwise would have worked tho...

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,803 battles

I worried about this one, but did it first try in Minotaur.... (potential damage is not a one of the post game stats that I tend to look at, so had no idea what would be a 'normal' value, learning all the time :) )

Quality Poster
2,952 posts
7,933 battles

If I remember the patch notes correctly: Any shell that lands in a circle with 500m around your ship will be counted towards potential damage.

Otherwise the 2 million I once had in my donskoi (iirc) wouldn't be possible.

Greetings

Players
1,654 posts
11,443 battles

I was actually worried, was hugging islands to much that nobody was shooting me. Thank god for the Montana that insisted on trying to kill me ( and ignoring the broadside Yamato at 4km from him ).

[SV3]
Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles

In stronger T10 cruisers and BB played right its not un common to survive with 2.5 to 3 million potential damage. Khaba is a great ship to do missions like these in. Everybody likes to shoot at a Khaba but few manage to hit it.

Players
609 posts
7,301 battles
8 hours ago, Benser said:

Receive 250,000 potential damage in a tier 5-10 cruiser in a single game, survive and win? And this awards 1 star?

You can check under your profile. It shows how mutch average potential damage you recive per battle. 

Checked mine, should be rather easy mission. Averaging about 400k in tier.3-5, about 600k in tier.6-8 and about 900k- 1.5m in tier.9-10 per battle.

[TCNF]
Beta Tester
343 posts
6,255 battles
23 hours ago, domen3 said:

Torpedoes which when fired were locked onto you, or just any torpedo that comes near?

you have to be targeted and locked, for any potential damage to be counted, if it was just a random torpedo spread, then its not potential damage 

Players
609 posts
7,301 battles
9 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

over 3k battles...

nearly 900 in BBs.. (second most played class...)

doesn't know what "potential damage" means...

To be honest, it is kind of worthles knowlege.

[-BWR-]
Players
79 posts
3,440 battles

Does anyone knows until when I have the time to finish this campaign? I can't see an end date, and I am rather occupied with other things coming weeks.