Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HappyCampert

Narai operation broken?

13 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
1,898 battles

I played this operation several times now. On two occasions the mission didn't complete after killing all ships in the harbour. And yes, we scouted every corner to make sure no ship was left.

Players
164 posts
19,127 battles

One ship must take the backdoor too the right  .2 DDs and 3 cargo ships present.

Makes it easy for the team in the middle channel.

A job for Atlanta or Belfast with Radar

[BFS]
Beta Tester
753 posts
4,575 battles

In several games the CAs in the game told me in a BB to cover that flank while the CAs dealt with the main force....  The problem is that the islands then cut you off from the main action.

The first game I had there in the Nagato no-one went to the right and we only got a 4-star win.  So the team has to deal with that right flank in order to win a 5-star battle.

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,255 posts
7,938 battles

Doesn't really matter who does what. As long as everyone involved has a brain you'll be fine. That's a big "if", tho.

Most players simply can't read and don't know about that "side quest".

[PORT]
Players
1,461 posts
10,606 battles

Had this twice too.

A ship escaped, disappeared from the map, and the mission could not be finished. :/

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,295 battles

Yes, send a cruiser to the west side to stop the fleeing transporters.

I got 5 stars with a Flint just now. Wasn't even hard at all... Kept pace with repair lead AI ship, used DPM and profited :cap_cool:

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,832 posts
3,714 battles
34 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

I got 5 stars with a Flint just now. Wasn't even hard at all... 

I don't think that any OP can be too hard when you have a Flint.

I had the mission bug out as well when the team failed to kill a transport ship which meant we were left there waiting for 5 minutes for the timer to get a loss.

Also had the game completely lock up on me and a div mate when the result screen failed to load after succesfully completing the mission.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,295 battles
19 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Hmm only thing you did wrong probably is not owning a Flint :Smile-_tongue:

But seriously, the bit where the Missouri and co rush you, that's when I parked broadside and smoked up. The DPM made the difference there, I imagine an Atlanta would get nuked without smoke.

[4_0_4]
Players
3,755 posts
10,342 battles

Played this mission a few times today again. Got a couple of 4-5 stars. It's really not that difficult, as long as the team doesn't camp behind the transports.

Players
560 posts

Not that difficult? It can be impossible to win, if you're not divisioned. It all depends what sort of PUG you get.

Like the time we had a Yorck AFK the whole battle.

The times you lose 2 team mates to the first wave. And a couple more to the Missouri.

The consolation is that in losses your damage done is likely to be higher than in 5 star wins.

Coming back to the OP, there is a bug, where the end zone can be clear of enemies and you still lose. I can only guess that this is because one of the north east ships slipped by and sailed off to the other end of the map, and the buggy programming counts this as a ship that needs to be killed. That's why I always go to the far right channel if no one else does - even though it reduces my total damage done.

Players
26 posts
1,161 battles

Mission requires a rather specific ship loadout - mainly 2 Atlanta's or Flints, KGV (heal and precisions) and Sharnhorst (DPS, armor), and Schors (DPS, Air Panic, Laser guidance :D).

Teams mainly lose 1 CA in first wave because of "forward firing" full torpedo spread (DD-s and CLs fire torps forward if they come from left side) Then they loose 1-2 transport ships due to "manual torp drops that is not panicked by AA consumable" from bot CV and Missoury/Queen Elisabeth ramming. Most of the time 1-2 CL/CA by then are gone too.

Then there is a cheat drop from Clemson and Omaha (3 torp waves to the west entrance to the bay 2 to the east) killing 1-2 transport ships in addition to Aigle and Clemson "forward" drop from the east to west. Also possible a cheat drop from planes through solid ground if you are hugging left wall of middle entrance.

If 1 of 3 ships in small western bay is overlooked it will run out turn west and disappear even before reaching the bottom west exit point

Not to mention overbuffed reload and precision on the 3 CLs in last wave detonating transport ships (you can get from 23xx soldiers to 600 in 2 shots from those bastar.s)

So unless team focus fire, and you are lucky enough to have 2 atlanta's/flints + schors survive first 3 waves, you lose

• Cool 2

[4_0_4]
Players
3,755 posts
10,342 battles
6 hours ago, Lin3 said:

Not that difficult? It can be impossible to win, if you're not divisioned. It all depends what sort of PUG you get.

Yes, it's not that difficult! I got 5 Stars on my first try with the Scharnhorst. Solo, without a division.

As I said, if you have a team camping behind the transports, it's ususally a lost cause. This operation demands aggressivness.

6 hours ago, Lin3 said:

Like the time we had a Yorck AFK the whole battle.

And? As I replayed this OP with a div-mate, we had a fully afk Belfast and a half afk Nagato and still scored 5 stars:

https://replayswows.com/replay/12183#stats

Sign in to follow this