Tyfe

WoWS without the Game Center, how?

8 comments in this topic

[G_OF]
Beta Tester
14 posts

Is it possible to install World of Warships without having to install Wargaming's Game Center as well? If so, how?

Players
5 posts
3,445 battles

I desperately want an answer to this because Game Center is the bane of any hope of playing World of Warships.

For the second time since that worthless programme was forced on me it's wrecked the game and I now need to complete uninstall and do a fresh install.

I played the game since the Open Beta and this NEVER happened before Game Center.

I've uninstalled every other wargaming title. If Game Center remains that way I'll do the same with Warships. I enjoy the game but if I can't play it due to Wargaming forcing Game Center on me, then what's the point of having the game installed?

• Cool 1

Players
587 posts
5,313 battles

I'd also like to know this; am attempting a fresh install, which means I was landed with Game Center, and it keeps on telling me "download speed has dropped to zero".

[BRI_Z]
Players
38 posts
5,066 battles

When you download the installer from the website the new Game Centre version will be called world_of_warships_internet_install_eu however the old installer is called wows_internet_install_eu

I found one of the old installers here for EU: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=09505034811526372466

It works for me but you will have to do a fresh install.

• Cool 3

[WGP2L]
Alpha Tester
132 posts
3,108 battles
On 12/23/2017 at 2:16 PM, RedRye95 said:

When you download the installer from the website the new Game Centre version will be called world_of_warships_internet_install_eu however the old installer is called wows_internet_install_eu

I found one of the old installers here for EU: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=09505034811526372466

You are my hero THANK YOU <3

I swear, one more time WG tries to pull the game center s**t on me, im gonna get really mad...

Players
1 post
149 battles
On 12/23/2017 at 3:16 PM, RedRye95 said:

you are my hero too

• Cool 1

Players
326 posts

I've had the WoWs on it's own since i started 6 months ago and game works fine.

Though when i did try the game launch center it screwed up mouse button control and a few key binding assignments won't work in fact it made a mess of most things on my PC.

After deleting it and reinstalling all was fine again.

The WG launcher is not fit for purpose. 

• Cool 1