Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migulaitor

Very basics of Ranked

22 comments in this topic

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Welp I just played my first 3 games on ranked, the first was a hard carry by our team, the second we got murdered, we third we roflstomped them. Now I will explain why and give some little advices.

First game: Stock chapa on our team (We had 1 radar ship, without radar, they had 2 chapis) Please dont bring stock ships and dont forget your camo, it gives a little advantage. Dont know how we still managed to win. Also enemy had the extra HP skill on a BB (Yes, it was a Tirpitz), please use the free reskill we have now and skill in a proper way.

Second game: Kagero without smoke, he goes into cap, got radared, he repaired the first fire, got 1 more, gg. Also 2 ships went all the way around, we are a fleet, try to stay togheter and close to the caps (German BBs consider you must be on secondaries range)

Third game: Comunication since the beggining, everybody did his job, almost as smooth as a CW. Also enemy CV said it was the first time playing CVs in 3 months, dont do it.

TL;DR:

1) Comunicate, its a team game.

2) Dont bring stock ships.

3) Have a proper commander build. (Free reskill now)

4) Proper consumables.

5) Use camo.

5)Stay togheter.

6) Use ships you control/feel confident playing.

7) Have fun and compliment your teammates if ranked makes you mad take a break.

Any other "Very basic of ranked"?

EDIT: Nerfed rewards again (At least no useless modules) I think they also nerfed the discount on ranked flags. And WG please give us a super league wich is fun to play and rewarding, playing against your team for a container is none of those.

• Cool 5

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles

Good points.

(Ignore them when I'm in the enemy team. Thanks. :Smile-_tongue:)

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,998 battles

The problem is that the ones that need to read these types of topics or watch guides never visit the forum sadly.

On a sidenote, do you still retain a star if you are top XP? If that is the case then one tip is: dont't try to save your star just for the sake of saving. Better to try to push for caps or help out in any way you can. Do not just try to farm a bunch of damage or kills for the sake of keeping a star.

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles
21 minutes ago, Migulaitor said:

Any other "Very basic of ranked"?

How about . . .

'remember it's just a game'

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
[CAIN]
Players
2,706 posts
10,505 battles
9 minutes ago, The_Tyke said:

How about . . .

Applies to random game mode, not to ranked. ^^

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,181 battles
26 minutes ago, The_Tyke said:

How about . . .

Because of 'remember it's just a game' statement - it would be very good if WG put a admission fee of let say 5 milion cred. just to be sure that payers who enter ranked are here for competitve game not just sailing for fun because 'remember it's just a game' - you have co-op and random for that..

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,987 battles
1 hour ago, The_Tyke said:

How about . . .

Yes it is and RAnked is about winning and thats it, so if you want to yolo solo do snipeing and othere BS go play Random Not ranked 

mang

Players
2,870 posts
5,153 battles
1 hour ago, ollonborre said:

The problem is that the ones that need to read these types of topics or watch guides never visit the forum sadly.

Exactly my thoughts. You are talking to the wrong ppl @Migulaitor. Not that I disagree with anything you say or dont appriciate your efford.. its just... yea... special ppl are too special to read the forums or get knowledge from other sources.

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,022 battles

Speaking as a newbie, any Ranked-specific tips (including what people have already provided) are very much appreciated.

I'm going to be out of my depth in Ranked (to the extent that the fish have lights on their heads), but the least I can do is try and minimise the drag on the rest of whichever teams I get.

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,796 battles
46 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Speaking as a newbie, any Ranked-specific tips (including what people have already provided) are very much appreciated.

I'm going to be out of my depth in Ranked (to the extent that the fish have lights on their heads), but the least I can do is try and minimise the drag on the rest of whichever teams I get.

Just expect to learn a lot - it is VERY educational for those with open eyes.

Huge difference in having a team of 7 and not 12, no extra's to carry you when you mess up (which we all do) and more pressure to carry the team yourself when they screw up (which they will do).

My best advice to you, for what it is worth and it has already been stated above would be - choose ships that you feel confident to play in, so your 'feel good' ships. Which does not necessarily mean your most fun ship ;)

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
880 posts
8,142 battles
57 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Stick with the same ship, it helps a lot even if you dont notice at the start.

After 2 or 3 losses in a row, definetely take a cigarette break.

Dont aim for Rank 1 if you are new to the mode, have lesser targets (" I will try and reach R8 this season") so you dont get frustrated during the period and still gain the experience and some rewards.

I am stating these facts also for me to remember, apart from the newer players to learn.

:fish_aqua:

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
1,872 posts
7 hours ago, Migulaitor said:

(...)

You forgot about most important thing.

Always remember to press 'W' key. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,861 posts
20,778 battles
5 hours ago, Verblonde said:

What previous posts have said+

Recommend you to aim for 12-15, but accept that it takes time, you learn a lot. In p.4 by OP about consumables -Read premium of everything and stack flags like Juliet Charle (fun and engaging you know...) and all other suitable combat flags. Remember it is about winning not necessary to do maximum damage if you are in lead keep it, and let enemy attack you from disadvantage,  do not take unnecessary chances when you are ahead.

Many of the best try play hard at the beginning . but if they have played before they start higher, I who were R8 started at R15 now, so you dont have to bother with us at the start. The rewards are fine so at least 15 is considering that very good reward for effort as you could not lose stars in the lowest ranks. 

The first ranks are not so serious so you should do fine, but later seasons there are good to have a few ships with as good captains as possible. Later in the ranks when you lose stars it will be more difficult for you, play as long as it is fun. Remember the further you go the better captains you will face not only skillwise but they are full 19 p captains so they have a advantage over you from start. That is something which you also will reach later.  

Personally I will play Kutuzov/Chappa maybe NC/Alabama. Other alternatives like Kidd I am not good enough in so these I will stick to, I doubt that I reach last years R8.

• Cool 1

[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
798 posts
6,901 battles
7 hours ago, The_Tyke said:

How about . . .

But the salt is very real.

• Funny 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,908 posts
16,257 battles
8 hours ago, Migulaitor said:

(At least no useless modules) I think they also nerfed the discount on ranked flags.

I would like a radar or hydro,  thank you. I think rank flag was -10% and -20% repair cost.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,228 posts
6,322 battles

ye i have been teamkilled twice today in ranked by my dd.

had a chappy as well who we asked to sit savely in between the a and b cap. he just said im not gonna sit there  and he just went full broadide to a cap and got deleted withing seconds.

so manny ppl  just dont understand they are not playing normals and the do not know their ship at all.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,963 posts
5,449 battles

Yep, pretty much it.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
753 posts
4,577 battles

I've though of another things to do

1) switch off your phone

2) shut and lock the door to your room

3) turn off the lights

4) have a toilet break before starting a session (or wear adult nappies)

14 hours ago, lameoll said:

had a chappy as well who we asked to sit savely in between the a and b cap. he just said im not gonna sit there  and he just went full broadide to a cap and got deleted withing seconds.

so manny ppl  just dont understand they are not playing normals and the do not know their ship at all.

But most players should know that you don't show your broadside to the enemy and not expect to be deleted.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,228 posts
6,322 battles
43 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

But most players should know that you don't show your broadside to the enemy and not expect to be deleted.

EVeryone should know that in ranked especialy. in normals when a chappy dies it wont mather that mutch.

but in ranked it is pretty important. and if they think they can spamm he in the open  they have no place in ranked.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,057 posts
7,669 battles
On 22.12.2017 at 3:56 PM, The_Tyke said:

How about . . .

OP's #7 already covers the important aspect of that.

Sign in to follow this