Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PseudoMi

Best CA for 8th Ranked Season

16 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,417 battles

We have French CAs now, a slight nerf shooting from smoke and a slight buff with faster fire extinction.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,072 posts
3,825 battles

Did you really just open 4 topics with the same theme? Why?

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
2,690 posts
9,853 battles

Kutuzov holds up pretty well, I'm going to make it my main tool of getting up the ranks. Easy HiCals here I come.

The presence of DDs makes it a bit awkward to use the smoke though, so any Kutuzov player should focus on killing DDs first.

And between the smokes the Kutuzov should hide in cover, because it can't really tank damage.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,873 posts
11,299 battles

Flamu feels Atago is only a meh choice, I got my first Rank 1 with her. But she doesn't tolerate fools or noobs as the low DPM of the guns means you better as hell not miss whatever you shoot at! The concealment and torps means you can almost be a DD stand in when yours are all dead. 

I won't be using her this season even if getting her to 19 points (I'm at 18) would be the right thing to do...

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,026 posts

I've played a few games in Chapayev, has decent utility with radar, lousy armour of course, but stands a chance if there's a poxy CV and the green team CV player is an utter muppet. 

It goes a little way towards reducing the impact of the excessively dominant class (/me dons the fire retardant suit for when the CV apologists wheel out their weak arguments about how easy they are to shut down in a random of 7). 

[WGP2W]
Players
309 posts
5,952 battles

Casting my vote for radar Edinburgh.

Compared with the Chappy: Less squishy, handles a lot better, better concealment, longer duration radar, super heal.

• Cool 1

Players
402 posts
5,829 battles
On 23/12/2017 at 4:00 AM, Negativvv said:

Flamu feels Atago is only a meh choice, I got my first Rank 1 with her. But she doesn't tolerate fools or noobs as the low DPM of the guns means you better as hell not miss whatever you shoot at! The concealment and torps means you can almost be a DD stand in when yours are all dead. 

I won't be using her this season even if getting her to 19 points (I'm at 18) would be the right thing to do...

It is so good at assassinating isolated BBs. I have IFHE as I use the captain in my Harekaze as well and it just slaughters US BBs. That said there are so many potatoes that this is getting old. I make no claims to be particularly good - and I'm playing from Australia with a ping of 178 - but if all the people on my team weren't potatoes in nearly every game, that would be great.

7BD641E6E806A098C6A57444A491EA384A5DC071

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles

Chapa.

Park behind island near cap cap, radar underage boats, watch your team fail to prevent the enemy bbs from rushing you, actually get to use your 4km torps, die, hopefully win because you burned 2 bbs and killed a dd for a total of 90k damage, but oh wait every poptard on your team is playing german bbs and attempting to snipe. ..  comrade.

• Funny 2

[WONLY]
Players
186 posts

Chapa > CM/Takao/Atago > Edinburgh > Kutusov > NO > Mogami > Hipper

Chapa has to be played very carefully but it has the biggest impact on the game. If you can manage to get in the right position the radar and the dpm can easily carry the team to victory.

CM/Takao/Atago are very strong when used as flanking ships. Especially on Neighbors and Trident.

Edinburgh should be played with radar. But without smoke it's very team-dependant. 

Kutusov...sit back and farm BBs. You'll have little influence on the game at all but it's pretty easy to keep the star.

NO...just not good. I've barely seen one in higher ranks.

Mogami has brutal dpm and nice stealth but most games have 2-3BBs so you get rekt pretty fast if you make one mistake. Low shell velocity makes it hard to kill DDs >10km.

Hipper. Jesus, why do people bring this one to ranked? 

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,417 battles
On 05/01/2018 at 11:36 PM, Marble_Eyes said:

Kutusov...sit back and farm BBs. You'll have little influence on the game at all but it's pretty easy to keep the star.

Exactly my feelings from R10-R5. The classic scenario of a full health Kutuzov remaining alone while his team has been wiped out, his large damage number allowing to keep the star. Kutuzov would be the ideal CA to rank out, no matter what (with your teammates) and honestly, I don't see anyone hesitating in such situation.

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,417 battles

My point of view and feelings are as BB captain.

Maybe DD captains will consider Radar CAs as most dangerous things.

However, for me, I ended up actual Ranked season (highest three ranks) with the feeling that there was no bigger CA threat (for me) than ... Atago !

That thing torp like a DD or even better (that torp range!), light up fires like nobody else and its agility and armor make it the hardest to hit with BB guns. Atago will drain enemy fire better than BBs and better than anything ! Plus that heal !! when it can disengage to heal so easily !

Otherwise, as BB captain again, I felt such a brutal difference in damage taken between IFHE CAs and non-IFHE CAs !

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
4,316 battles
On 5.1.2018 at 11:36 PM, Marble_Eyes said:

Hipper. Jesus, why do people bring this one to ranked? 

Quite simple. You avoid having to fight T10 ships that way. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[NKK2]
Beta Tester
599 posts
5,797 battles

The best cruiser is... a DD. Seriously, whenever I play with a cruiser, or even a Battleship, I'm just there for the show. I feel like I have no power in the outcome of the match, at all. 

However, if I play a good DD (mostly, the harekaze, but the Benson, Kidd or Lo Yang are also pretty good) I know I am in control, I can cap, I can kill enemy dds, I can negate a cap to the enemy team, I can have the enemy team spotted. And you know, if you win the DD war, the game is almost always won, unless your teammates are all potatoes.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,417 battles

My subjective feelings were that in this T8 season, at least in the last ranks, CAs had a stronger impact on the game, competing with DDs, than during the last T6 season where CAs were almost extinct in last ranks.

But maybe it's just the sequel of the burnings I had to endure from CAs as BB driver.

Sign in to follow this