Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PseudoMi

Best BB for 8th Ranked Season

40 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,417 battles

I remember how last ranked edition almost nobody placed his bet on Fuso, and it proved to be the best one.

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,260 posts
7,954 battles

NC...shoots down spotter/fighter/cv planes, is accurate, can tank and hold objectives, can lob shells over obstacles, can equip spotter planes to counter smoke.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,072 posts
3,825 battles

Did you really just open 4 topics with the same theme? Why?

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
11 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Did you really just open 4 topics with the same theme? Why?

it is forum bug. sometimes when you write topic/post, it doesnt register that you posted and if you click post few more times it creates new post/thread each time you click post...

only noticed class in topic of thread.. thought it was duplicate, but it is just OP that is...

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,072 posts
3,825 battles
Just now, robihr said:

it is forum bug. sometimes when you write topic/post, it doesnt register that you posted and if you click post few more times it creates new post/thread each time you click post...

No it's not he made 4 topics where he just changed the ship class (BB, CA, CV, DD). What a filthy spammer :(

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
2 minutes ago, Blixies said:

No it's not he made 4 topics where he just changed the ship class (BB, CA, CV, DD). What a filthy spammer :(

you managed to post before i finished editing post... :Smile_Default:

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,035 battles

What do people think of Tirpitz for Ranked? Do ranked games tend to involve lots of lobbing of shells from the far corners of the maps? If so, then maybe not, but otherwise...?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,873 posts
11,299 battles

None, BBs are just big fat victims in Ranked. Let others play them unless you like being a passenger.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,417 battles

My only concern with Tirpitz is that you are priority food for any CV captain who could join the game. No matter what you do, staying with cruisers etc. he will be there waiting for you to make the wrong move then farm you.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,873 posts
11,299 battles
21 minutes ago, PseudoMi said:

My only concern with Tirpitz is that you are priority food for any CV captain who could join the game. No matter what you do, staying with cruisers etc. he will be there waiting for you to make the wrong move then farm you.

I tried with a Bismarck the last time Ranked was T8, Gneisi and Scharn when T7, along with Warspite and Fuso when it was T6. Every BB has the same issue. In that to be effective you have to get close, close enough to get torped and risk taking massive damage. Sitting at the back is a failure unless u want to camp for no star loss (which plenty do but that is negative and those players do not deserve stars). 

Even when you do get close, BBs have a relatively slow reload and are very sluggish. You simply need others to spot and successfully screen you. 

I know of ppl who've ranked out with BBs and they're likely better players than me! I just get sick of losing games because the most vital role is messed up by other players so I took things into my own hands by learning how to play DDs properly. 

Players
1,472 posts
5,740 battles
On 22.12.2017 at 5:55 PM, Negativvv said:

[...]

Even when you do get close, BBs have a relatively slow reload and are very sluggish. You simply need others to spot and successfully screen you. 

[...]

I hate that too but because the fact that Bismarck is my only unlocked Tier VIII... As long as Wargaming dosn't change the things that made the game degenerate to WoT 2.0 . carry my fat [edited]!

When I started to play the game a year ago, the first thing I learned: "If you stay still, you die." Now a days I have to do the same lame thing Cruisers do but atleast I can outrange them most of the time.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,873 posts
11,299 battles
39 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

I hate that too but because the fact that Bismarck is my only unlocked Tier VIII... As long as Wargaming dosn't change the things that made the game degenerate to WoT 2.0 . carry my fat [edited]!

When I started to play the game a year ago, the first thing I learned: "If you stay still, you die." Now a days I have to do the same lame thing Cruisers do but atleast I can outrange them most of the time.

For me the sluggishness of BBs make them extremely difficult to play in Ranked. In some ways DDs are the easiest as long as you are not suicidal as you can actually react to stuff and slip into concealment easily. A BB is often dead way before the player even knows it or they know it and there's nothing they can do about it.

Players
1,472 posts
5,740 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

For me the sluggishness of BBs make them extremely difficult to play in Ranked. In some ways DDs are the easiest as long as you are not suicidal as you can actually react to stuff and slip into concealment easily. A BB is often dead way before the player even knows it or they know it and there's nothing they can do about it.

With "they", do you mean the BB driver or the devs? Because if you mean the devs... There are ways to "rebalance" but well, most $$$ must at the moment come from Cruisers and Destroyers and I know that whatever you do as a dev, at least one party always "gonna quai".

To prevent any "Mimimi":

I never ever understood why I as a Battleship are expected to shoot at rangers of 20km or more without any aim assist while and Torpedos in general still have aim assist?

I also never understood why I as a Battleship who shoots every ~25sec+ have a much worse sigma than someone who can up to every 4sec shoot 4-5 or more shells in my face or other parts?

(I know that ship stats are based on iRL stats but isn't WoWs an arcade game? You can't have both in my humble opinion)

And thats only 2 points that are still a book with 7 seals to me.

Beta Tester
2,067 posts
8,198 battles
2 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

I never ever understood why I as a Battleship are expected to shoot at rangers of 20km or more without any aim assist while and Torpedos in general still have aim assist?

I also never understood why I as a Battleship who shoots every ~25sec+ have a much worse sigma than someone who can up to every 4sec shoot 4-5 or more shells in my face or other parts?

1. You have plenty of aim assist. 

Not only does it always display the time your shells will need to hit the target, so you can give the right lead. You also get lots of invisible help to hit the target that you locked on. 

... oh and you are actually not supposed to shoot from 20km ...

2. Cruisers are meant to counter smaller ships, so they should be more accurate. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
880 posts
8,142 battles
6 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

most $$$ must at the moment come from Cruisers and Destroyers

That is not true at all,  I think WG is making much more money from players that buy Premium Battleships (there are really a lot of them compared to cruisers and DDs) or convert xp to grind to higher tier BBs.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,967 posts
5,449 battles

Amagi, NC, Alabama, Roma (when she's out)

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,417 battles

If Roma will be like Giulio Cesare she will have T9 level of performance, becoming the must have ship for this ranked season. 

[NWP]
Players
880 posts
8,142 battles
Just now, PseudoMi said:

If Roma will be like Giulio Cesare she will have T9 level of performance, becoming the must have ship for this ranked season. 

Indeed, and I think in yesterday's stream Flamu said it is not a WorkInProgress anymore, so she must be near.

[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles
On 24.12.2017 at 1:48 AM, Mandalorianer said:

With "they", do you mean the BB driver or the devs? Because if you mean the devs... There are ways to "rebalance" but well, most $$$ must at the moment come from Cruisers and Destroyers and I know that whatever you do as a dev, at least one party always "gonna quai".

To prevent any "Mimimi":

(I know that ship stats are based on iRL stats but isn't WoWs an arcade game? You can't have both in my humble opinion)

And thats only 2 points that are still a book with 7 seals to me.

Shells travel to a target usually in like a few to up to maybe 20 seconds (which would be some extreme combination of shell drag and range, like maybe on the Cleveland). Torpedos at the same ranges will take longer. Most people can shoot a gun at any decent range and score at least some hits or straddles of RNG is acting up, but throwing torpedos without aim indicator is pretty hard without a lot of exxperience with torpedos already. That's why there exists an aim assist for torpedos, but not for guns, beyond the stated shell travel time and the lock onto target that keeps your guns correcting for ship movement of both the target and you.

As to battleships having worse accuracy, well, destroyers and cruisers have slightly better accuracy, but not by a lot and mostly they feel more accurate because battleships are easier to hit. In terms of realism, it is more accurate, in terms of balance, it is necessary, because unlike BB guns, DD and cruiser guns are far less devastating. I'm not sure anyone ever got a devastating strike with a DD when using its main guns and not scoring a detonation.

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,417 battles
2 hours ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Will get Roma, but probably stick to USN superheavy shells for Ranked. 

NC or Bama ?

Beta Tester
2,067 posts
8,198 battles
19 minutes ago, PseudoMi said:

NC or Bama ?

Have no NC, but Bamas maneuverability and torpedo protection fit my style better anyway. 

With the smoke nerf I am actually enjoying BB in Ranked, because you can be more aggressive. Bama is perfect for that. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,188 posts
7,110 battles

I'm having good times with the Amagi in ranked, thanks to maneuvrability, troll armor and the reliable guns. Also, if BB meta in higher ranks displaces to bow-on playstyle, then maybe the Monarch would be interesting: also bow on and being able to out-DPM enemies with HE :cap_hmm:

Sign in to follow this