Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

New Detection Smybol

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,069 posts
8,198 battles

So apparently we have a new Detection symbol now.

When radared, you will get the "spotted" symbol with a triangle around it.

That is not a bad change, but really WG, couldn't you communicate that properly in the patch notes ?!

Imagine my surprise in Ranked, when I didn't know if I was radared or hardspotted.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,881 posts
11,299 battles

Yeah I noticed that, not the best change although it's usually fairly easy to guess if hydro or radar has you. 

Still confused me at first too!

Beta Tester
2,069 posts
8,198 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

Yeah I noticed that, not the best change although it's usually fairly easy to guess if hydro or radar has you. 

Still confused me at first too!

Yeah I just got caught in a very unlucky situation, where I needed to know if I was hardspotted. 

And the symbol itself doesn't look like Radar/Hydro, unlike the past one... 

You just have to know about the triangle. 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,385 battles

1st I as a BB / CV saw it in some guys post, thought it's from some mod, then got that myself in my Baguette-6 and got really confused...

Not a single word about it in patchnotes, great way to let people know that it's going to be changed :fish_palm:

@MrConway@Tuccy@Crysantos@Sub_Octavian

While I can understand "shadow changes" for something like MM, can we please at least get a heads up in the patchnotes for something like this that actually affects the match itself?

• Cool 1

Players
1,202 posts
4,944 battles

Seen this on Reddit and Sub-Octavian said it's an old legacy sign and that it's a mistake and it'll be removed,

[_MIA_]
Players
2,913 posts
5,350 battles

Ye i hate that... hope they really change it back. For a good player its vital to know what is spotting u. I was totaly confused the first time, but then i realized its the bismarck hydro.

Players
2,875 posts
5,156 battles
3 hours ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

That is not a bad change, but really WG, couldn't you communicate that properly in the patch notes ?!

Imagine my surprise in Ranked, when I didn't know if I was radared or hardspotted.

Exactly this. I was like WTF is going on now! Just bad... very bad.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,335 posts
12,570 battles
40 minutes ago, Profilus said:

Huh?

It does not show if you are radar'd or not. So its much harder to know if a cruiser/BB have used its radar or not. Which makes it even harder to DD. 

Beta Tester
2,069 posts
8,198 battles
12 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

It does not show if you are radar'd or not. So its much harder to know if a cruiser/BB have used its radar or not. Which makes it even harder to DD. 

As I said, you can see it because with Radar/Hydro it has a Triangle. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,335 posts
12,570 battles
7 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

As I said, you can see it because with Radar/Hydro it has a Triangle. 

Ah. Ok. Then it's ok. I have not played much since the new patch. Just tested a few games. 

Players
2,675 posts
12,104 battles
3 hours ago, IanH755 said:

Seen this on Reddit and Sub-Octavian said it's an old legacy sign and that it's a mistake and it'll be removed,

...and obviously something which could not have been picked up in testing before release.

Oh no.

(/sarcasm)

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,875 posts
2,152 battles
6 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

1st I as a BB / CV saw it in some guys post, thought it's from some mod, then got that myself in my Baguette-6 and got really confused...

Not a single word about it in patchnotes, great way to let people know that it's going to be changed :fish_palm:

@MrConway@Tuccy@Crysantos@Sub_Octavian

While I can understand "shadow changes" for something like MM, can we please at least get a heads up in the patchnotes for something like this that actually affects the match itself?

And there I was yesterday thinking I'd gone crazy :Smile_hiding:

It does however seem to be an error which is why it was not in the patchnotes, our apologies.

Players
1,202 posts
4,944 battles

@MrConway - You & @Sub_Octavian really need to talk to each other as you are saying it should be in the patch notes i.e. it's correct, yet Sub on reddit is posting it's a mistake and shouldn't be part of the patch - So who is correct as right now it looks like it's back to the bad old days of "EU miscommunication"?

Reddit -

[SV3]
Players
2 posts
10,440 battles

Ok, now I now why I getting detected but not in detection range... Didn't understand why, started to suspect some change in the game, thanks now I know.

Come one WG, I always read the patch not looking for info like this, but I guess it was more important to tell about how the disable the horn sound... really????

Sign in to follow this