You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

27 comments in this topic

Players
57 posts
1,467 battles

Hello everybody,

I have been researching Dutch warships and ship-designs in an attempt to construct a Dutch tech tree viable for World of Warships. I'm quite confident about my results so I would like to share it with you and ask you for your opinion and feedback. I haven't just listed the ships. I have given each ship a page describing their history, characteristics and possible game play. Now you don't just see what ship I picked at what tier but also why. The following link should take you to the document in which i made my tech tree: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3q16orzpz8e3l2/Dutch tech tree 2.01.pdf?dl=0

If you have any questions, please ask me, and feel free to share this with others. 

This is the old Dutch tech tree I made, I have made an improved tech tree here: 

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/100513-dutch-tech-tree/

Edited by EwoudK
  • Cool 7

Players
23 posts
1,802 battles

can't see it either, as a huge nationalist however I would do anything to get a dutch tech tree. Some premium ships would be a good start though, and in a real tech tree not in some other countries tech tree (I am looking at you T-61)

Players
57 posts
1,467 battles
22 hours ago, tijmen10 said:

can't see it either, as a huge nationalist however I would do anything to get a dutch tech tree. Some premium ships would be a good start though, and in a real tech tree not in some other countries tech tree (I am looking at you T-61)

The new method should work

Players
23 posts
1,802 battles

I like it, especially the cruisers. They could even actually let you go from cruiser to battleships at higher tiers like after tier 8 like they do in wot with light to *medium. 

Edited by tijmen10
confused wot with wow

Players
57 posts
1,467 battles
1 hour ago, tijmen10 said:

I like it, especially the cruisers. They could even actually let you go from cruiser to battleships at higher tiers like after tier 8 like they do in wot with light to cruiser. 

I think you mean from battleship to cruisers? Like from the tier 7 project 1047 battlecruiser to the project 1047 armoured cruiser at tier 8? That would actually be a very good idea in my opinion. The alternative of making all the battleships premium-ships seems a bit ridiculous to me. Great idea.

[NED]
Players
4,002 posts
10,835 battles

Didn't study your full tree. I'm heavily advocating for the presence of a Dutch ship in wows for ages. I tempt to agree an entire line would be too much. But if WG can make a "Pan Asian" line. Why not a "Pan European" one? There are more nations which rightfully deserve a place in this game and yet an entire line would be over the top (Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish, Greek, Polish and Dutch. Just to name a few). It's beyond me why WG is still ignoring that part of the player base.

Players
57 posts
1,467 battles
10 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

Didn't study your full tree. I'm heavily advocating for the presence of a Dutch ship in wows for ages. I tempt to agree an entire line would be too much. But if WG can make a "Pan Asian" line. Why not a "Pan European" one? There are more nations which rightfully deserve a place in this game and yet an entire line would be over the top (Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish, Greek, Polish and Dutch. Just to name a few). It's beyond me why WG is still ignoring that part of the player base.

Why shouldn't this tech tree work? The destroyer line only has 1 "paper-ship". And all but the last 3 of the cruisers existed in real life. This makes the Dutch tech tree just as good as the Swedish tech tree in world of tanks, if not better. The battleships are a nice bonus. 

Players
23 posts
1,802 battles

Doesn't really matter in my opinion if you only have a nation with 1 or 2 lines, the polish tech tree consists of only 1 ship for example.

And yes that's exactly what I mean, lightly armored cruisers to heavy and visa versa. Or start with some light cruisers, go to heavy cruisers and end with battleships for example. And then of course not in 1 line but you split it up somewhere so the next researchable ship will be a battleship if you know what I mean. Check the world of tanks tech trees, you will see what I mean with the Russian tanks.

Players
57 posts
1,467 battles
45 minutes ago, tijmen10 said:

Doesn't really matter in my opinion if you only have a nation with 1 or 2 lines, the polish tech tree consists of only 1 ship for example.

And yes that's exactly what I mean, lightly armored cruisers to heavy and visa versa. Or start with some light cruisers, go to heavy cruisers and end with battleships for example. And then of course not in 1 line but you split it up somewhere so the next researchable ship will be a battleship if you know what I mean. Check the world of tanks tech trees, you will see what I mean with the Russian tanks.

In my tech tree I have a full destroyer-line, a full cruiser line and a partial battleship line. I think Wargaming will just use the standard "line-splitting" layout. So you can research the tier 2 cruiser and destroyer from the tier 1 ship and you can research the tier 3 battleship and tier 4 cruiser from the tier 3 cruiser. Just like all other tech trees currently in game. What I think Wargaming might add is the option to research the tier 8 cruiser from the tier 7 battleship. Since the battleship-line ends at tier 7 and the tier 8, 9 and 10 cruisers are all part of project 1047, just like the tier 7 battleship. 

Players
23 posts
1,802 battles
15 minutes ago, EwoudK said:

...What I think Wargaming might add is the option to research the tier 8 cruiser from the tier 7 battleship. Since the battleship-line ends at tier 7 and the tier 8, 9 and 10 cruisers are all part of project 1047, just like the tier 7 battleship. 

That's what I mean, yes

Players
20 posts

This is pretty good stuff!

The dutch have a very long history in a navy. Almost as long as the british. The dutch deserve a place in WoWs. The dutch cruisers were some of the best of the world in their time. 

[-LD-]
Players
4 posts
1,845 battles

I thought this might be a nice place to show these to give a an extra view of some dutch ships, these are all drawings made by a great uncle of mine around 1938 of some Dutch ships in the harbor where he worked, they are based on initial design schematics like the Isaac Sweers and completed ships he saw in the harbor.

ships are:
- HNLMS Isaac Sweers (destroyer)

5a703ec24327c_IsaacSweers.thumb.jpg.db959125047e8acad497341b97017d45.jpg

- HNLMS Tromp (Light Cruiser)

Tromp.thumb.jpg.fe8d75da175dc1d06de48271f5d80b41.jpg

- HNLMS van Kinsbergen (Sloop, possible T1)

5a703ec92b1b1_vanKinsbergen.thumb.jpg.3f8f538683a9fd8a8d65677eabfa01b1.jpg

- HNLMS Willem van der Zaan (minelayer, possible T1)

5a703ebfda0d1_WillemvanderZaan.thumb.jpg.a10a95968d58edc96f42530410bcf586.jpg

- HNLMS Johan Maurits van Nassau (Gunboat, possible T1)
5a703ec4bfcff_JohanMauritsvanNassau.thumb.jpg.460f3029a321f24cdad992cd53f56a8f.jpg

• Cool 2

[MACLD]
Players
64 posts
6,094 battles

Nicely done, just checking stats and things. I think you can forget the BB-line too old and paper ships maybe an premium for the 1913 one who almost was build.

Checking the archive of the Dutch marine an complete DD line is possible the fun T2 ending with the friesland class of 1950 on T10 those autocannons would be fun.

The cruiser line would be shorter but the only armorer gun cruiser (which is just out of service could be on t10 but the most cruisers have different versions which could be an nice thing for WoWS to twink with. So you have an german, Dutch and an english version.

an thing for the Dutch would be AA and accurate or rapid gun fire (short time) consumption

Players
57 posts
1,467 battles

Don't forget to check out my new tech tree if you liked this old one:

• Cool 2

[_XII_]
Players
254 posts
2,284 battles

With Dutch (in text and speak) coming to WOWs. A Dutch ship  comes really close. It actually tells me that we will see a Dutch premium this year.

WoWs Wiki Team
462 posts
7,892 battles
8 minutes ago, FooFaFie said:

With Dutch (in text and speak) coming to WOWs. A Dutch ship  comes really close. It actually tells me that we will see a Dutch premium this year.

At least they "teased" a new tree "Pan-Europe" with at least one dutch ship at Gamescom...

Players
1,346 posts
6,114 battles

It will 100% happen chaps and honestly hope it does soon (from a non Dutch).

I would also have a Norwegian Ship in WOWS too at this point.

Finish the Italian BB line, bring out RN CV's with rework THEN look at bring out some dutch and Norway ships.

• Cool 1

[_XII_]
Players
254 posts
2,284 battles
12 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

At least they "teased" a new tree "Pan-Europe" with at least one dutch ship at Gamescom...

True. But it's near impossible that we will see a PAN-EUR tree this year.

But I wouldn't be surprised that with the next patch they will add a Dutch ship to the game folders for testing. Why else would they add a Dutch captain all of a sudden? Otherwise adding Dutch before Spanish doesn't  make any sense? Spanish is 1 of the most common language in the the world.

WoWs Wiki Team
462 posts
7,892 battles
12 minutes ago, FooFaFie said:

True. But it's near impossible that we will see a PAN-EUR tree this year.

But I wouldn't be surprised that with the next patch they will add a Dutch ship to the game folders for testing. Why else would they add a Dutch captain all of a sudden? Otherwise adding Dutch before Spanish doesn't  make any sense? Spanish is 1 of the most common language in the the world.

There is no ship announced in Dev-Blog (yet), so we have to wait...

Which "dutch" commander are you referring to? Didn't see any portrait with unpacker (yet).

[_XII_]
Players
254 posts
2,284 battles
53 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

There is no ship announced in Dev-Blog (yet), so we have to wait...

Which "dutch" commander are you referring to? Didn't see any portrait with unpacker (yet).

I was talking about the dutch commands. The sound bites.

[ZEN]
Players
104 posts
16,244 battles

Very interesting initiative, EwoudK ! I applaud your work and suggestions made. 

Given the historical value, I'd put De Ruyter at the highest priority. 

Btw recently, I posted photo's of a (large!) model of Hr. Ms. De Ruyter here : 

@Rkthegreat : great to see those highly detailed sketches, impressive!! 

Would be sooo cool to also see those ships in World of Warships in future. 

With the advent of Royal Navy aircraft carriers, it could also be practical (and perhaps even comparatively easy) to add Hr. Ms. Karel Doorman to the Pan European tree, as she was in fact also a British-built CV by origin (Colossus-class, HMS Venerable) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HNLMS_Karel_Doorman_(R81) 

Alternately, if this lone CV would not fit into the Pan European tree, it could also be added to the Pan American one, where it could stand beside Nueve de Julio, as this CV was, in the end, sold to the navy of Argentina. 

[ZEN]
Players
104 posts
16,244 battles
37 minutes ago, FooFaFie said:

I was talking about the dutch commands. The sound bites.

Wait... do we now have Dutch language as a sound option in the game?!

(or is that by means of mods -- which I never use -- only?) 

[_XII_]
Players
254 posts
2,284 battles
11 minutes ago, Midway67 said:

Wait... do we now have Dutch language as a sound option in the game?!

(or is that by means of mods -- which I never use -- only?) 

Yup. On the test server at least. All the texts are in dutch. All the sound bite commands are in Dutch. Not with mods but official in the game. So prepare when 0.7.10 comes alive there's gonna be Dutch (?)( I didn't find any big problems. Only some lines/words were still in English. Everything worked fine).

So be prepared. Some enemies will come out of the 'Vuil'. Or play the scenario 'Zonnestraal in de duisternis' (or something like that). Or get your commands/wishes from players in Dutch.