Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BlackYeti

Narai

28 comments in this topic

[BABBY]
Players
240 posts
5,830 battles

My first impressions on Narai are very positive. The enemy spawns are random but not frustratingly chaotic like in Ultimate Frontier, they don't catch you with your pants down because you are on the opposite side of the map. Most of my games yesterday ended with wins except one defeat where we had 2 Akatsukis in team and not enough firepower to stop DDs from torping Libertys. At the end only the lead ship was still alive and with not enough troops on the ground the operation ended in a defeat when time ran out. One enemy transport escaped so we couldn't get the "kill all ships" objective to win...

PROS

-fast paced, lots of targets to shoot at

-random spawns but entertaining and not overwhelmingly difficult

-lots of planes and thus rewarding for AA-specced ships

-good cover for cruisers

-repair ship somehow finally doesn't feel like a noobtrap

CONS

-as with all other operations so far, destroyers are a sub-par choice and substantially hurt your win chance

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Players
240 posts
5,830 battles
1 hour ago, Salentine said:

far too easy...

Well it's kinda supposed to, so far we only have "normal" difficulty in the game. This mode should be tailored to the casual PvE crowd whose skill level...leaves a bit to be desired. In a few weeks when only the PvE players play this, the difficulty should be just right.

It is a pity we don't have a hard mode for operations yet as it would provide some perspective. I think it is not appropriate to ask for more challenge before the hard mode is introduced

Players
26 posts
1,161 battles

Suure... this poc bulls... is so horribly unbalanced, good luck winning it in randoms. All the bot ships are buffed above their specs, precision, prediction, turret rotation, reload all beyond in game ship specs.

Shell and AA dps + armor required for tanking is too high by 20 - 25% - it seems a specific lineup of ships is required to win.

Random players are expected to have full cooperation and above 80% hit percentage,

Last wave Fiji shells penetrate angled BBs for 2-3k dmg, Chapayev reloads in 5.8 sec, Atlanta in 4.3- 4.4s which is below it's theoretical minimum of 4.5s

[MDF]
Beta Tester
149 posts
9,100 battles

well i have to support salentine it is very Easy. we played it Two times with Clan members 1 Time with 6 and a random Atlanta which went afk midgame, the second time we where 7 but didn't wait for someone in an Atlanta, who went Smoking and started without hin, laughing at him when he returned and got nothing Left to Shoot at. both times our Masterplan was to press w towards j10 and Shoot at everything red.

5 Stars without any problems. the Game even needs to wait few seconds for the 1100 troops to land  because we already killed all Ships. we didn't need the repair ship we pushed without any Tactics involved. in last Frontier you had at least to think where you went next. narai is just a shooting galery, Fun but no Skill involved 

Players
877 posts
11,126 battles

Pretty much. I remember going into an earlier, yet-unbalanced scenario with Chunder's band of brothers if I recall correctly, and my game froze up horribly.

They, of course, did 5 stars without much trouble while me being out of the game for it's entire duration. "Too easy." :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,260 posts
7,943 battles

So easy :Smile_trollface:

shot-17.12.22_01.15.11-0142.jpg

shot-17.12.22_01.01.47-0121.jpg

But yeah, good way to farm tons of fxp. Sometimes the bots even ignore the last surviving ship, making it virtually impossible to lose.

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,561 posts
9,093 battles
27 minutes ago, Gvozdeni_Puk_1912 said:

Well you said it - 6 or 7 clan members with good coordination and TS3. Try it with 6 randoms

Perhaps you need to take a good long look at yourself if you're having trouble winning this scenario with randoms?

It's one of the simplest, and easiest. Especially if you start using the Gneisenau or Scharnhorst.

[MDF]
Beta Tester
149 posts
9,100 battles
43 minutes ago, Gvozdeni_Puk_1912 said:

Well you said it - 6 or 7 clan members with good coordination and TS3. Try it with 6 randoms

you missed my Point. we didn't had  ANY Coordination. we just sailed forwards trying to shoot faster and kill the most. we torped and rammed each other for the lulz. both Games we missed a Player 5 Stars without ANY Trouble! in last Frontier we needed to coordinate. in narai  everybody just went forward shooting what ever was in front of their Guns, Celebrating when Another clanmember raged if you killed his Target 1 ms before his salvo landed. 

tldr Narai is too easy and you need 6 Players without Coordination to win 5 Stars 

Players
26 posts
1,161 battles
26 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Perhaps you need to take a good long look at yourself if you're having trouble winning this scenario with randoms?

It's one of the simplest, and easiest. Especially if you start using the Gneisenau or Scharnhorst.

Basically this looks like l2p post, and no constructive comment - so for your info - yes I'm at best mediocre player, with 51%+, also do not have time from my RealLife(tm) for too much grind.

Therefore I accept your mastery as premise. However, after 15 battles (2 five stars) where I was top player in each, with dmg over 170k, always last on team fighting the last wave..I have to respectfully disagree - since I regularly top the list and 5 star all other operations - this is not the easiest by far

4 minutes ago, _Kettenbeisser said:

you missed my Point. we didn't had  ANY Coordination. we just sailed forwards trying to shoot faster and kill the most. we torped and rammed each other for the lulz. both Games we missed a Player 5 Stars without ANY Trouble! in last Frontier we needed to coordinate. in narai  everybody just went forward shooting what ever was in front of their Guns, Celebrating when Another clanmember raged if you killed his Target 1 ms before his salvo landed. 

tldr Narai is too easy and you need 6 Players without Coordination to win 5 Stars 

Funny though, while i fully believe you did not have specific coordination, you train and play as a clan, and as I see your clan is rather good - so yes the 60%+ clan should own every op even if half joking. However untrained randoms are far cry from a trained clan

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,561 posts
9,093 battles
3 minutes ago, Gvozdeni_Puk_1912 said:

Basically this looks like l2p post, and no constructive comment - so for your info - yes I'm at best mediocre player, with 51%+, also do not have time from my RealLife(tm) for too much grind.

Therefore I accept your mastery as premise. However, after 15 battles (2 five stars) where I was top player in each, with dmg over 170k, always last on team fighting the last wave..I have to respectfully disagree - since I regularly top the list and 5 star all other operations - this is not the easiest by far

It is a L2P comment, but it's constructive.
You can't keep blaming bots and you team when the mission is as simple as "sail forward, kill red stuff"

Don't take this the wrong way, because it's completely allowed to not be the best player, or even be a bad one, but you're not very good at the game.
And again, that's ok.

If you're having trouble with this scenario, I urge you to look at what you're doing, ask yourself why you're always the last player alive, what you could be doing better.
If you genuinely believe 100% that you're optimal, and you are indeed averaging 170k damage top of the team all day every day, I'll severely doubt it, but alright, you're golden.
What's more probable is that you tend to stay back and let your team do the taking while you rake up damage, articifially boosting your score as you're the last person alive and still doing damage, making you think you're the best player on the team.

Chances are, you're not. 
Sorry to say this, but you're not. Again, that's ok. It means you can improve if you so wish it.
I urge you to play once more, then take note of where you are on the map in relation to your team and to the objectives.

Players
26 posts
1,161 battles
4 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

You can't keep blaming bots and you team when the mission is as simple as "sail forward, kill red stuff"

Don't take this the wrong way, because it's completely allowed to not be the best player, or even be a bad one, but you're not very good at the game.
And again, that's ok.

If you're having trouble with this scenario, I urge you to look at what you're doing, ask yourself why you're always the last player alive, what you could be doing better.
If you genuinely believe 100% that you're optimal, and you are indeed averaging 170k damage top of the team all day every day, I'll severely doubt it, but alright, you're golden.
What's more probable is that you tend to stay back and let your team do the taking while you rake up damage, articifially boosting your score as you're the last person alive and still doing damage, making you think you're the best player on the team.

Chances are, you're not. 
Sorry to say this, but you're not. Again, that's ok. It means you can improve if you so wish it.
I urge you to play once more, then take note of where you are on the map in relation to your team and to the objectives.

Thank you for your comments. I definitely do not think with 850+ games that I'm even close to competent, let alone optimal or good. However your pre-supposition is that I'm bad, hiding behind team and farm damage at the end of the game. Could be that you are playing only BBs and yes in that regard playing KGV or even Gneis/Sharn at the front is totally feasible if you have sufficent AA and anti DD support. However with the level of aimbot and buffed reload on the bots in this scenario, having 7kills (not transports)/ 170k in Schors/Algieres/Maas does not mean suicide rushing, as one could get melted specially in the last wave. So please let me know what your idea for those ships would be (I already got 5 stars for Gneis/Sharn)?

Still standing by the comment that the operation was made with specific ship roster in dev mind

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,260 posts
7,943 battles

This just happened...this team gave me the terminal disease of your choice

shot-17.12.22_13.01.47-0665.jpg

fml, they did literally nothing

• Funny 1

Players
1,201 posts
4,944 battles

Picking the right ship with a high enough DPS certainly helps out massively. When this was on the PTS where only Silver ships were allowed this was "fairly" difficult with only Schors/Yorck etc but now it's live and you can use premiums I've now no issue carrying a whole team, especially in the Atlanta.

So even if the rest of your team potatos, *if* you have a high DPS premium you can still pull off a 5 star win like this one -

wows399.jpg

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,260 posts
7,943 battles
1 minute ago, IanH755 said:

Picking the right ship with a high enough DPS certainly helps out massively. When this was on the PTS where only Silver ships were allowed this was "fairly" difficult with only Schors/Yorck etc but now it's live and you can use premiums I've now no issue carrying a whole team, especially in the Atlanta.

So even if the rest of your team potatos, *if* you have a high DPS premium you can still pull off a 5 star win like this one -

Doesn't look like you carried a whole team - because otherwise - see above :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,361 posts
14,152 battles

The Flint works pretty well, you can sail with the convoy and smoke them in the choke points. I didn't even see how the randoms died, was busy with dakka-dakka. Looking at Ian's free xp I'm a bit sad I didn't use flags.

shot-17_12.21_08_48.51-0765.thumb.jpg.41c1106920bd8f342322dfde037525dd.jpgshot-17_12.21_08_48.59-0843.thumb.jpg.b8b446502d52271581f11c8164ddfb3c.jpg

[ASEET]
[ASEET]
Alpha Tester
238 posts
11,624 battles
On 22.12.2017 at 12:46 PM, _Kettenbeisser said:

Blue part: You did have coordination. Not necessary spoken coordination, but group of players playing together. Second you had a plan, push forward and kill everything. That is more than what I have seen in most randoms.

Purple part: The moment bots sink first transporter you can't  you lose fifth star. 

If team's "tactic" is not push forward and kill everything then things get much harder. No matter how good you are, but one ship can't keep all the transporters alive if rest of the team hangs back behind transporters.

Example from today: "Protect the transporters" and several "wilco" comments to it at the start of the battle. I sail 1-2km in front of first transporter and six other ships are all humped up around last transporter. 

On 22.12.2017 at 1:10 PM, Exocet6951 said:

Get down from your high horse. Look at post #8 and tell it is simply l2p and not fault of "the team".

If team stays together and pushes together, then by all means, it can be easy. When team hangs back or go sail to edges of map then single ship just can't carry it. 

In some of the earlier missions it was enough if some ships just sailed around and shot stuff. In this bot's spawn so close to transporters and and transporters have no brains so mission, or at least five stars, will be easy to fail when "sail forward, kill red stuff" is too difficult for half the team. 

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,561 posts
9,093 battles
11 minutes ago, Gnomus said:

Get down from your high horse. Look at post #8 and tell it is simply l2p and not fault of "the team".

If team stays together and pushes together, then by all means, it can be easy. When team hangs back or go sail to edges of map then single ship just can't carry it. 

*cough*

I didn't tell him "L2P noob"with no further comment.
I told him to look at his own gameplay, a comment he took into consideration.

The only person on a high horse right now is you.
Telling someone who has consistent issue winning to try to find out if he's the problem isn't being arrogant, it's called basic problem solving.

[L4GG]
Players
1,376 posts
5,487 battles
On ‎22‎-‎12‎-‎2017 at 12:06 PM, IanH755 said:

No need.

I play with what I have, I even took my "Turd" and I did 130k, what about that? I was not expecting that, not with it but Schors it's my favourite, better than the "Turd", equally shitty but with fast guns and rail guns.

I like this operation very much .

More than dd's I find Sharnhorsts are not very appropriated for this operation, at least for Little troubles, all team has to sink him fast.

But I rarely see the charts post battle, the server lose connection every time the battle ends, this happened too with the other t7 operation.

p.s.- keep them coming, pls.  

[ASEET]
[ASEET]
Alpha Tester
238 posts
11,624 battles
On 23.12.2017 at 6:52 PM, Exocet6951 said:

*cough*

I didn't tell him "L2P noob"with no further comment.
I told him to look at his own gameplay, a comment he took into consideration.

The only person on a high horse right now is you.
Telling someone who has consistent issue winning to try to find out if he's the problem isn't being arrogant, it's called basic problem solving.

Did you miss "You can't keep blaming bots and you team when the mission is as simple as "sail forward, kill red stuff""?

You can blame bots and your team, if they do horrible things. 

That mission is easy if you have team working together aggressively. It is also one of easiest missions to fail because losing a single transporter means five stars is gone. Single player can't keep them all alive if rest of the team decides to wander of or snipe from behind. 

[BABBY]
Players
240 posts
5,830 battles

Regarding difficulty:

I had a game where I scored a win and 215k dmg while playing literally with one hand. My small son woke up and I had to lull him back to sleep while trying not to let my team down at the same time. Finished first in score too.

This led me to these conclusions:

1. This op is super easy and can be completed by playing with one hand while being distracted by a crying baby

2. The skill of your teammates lets you still score 1st on the scoreboard despite point no 1. Now thats some scary stuff to think about...

Players
26 posts
1,161 battles

Replay or it did not happen :cap_win:

I can on the other side show you 10 replays from yesterday where team members died before entering the final bay, some to torps, some to ramming (not being rammed by, they actually ramming the bots), 6 players dying in first 4 minutes, players being aggressive, but detonated in sharnhorsts, player being passive and sailing around starting points, myoko's sniping into bay from 12 km.

I would for the life of it like to see the replays from ppl claiming this is too easy playing with randoms (no division, or clan members in team)

Again this sh.tty op is so specific that at this point I can know if we are going to win or lose in first 3 minutes, damn, even when starting, if there is even 1 IJN CV, Colorado or 2 dds in the team

[PINUT]
Players
498 posts
7,743 battles

Well, I also think it is one of the easier missions, as long as the rest or at least the majority of your team members either

A) have played raptor rescue and thus know how important it is to kill anything with torps asap. 

B) have enough understanding of the game to get that 'kill anything with torps fast' part without having even played raptor. 

The only thing that can make the mission way more harder than it has to be, is a stupid CV player who scouts the whole map asap and thus triggers scripted events that otherwise would have happened later, like the retreat of the five enemy transport ships. Discounting of course those few unlucky games where half of your team is afk... 

Beyond that how much help one needs to carry most likely depends on the ship choice, skill and how much your team tries to screw you over. 

In the Atlanta I am doing quite fine, but not good enough to carry a team that is too dumb to say sink the Missouri before it rams one of the transport ships. On the other hand I played quite a few games in it with only a single clan mate, where we won the fast majority if not even all (didn't keep track) and we never finished worse than 4 stars. 

So if the mission seems to hard, that's not down to game design. It is a player base issue, which may or may not have been made worse by ranked being active. 

Sign in to follow this