Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Smudger1309

Premium Shop Carriers

8 comments in this topic

Question

[RNFH]
[RNFH]
Players
18 posts
2,724 battles

hi all

any one know were all the premium carriers have gone from the shop,  enterprise, sipan and jap one?

7 answers to this question

[ADRIA]
Players
3,796 posts
6,526 battles

All premium CVs are at tier 7 and 8, your highest is 6. I do strongly suggest you get to the correct tier before buying a premium ship of that type, otherwise you'll get crushed more often than you do now. I mean, sure, it's a game and you play for fun, but that's no reason to ruin the fun for at least 11 other players just because MM put you in their team in a ship that's as impactful and important as a CV.

As for the original question - was there even a CV that's "permamently" in the store like, for example, the Atago is? Personally would expect Enterprise to be here as a tier 8 a.k.a. "welcome to RB". Saipan simply shouldn't be sold and Kaga probably will pop up again sometime sooner or later.

[RNFH]
[RNFH]
Players
18 posts
2,724 battles

hi

so theses carriers will come up again in premium shop again soon?

also how come like from t4 to i tihnk t5 or 6 us carriers have better fighter squad japs have 4 planes in a squad the us as more and easily shoot down japs 4 planes?

why shouldn't saipan be sold is strong as in over powered or weaker?

[ADRIA]
Players
3,796 posts
6,526 battles
2 hours ago, Smudger1309 said:

hi

so theses carriers will come up again in premium shop again soon?

also how come like from t4 to i tihnk t5 or 6 us carriers have better fighter squad japs have 4 planes in a squad the us as more and easily shoot down japs 4 planes?

why shouldn't saipan be sold is strong as in over powered or weaker?

Yeah, I'm sure all 3 of the current premiums and eventually the GZ will be purchasable.

At tier 4 and 5 US have clearly the superior fighter, and the single fighter squad keeps being superior to japanese 1 squad. But what IJN lacks in straight up power they make up in numbers by having 2 fighters.

At tier 6 I recommend paying a lot of attention to learning manual attacks - hold down Alt and do more precise drops and fighter strafes. Maybe even get a training room and practice in it. While at 6 you can still go around without knowing it, at 7+ you really need to know how to use it.

Saipan is a great example of really bad design. It's too strong but not straight up completely OP. You don't have to be even average to do very well with it because it has tier 9 planes while everyone else at tier7 has t6 & t7 planes

If you are interested in learning playing CVs I'd recommend checking Farazelleth, as it happens he's doing video series on the reworked US CVs right now.

His YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/farazelleth

His Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/farazelleth

[RNFH]
[RNFH]
Players
18 posts
2,724 battles

hi,  thanks for the info  

i am interested in learning carriers as i quite enjoy how they work,

but have never used alt click always just clicked and let them do the job and same with the fighters tho even with my team aa guns the us fighters shoot IJN ones down very easy,

so by pressing alt it gives you more manual control on droping torps and dive bombers or just torps?

[ADRIA]
Players
3,796 posts
6,526 battles
4 hours ago, Smudger1309 said:

but have never used alt click always just clicked and let them do the job and same with the fighters tho even with my team aa guns the us fighters shoot IJN ones down very easy,

A while ago Wargaming removed that ability from tier 4 and 5 CVs, so I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it.

Starting from tier 6 (so starting with Independence and Ryujo) you can hold alt to get more accurate drops at a bigger chance of screwing up - instead of simple click and forget you make it into a sort of a skillshot.

Since Indep is the highest CV that the Warships homepage indicates you have check Faras video on it (of course, feel free to go through all of them) - he released the video like 4 or 5 days ago I think. He talks about the setup, captain skills, and then shows you an in-game example of how it works, including those Alt-attacks

1 hour ago, Smudger1309 said:

i tried holding alt key down but all it does is give you health of the ships am i missing something? 

This is another thing, you haven't gone through settings, have you?

Here's a screenshot from how I have them in the relevant section (settings -> controls)

OtnsF1X.jpg

Of course there are things that come down to personal preference, but here are my explanations:

• Terrain Hit Indicator - when you are going to hit islands instead of water / ships , for example when firing over them, will display a mountain image next to your crosshair.
  • Collision Avoidance System - takes control over your ship if you are close to an island, gets you killed more often than it helps
  • Alternative Interface - this is what you see when you hold Alt - if you set it to full you'll always see things like ship names and your shell travel time till the point where you are aiming at next to your crosshair
  • Alternative Mouse Controls - I think that was for CVs? Haven't tried those, I'm used to the default control system, as bad as it is
  • Rotate Minimap - keeps the "top edge" of the minimap as the direction you are looking at, really bad thing if you ever plan to use the minimap as it will just make things confusing
  • Display Lineups - pretty sure this is those team lists on both sides of your screen, I have "buffed" it with a mod which ship health so it's easier to track which ship is still alive (altho Tab does the trick aswell)
  • Show Both Loading Indicators - easier to keep track of when your torpedo tubes will be reloaded while firing main batteries
  • Enable Both if Priority Target Set - with P you can turn on / off your AA and secondaries, while holding Ctrl and then left-clicking a ship or a plane will designate them as priority target for the corresponding gun type and actually slightly increase secondary accuracy / AA DPS. If your AA & secondaries are turned off with this setting something as priority target would simply turn them back on
  • Detailed Ribbons - instead of simply seeing how many hits you scored with your main batteries you'd get 4 categories - penetrated, overpenetrated, bounced, shattered - makes it easier to follow how effective your gunfire is
  • Language Bar - literally no idea
  • Show Time in Port - adds a small clock in port that shows you your PCs time so you can know how many hours you've wasted
  • Show Smoke Screen Boundaries - smokescreens near you would appear not just as a foggy blob, but there would be an actual line on the water showing exactly where the smokescreen is -> easier to tell if you're in it or not
  • Damage Indicator - I think this was the one that shows you in-game real-time how much damage you have done. Also you can use it to see if the fire or flooding you set on an enemy is still going, even if the enemy ship is no longer visible
  • Show Smoke Screen Timer - If you are in smoke it will show you how much time you have till that smoke disappears (so you don't find yourself sitting in the middle of nowhere suddenly seen by everyone), while if you are the one who set the smoke and you're outside of it you'll see the overall cooldown till smoke starts disappearing and till it's gone completely. It will be at the same height as your "detected" icon, just to the left side of the screen (about the same distance from center as "detected" is)

Your call which of these you want and / or need, but that's my recommendation right there :cap_like:

Sign in to follow this