Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Andrej_Peribosky

Ships take a while to appear on screen (but shown on minimap)

41 comments in this topic

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,659 posts
14,919 battles

7 hours ago, Andrej_Peribosky said:

This would be indicative of the game needing to fetch the model from the HDD

So that would mean that slower HDD would take longer and faster take shorter?

Running this ------> http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/samsung-sm961-ssd,review-33585.html

Still exactly the same issue... so surely can't be HDD fetch that's the issue?

[IRQ]
Players
2,698 posts
6,383 battles

I think the issue is that the time to when the ships appear in sight has increased. Now it's about three seconds, but it used to be less. I'm not sure how long ago that was, but I'm pretty sure I remember it being shorter.

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,184 battles
6 hours ago, eliastion said:

There are TWO issues

#1 is the intended behavior. IT'S NOT A BUG. Spotted ship is always shown on minimap immediately (and receives the "spotted" notification right away) but is only rendered with a small delay (I think it was 3 seconds, but I'm not 100% sure at the moment). Ship that gets unspotted, on the other hand, remains rendered (and shown on minimap) for the same duration after successfully breaking line of sight.

#2 is the actual problem. This is the most prevalent if your computer struggles with the game - especially if you make the mistake of launching WoWs with some background process hogging lots of resources (especially RAM, I think). This can lead, in extreme cases, to ships (this can apply to friendlies as well!) not being rendered even for extended periods of time, especially at the start of the battle (when first spotted). It can last literally for minutes. I've once had this happen with one bugged Chrome process that ate a couple gigabytes of my RAM for no apparent reason...

So you want to tell me that my rig have problem and is in short of ram with 8gig on GTX1080 +16gb DDR4 and with game that never fall under 75fps and with always 22-35ms connection    ???  and of game installed on Samsung EVO 850 SSD

• Cool 1

[FRDF]
Players
182 posts
2,810 battles

I have no mods installed, WoWS is installed in regular HDD (don't wanna waste SSD space :D) I get this rendering "problem" regularly, but I thought it's just how the game worked and that everyone had it like this. Well now I know that I have been playing with handicap the whole time.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,724 posts
10,607 battles
4 hours ago, VooDooZG said:

So you want to tell me that my rig have problem and is in short of ram with 8gig on GTX1080 +16gb DDR4 and with game that never fall under 75fps and with always 22-35ms connection    ???  and of game installed on Samsung EVO 850 SSD

Didn't you say that your delay is 2-3 sec? If so, then this is not a problem but the game working as intended - there is an in-built 3 second (I think) delay between spotting a target and it being rendered.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,246 posts
7,249 battles

jeah i know this too.

About three secounds i use to look in the right direction (using the sight field on the minimap) and aiming under the smoke that is already visable. Then the model appears and i can estimate aimpoint by giving lead and pull the trigger faster that way.

[MIRAI]
Players
118 posts
7,166 battles

I have the same issue and it happens quite often. It's ruining my games in DDs.

I have no mods installed. PC is somewhat old.

+ I have another problem that I need to mention. Sometimes, when an enemy ship is unspotted right after being spotted, they disappear from the screen in an instant, instead of slowly fading out.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
713 posts
17,669 battles
22 hours ago, VooDooZG said:

I don't think that texture are problem - I can see smoke of the enemy ship but ship is shown with like 2-3 sec after !?!?!?  in that time he will shoot on me, i will see shells flying toward me and than after 2-3 sec ship will show ???

When a certain NA streamer got banned, i noticed 1 thing on his stream: aimassist gave aiming point at same time when ship was marked on map, but was not rendered yet.

Everybody make your own conclusions...

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,049 posts
2,170 battles
On 12/21/2017 at 6:44 PM, robihr said:

think that summoning spell needs to be used @MrConway @Tuccy

Hmm... this could be caused by a number of things.

If you could, please submit a bug report via customer support with the match replay, description, time stamp and a WG check report.

We'll gladly look into it.

[-HUN-]
Players
680 posts
7,915 battles
58 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Hmm... this could be caused by a number of things.

If you could, please submit a bug report via customer support with the match replay, description, time stamp and a WG check report.

We'll gladly look into it.

:D :D :D :D

LOL. Just play your game. It happens with like 50% of the players. Icon shows detected. Enemy appears on minimap. Enemy shoots. I see the shells but I can't see the enemy for a little more time on straight view when he already shot me.

It has been around for a while. Like a year now. And it has been told a couple of times yet nothing happens but this bullsh*t comment.

• Bad 1

[EYLIG]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,790 posts
13,017 battles
15 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

Just play your game.

It has been around for a while. Like a year now. And it has been told a couple of times yet nothing happens but this bullsh*t comment.

It is in fact a new bug. What you claim to be a bug is intentional: every ship appears on the minimap first. The new problem is much more severe. So better don't call people out on "play your game" when you show a good example of not being very observant.

[-HUN-]
Players
680 posts
7,915 battles
2 hours ago, Z_OnkelE said:

It is in fact a new bug. What you claim to be a bug is intentional: every ship appears on the minimap first. The new problem is much more severe. So better don't call people out on "play your game" when you show a good example of not being very observant.

I know how it works in the game. Somehow you managed to miss the good part of my comment.

" Icon shows detected. Enemy appears on minimap. Enemy shoots. I see the shells but I can't see the enemy for a little more time on straight view when he already shot me. "

Will you be able to understand it for the second time?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,379 posts
12,680 battles

I dont have that issue, but i remember @Reaper_JackGBR noticed it when when we played a long time ago. I pretty much fired and hit the target before it rendered on hes screen. 

[NORKS]
Players
32 posts
3,091 battles

Have this issue too.

Top gaming spec PC, too good for wows....

NO mods.

As a ship clips into viewing/spot range *especially cruisers  I get a smoke trail from their stack then about 1 -3 seconds later the hull will appear and I take my shot. 

It's very bizarre to just see a smoke plume sailing along.   I've become very used to it but ive always thought it was a problem

[ADRIA]
Players
3,785 posts
6,515 battles
3 hours ago, AngreyNoob said:

As a ship clips into viewing/spot range *especially cruisers  I get a smoke trail from their stack then about 1 -3 seconds later the hull will appear and I take my shot. 

It's very bizarre to just see a smoke plume sailing along.   I've become very used to it but ive always thought it was a problem

I find this one very annoying, as often you simply can't rely on the smoke when you are snapping a shot against a target.

Edit: I red it the wrong way, I actually get the ship 1st and then the smoke from its smokestacks

Sign in to follow this