Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
knaveofengland

christmas/new year sales ships

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
174 posts
1,283 battles

hi ladies and gents wishing you all a happy christmas and a new year , ok with the sales over xmas and new year what premium ships are worth getting please no dd still not got the hang of them , i do have some premium ships just would like the advise from the good bad and the ugly

any advise is allways welcome

[BOTS]
Players
1,646 posts
11,787 battles

Scharnhorst: great unique hybrid - BB hull, CA maneuverability, guns are somewhere in between, has torps, has turtleback, has awesome secondaries (for T7); and you might want her for the upcoming campaign.

Atlanta: fun ship, much dakka dakka, might be the last chance to get her

[ASEET]
Beta Tester
118 posts
3,953 battles

Atlanta is challenging, but a fun ship. (Also requires a high lvl commander to be very good), but with the upcoming US Cruiser split it will have a good commander synergy most likely.

Looking that you only play co-op it doesn't really matter. You just rofl stomp bots with every ship.

Every ship currently in sale is a good or a decent one. Many say Duca is bad, but I like it. Not for everyone, but not that bad.

[BYOB]
Players
2,683 posts
9,832 battles
4 minutes ago, _blackram_ said:

Guys, for how long the discounts will be active?

We don't know, there is no indication whether the ships will be there for a day or for a week.

Which is the best way for WG to get less sales as some people might just miss the deadline. After all, some people spend money after Christmas, when everything is paid.

Players
29 posts
619 battles

Its kinda odd even from marketing point of view. I bought one premium ship. Wanted two but I cant afford it now since I bought like 50 presents for Christmas :cap_cool:. So it would be great if the discount will go week into the 2018...

[BYOB]
Players
2,683 posts
9,832 battles
7 minutes ago, _blackram_ said:

Its kinda odd even from marketing point of view. I bought one premium ship. Wanted two but I cant afford it now since I bought like 50 presents for Christmas :cap_cool:. So it would be great if the discount will go week into the 2018...

WG's marketing makes very little sense most of the time. And I'm saying this as someone who had to do coursework on the basics of marketing and sales.

[CATS]
Players
13,571 posts
10,375 battles
49 minutes ago, _blackram_ said:

No. You spend all the money you were ready to spend.

If you wanted to spend more money, you would.

• Bad 1

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
1 hour ago, _blackram_ said:

Guys, for how long the discounts will be active?

Client says two weeks and six days from now on, so it should be around 10th January.

Players
29 posts
619 battles
52 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

No. You spend all the money you were ready to spend.

If you wanted to spend more money, you would.

What do you know about my home budget? I dont know how old are you or do you use your own earned money for purchases...but I have 2 kids, big loan for my flat and below average EU salary (CE here).  So If I want to spend more money for ship I cant. And I would If I could. This way I would wait next salary for second premium ship.

There you go. You asked for it. BTW, Rude tone there mate. You need to control yourself or learn to behave. 6985 battles in a computer game doesnt give you a free ticket to be rude to ppl specially to newcomers.

44 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

39 minutes ago, Seeteufel said:

Client says two weeks and six days from now on, so it should be around 10th January.

Thank you. Good news.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
13,571 posts
10,375 battles
26 minutes ago, _blackram_ said:

What do you know about my home budget? I dont know how old are you or do you use your own earned money for purchases...but I have 2 kids, big loan for my flat and below average EU salary (CE here).  So If I want to spend more money for ship I cant. And I would If I could. This way I would wait next salary for second premium ship.

There you go. You asked for it. BTW, Rude tone there mate. You need to control yourself or learn to behave. 6985 battles in a computer game doesnt give you a free ticket to be rude to ppl specially to newcomers.

Thank you. Good news.

That was not rude. I just explained how WG got all the money out of you, you were ready to spend.

And no, you do want to spend more money. You want to have more ships. That is something different.

I want all camos, flags and ships WG has to offer, but I do not buy them. Why? Because I do not want to spend the money, even if I could. There is other stuff that is more important I can spend the money on, as in your case.

Administrator
204 posts
182 battles

*Let´s stick to the main topic please, avoid going any further into this Off Topic conversation.

Thank you.

Players
2,263 posts
4 hours ago, knaveofengland said:

hi ladies and gents wishing you all a happy christmas and a new year , ok with the sales over xmas and new year what premium ships are worth getting please no dd still not got the hang of them , i do have some premium ships just would like the advise from the good bad and the ugly

any advise is allways welcome

As you only play co-op.....any of them, and co-op is the place to practice DD's if you are not any good in them. :Smile_smile:

Beta Tester
174 posts
1,283 battles

i just play coop main reason havent the time with eve total war arena to name a few i still keep me hand in , so i ask again what premium ships are worth having , when i did play random i did have like 10+ % draws reason i gave up . coop suits me for now eve online havent had many good battles for long time now , so thats kinda boring total war can be good fun . anyway the bots play better than most players apart from off peak hours and they sucide you really do learn how to play .

so please list what premium ships are worth getting .

wish you all well

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
4,996 battles

I'm a newbie, with the majority of battles in PvE; the following thoughts might be pertinent:

Something that is fun/good in PvE won't necessarily be the same in PvP, should you wish to move in that direction later - something to bear in mind. Also, think about how useful things are as captain trainers - if you're short of time, this is also relevant (although you'll get more xp in relation to time spent playing if you can manage at least some games in PvP).

Anyway, some premiums I enjoy (although not necessarily the best ones):

Atlanta: a hoot to play, although quite hard to do well in, especially against real players. I was advised that a Cleveland captain works well, and that seems to be the case. Brings the dakka, in spades, and may be gone soon.

Tirpitz: hilarious secondaries, and rather good at closer range (yay, torps); everyone expects you to suck in this, so anything better than driving into an island and sinking is a bonus (from others' perspective). If you like sniping from range, get something else!

Huang He: I know it's a fragile, under-par Perth, but the maneuverability is splendid, and it's still fun.

Those three are for PvE only; with a similarly low battle count to me, you'll get utterly tonked in PvP in them, unless you're some sort of prodigy. For PvP, perhaps look at the following:

Cambeltown: I know it's a DD, but it's great fun to play, and sufficiently sneaky to avoid at least some trouble, if played tolerably.

Either of the T5 Omaha clones; Russia and the US get one each: Nice long-range torps and plenty of rof. Good fun.

Giulio Cesare: T5 Italian BB; not as slow and cumbersome as some, and widely felt to be very forgiving (=OP). I'm not a natural BB person, and don't like the sniping-from-range approach, but I quite enjoy this one.

Really though, if you're mainly playing PvE, just go with whichever boats match the sorts of things you like playing; I have far too many premiums, and I don't think there are any that I actively dislike playing. The time when, for newbies, the decision gets harder is when you start thinking about PvP, especially above around T6.

Sign in to follow this