You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

What you got in your Santa containers?

399 comments in this topic

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,908 posts
16,257 battles

Christmas containers are up, ofc first on US, EU will be next: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/we-are-many/

Prices on EU will probably be 1, 3 and 5 euro for the small, medium and big box.

All that stuff about Santa is great, but what's in those boxes, anyway?! 

No matter what you get, the guaranteed value of each box's contents is equal to, or more than, what you paid! 

Santa's Gift - $0.99 USD

6c7b1140-e421-11e7-a44e-ac162d8bc1e4_120You Get ONE of These! (Some Items are Rarer!)

Small box:

300 6c577eb2-d9e4-11e6-be32-d89d6715223c.png
x5 "Frosty Fir Tree" Camo
50x "Equal Speed Charlie London" flags
50x "Zulu" flags
50x "Zulu Hotel" flags
50x "Papa Papa" flags 
30 Days of Premium d62c7f86-215b-11e7-afdc-d89d6715223c.png
10,000 Free XP f8b82f14-9709-11e6-a9fb-d89d6715223c.png

Tier VI 199eceee-a5ed-11e6-b1b5-d89d6715223c.png 23716950-c167-11e6-b1aa-d89d6715223c.png De Grasse
Tier VI 19c84576-a5ed-11e6-ac99-d89d6715223c.png 233ed67a-c167-11e6-88a2-d89d6715223c.png Mutsu

Santa's Big Gift - $2.99 USD

8953e1ac-e430-11e7-a4ef-ac162d8bc1e4_120You Get ONE of These! (Some Items are Rarer!)

Medium box:

1,000 6c577eb2-d9e4-11e6-be32-d89d6715223c.png
15x "Frosty Fir Tree" Camo
15x "Wyvern" flags
15x "Red Dragon" flags
15x "Ouroboros" flags
15x "Hydra" flags 
15x "Dragon" flags
90 Days of Premium d62c7f86-215b-11e7-afdc-d89d6715223c.png
Tier V 19c7d6f4-a5ed-11e6-a31c-d89d6715223c.png 233dc578-c167-11e6-9b9f-d89d6715223c.pngOkhotnik
Tier VII 19daff22-a5ed-11e6-b781-d89d6715223c.png 233ed67a-c167-11e6-88a2-d89d6715223c.pngScharnhorst
Tier VII 19c7d6f4-a5ed-11e6-a31c-d89d6715223c.png 233dc578-c167-11e6-9b9f-d89d6715223c.pngLeningrad

Santa's Mega Gift - $4.99 USD

3a45acba-e4f5-11e7-8e03-d89d6715223c_120You Get ONE of These! (Some Items are Rarer!)

Large box:

2,000 6c577eb2-d9e4-11e6-be32-d89d6715223c.png
30x "Frosty Fir Tree" Camo
15x "Type 59" Camo 
30x "Wyvern" flags
30x "Red Dragon" flags
30x "Ouroboros" flags
30x "Hydra" flags 
30x "Dragon" flags
180 Days of Premium d62c7f86-215b-11e7-afdc-d89d6715223c.png
Tier VIII f182be60-c991-11e7-8d39-d89d6715223c.jpg 233dc578-c167-11e6-9b9f-d89d6715223c.pngLo Yang
Tier VIII 19a564ac-a5ed-11e6-8ffd-d89d6715223c.png 233ed67a-c167-11e6-88a2-d89d6715223c.png Alabama
Tier VI 199c9214-a5ed-11e6-845f-d89d6715223c.png 233dc578-c167-11e6-9b9f-d89d6715223c.pngGallant

In addition, all containers have a SLIM chance of granting one of the following vessels:

(consider the slim to be really very slim, guyz...)

Nikolay

Gremyashchy

Kamikaze

Tirpitz

Kutuzov

Atago

Belfast

Lo Yang

Prinz Eugen

And 25 more Premium ships:

• Alabama
  • Kii
  • Kidd
  • Atlanta
  • Blyskawica
  • Indianapolis
  • Sims
  • Scharnhorst
  • Leningrad
  • Hood
  • Warspite
  • Anshan
  • Molotov
  • Arizona
  • Dunkerque
  • Perth
  • De Grasse
  • Duca d’Aosta
  • Mutsu
  • Gallant
  • Admiral Graf Spee
  • Huanghe
  • Giulio Cesare
  • Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya
  • Okhotnik

Duplicates?
If you “roll” a ship that is already in your Port, another ship will be reselected from the list of the ships that can be obtained in the Legion containers. In this case, you will receive a Supercontainer instead of the Legion container, and the ship with a Slot for her and Commander with 10 skill points will be added to your account.

If you “roll” a ship that is already in your Port and you have already received all ships available in the Legion containers, a Santa Claus Legion container will be displayed on the container ship. After opening this container, you will see the “rolled” ship, but she will not be added to your Port. Instead, you will get the amount of Doubloons that is equal to the cost of the ship, a slot, and a Commander with 10 skill points.

Container contents are "drawn" upon the container's opening, not upon purchase. 

So, what s important:

1. Container contents are decided  upon the container's opening, not upon purchase. 

2. If you get a ship that is already in your Port, another ship will be reselected from the list of the ships that can be obtained, and you ll get also a Commander with 10 skill points.

3. If you have already all ships available in the containers and get a ship , you ll get its price in gold and a Commander with 10 skill points.

4. No matter what you get, the guaranteed value of each box's contents is equal to, or more than, what you paid! 

P.S.: Also the following ships are discounted in the premium shop, so if you get their price in gold (as in point 3. ), it will be reduced: 30% (Scharnhorst, Leningrad, Atlanta, Duca d’Aosta, Dunkerque) 30%  (Alabama, Atago, Lo Yang, Prinz Eugen and Tirpitz).

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,881 posts
11,299 battles

I literally own everything in game I want :Smile_amazed:

No need to buy any containers here...

I will say though, Gremy and Nikolai are not worth losing sleep over. I've got both and haven't played either for months. They're just low tier clubbing devices and get old quite fast :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,908 posts
16,257 battles
11 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

I will say though, Gremy and Nikolai are not worth losing sleep over. I've got both and haven't played either for months. They're just low tier clubbing devices and get old quite fast :Smile_hiding:

Same like you, there is only Kidd that I want to get... but I ll buy some large boxes and hope I ll get the flags.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,861 posts
20,799 battles
14 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Well I miss Gremy, Kidd, Kii and Indianapolis in the list (HuangHe also but that is the poor draw). I might buy some, it is fun to play. The first draw videos is already out on the tube. 

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,908 posts
16,257 battles
9 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

The first draw videos is already out on the tube. 

There are rumors the the first draws are rigged on purpose (Flamu for example)... :Smile_hiding:

[H_FAN]
Players
1,861 posts
20,799 battles
3 minutes ago, 22cm said:

There are rumors the the first draws are rigged on purpose (Flamu for example)... :Smile_hiding:

Hardly surprising - but the youtube in crates as in Ship play are probably showing only the best draws. Think of it - How many would watch 20 crates -amazing results or 20 crates - flags and camos disappointment real time 28 minutes. I will buy some, last year I got at least the moneys worth, but it is a question here how I value the flags and camos , regardless if they worth it or not, last year I still have the upper tiers left in many trees so the 100% camos in 40? or was it 50 in the large boxes then were welcome, now with only PA at T7 and the CVs which I do not play left and with 900+ Premium camos of various kinds (restless excluded) and several flags it is more or less only ships that are interesting. That makes the calculation different.

I recieved 4 ships last year, Nikolai, Anshan Lo Yang Tirpitz and the droprate were around 1:5  for the large boxes for me, no ships from the smaller. 

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,908 posts
16,257 battles
13 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

I recieved 4 ships last year, Nikolai, Anshan Lo Yang Tirpitz and the droprate were around 1:5  for the large boxes for me, no ships from the smaller. 

How many boxes you bought of each type?

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

You should maybe note that there are 2 different ship containers with apparently different chances

- The Legion ship containers (De Grasse, Mutsu, Okhotnik, Scharnhorst, Leningrad, Gallant, Lo Yang, Alabama)

If you get these containers  you are guranteed only one of the above ships.

1. Depending on the type of box (you get those first)

2. If you have all ships of the type of box you bought you will get another ships from another box type

3. If you have all 8 of them already you will get dubloons and commander.

- The rare ship containers with a much smaller chance

If you get this container you will get one of the listed ships ( including the rare ships) which also contain the Legion ships, depending what you already have in port.

Newer ships seem to have priority (Kidd, Kii, Perth, etc.)

Players
2,266 posts
39 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Hardly surprising - but the youtube in crates as in Ship play are probably showing only the best draws. Think of it - How many would watch 20 crates -amazing results or 20 crates - flags and camos disappointment real time 28 minutes. I will buy some, last year I got at least the moneys worth, but it is a question here how I value the flags and camos , regardless if they worth it or not, last year I still have the upper tiers left in many trees so the 100% camos in 40? or was it 50 in the large boxes then were welcome, now with only PA at T7 and the CVs which I do not play left and with 900+ Premium camos of various kinds (restless excluded) and several flags it is more or less only ships that are interesting. That makes the calculation different.

I got 3 ships last year, all from the small containers. 

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,908 posts
16,257 battles
1 minute ago, bushwacker001 said:

I got 3 ships last year, all from the small containers. 

From how many small containers?

Players
2,266 posts
1 minute ago, 22cm said:

From how many small containers?

I bought about 25-30. Indianapolis, Marblehead and Molotov.  I have hardly played these except in Co-op as, to be honest, I am shite in them but kept them so that this year that I wouldn't get them again. :Smile_Default:

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
18 posts
5,454 battles

So... I have literally every premium ship, other than Nikolai. Does this mean that my very first ship pull will be the Nikolai? And... will the odds of pulling a ship not be reduced?

Players
109 posts
5,670 battles

Seeing as how they nerfed the crap out of your chance for one of the ships to pop up last year I for one won't be bothering.

But then again as the game is turning into World of Premiums/Gimmicks/Battleships I've cut down on my playtime anyhow.

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
303 posts
2,214 battles
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

Flamu got, alabama, lo yang, gallant, duca daosta and 180 days of premium.

With "only" 20 box.

Either something is rigged or he should consider playing lottery as a living.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,908 posts
16,257 battles
11 minutes ago, TigerKPT said:

So... I have literally every premium ship, other than Nikolai. Does this mean that my very first ship pull will be the Nikolai? And... will the odds of pulling a ship not be reduced?

Actually, yes. If you buy containers, please come here and tell us yor results, it will be very interesting.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,044 posts
4,580 battles

the event starts today?

when will the boxes will be available.. you have any info on that?

[B0TS]
Players
106 posts
11,121 battles
1 minute ago, Excavatus said:

the event starts today?

when will the boxes will be available.. you have any info on that?

No idea. As usual, we are left in the dark with useful information.

Feedback post about it has been up for 12 hours. New Patch is out, servers are back online. No boxes.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,160 posts
9,954 battles

Are you sure about point 1?

It was different last year.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,908 posts
16,257 battles
1 minute ago, zaaaaaaP said:

No idea. As usual, we are left in the dark with useful information.

Feedback post about it has been up for 12 hours. New Patch is out, servers are back online. No boxes.

It s WG EU.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,908 posts
16,257 battles
1 minute ago, lup3s said:

Are you sure about point 1?

It was different last year.

Yes. It s changed. Not sure if it s a good or a bad change...

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles
30 minutes ago, TigerKPT said:

From my experience of being in a very similar position to you and trying, and failing, to get a Nikolai last year compared to others' experiences and rate of getting premium ships, the chances of pulling a ship for me seemed to get reduced massively. Don't spend money just with the intent to chase a Nikolai. I had some spare money that I set aside as a Nikolai investment fund only missing two or three premium ships at the time of buying the boxes, I got two Marbleheads and no other ship pulls at all from many attempts. Wasn't a 'waste' of money since I still have plenty of nice flags, camos etc but it was disappointing and frustrating!

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
18 posts
5,454 battles
26 minutes ago, rvfharrier said:

From my experience of being in a very similar position to you and trying, and failing, to get a Nikolai last year compared to others' experiences and rate of getting premium ships, the chances of pulling a ship for me seemed to get reduced massively. Don't spend money just with the intent to chase a Nikolai. I had some spare money that I set aside as a Nikolai investment fund only missing two or three premium ships at the time of buying the boxes, I got two Marbleheads and no other ship pulls at all from many attempts. Wasn't a 'waste' of money since I still have plenty of nice flags, camos etc but it was disappointing and frustrating!

Thanks. I do know what you mean... but under the new mechanics of not being able to win a duplicate ship (for Doubloons) unless you have all of the ships, surely your Marblehead pulls in my situation would result in a Nikolai (I do literally have every premium ship apart from the Nikolai)? My only concern is whether the "win rate" in my situation would be nerfed or reduced, but don't see why it would?

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles
17 minutes ago, TigerKPT said:

Thanks. I do know what you mean... but under the new mechanics of not being able to win a duplicate ship (for Doubloons) unless you have all of the ships, surely your Marblehead pulls in my situation would result in a Nikolai (I do literally have every premium ship apart from the Nikolai)? My only concern is whether the "win rate" in my situation would be nerfed or reduced, but don't see why it would?

It would have indeed, but those two Marbleheads were the only premium ship pulls I had from 60 attempts (1 in 30), while people with less premium ships in port were reporting winning premium ships hand over fist at rates closer to 1 in 3 or 1 in 5. I could have just been unbelievably unlucky, but it seems as though the chance of getting a premium is/was dependent on the number of premiums actually available for you to win.

Not proud of having bought 60 containers in an attempt to win a single ship, but it is what it is. Wasn't helped by my friend winning a Nikolai on his 4th or 5th attempt. In hindsight I'd rather have spent the money on a nice bottle of whisky or something, would recommend you do the same!

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,908 posts
16,257 battles
5 minutes ago, rvfharrier said:

Not proud of having bought 60 containers in an attempt to win a single ship, but it is what it is.

Small, medium, big ones?