Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tobbeb17

hakuryu vs midway

21 comments in this topic

[SFD]
Players
112 posts

Hi, I'll admit, that's probably one of those worse players when it comes to hakuryuu. I often find it difficult to check and keep all the flights. But before I often won a fight against Midway, but since they made the update to double Fighters, I've lost every air battle. And it all ends now that I get out of Fighters completely and can not do anything for my team, it's only me who have these problems or the more who think Midway is hard to meet now.

• Funny 1

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,025 posts
13,618 battles
6 minutes ago, robihr said:

didnt it also have double fighters before?

Usually yes. Midway used to run 2/1/2, which was why I hate playing the Hakuryu so much. Not that this patch has solved this issue of course.

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles

well t10 usa cv got buffed so finally it is worth oponent to haku......and it will win fighters duel

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,872 posts
11,299 battles
10 hours ago, tobbeb17 said:

Hi, I'll admit, that's probably one of those worse players when it comes to hakuryuu. I often find it difficult to check and keep all the flights. But before I often won a fight against Midway, but since they made the update to double Fighters, I've lost every air battle. And it all ends now that I get out of Fighters completely and can not do anything for my team, it's only me who have these problems or the more who think Midway is hard to meet now.

Sorry but how did you get to Haku and not be able to control that amount of squadrons?

I've unlocked the Taiho but I simply don't play her as 6 squadrons is about my limit.

[MIRAI]
Players
118 posts
7,127 battles

If you wanna win air fights against a Midway, you know that there is already a cancer AS build available to you.

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
11 minutes ago, Fubucky said:

If you wanna win air fights against a Midway, you know that there is already a cancer AS build available to you.

he will maybe win air duel but will for sure lost game with AS on haku.....ffs taking AS on haku should be punished by jail time :)

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles
43 minutes ago, veslingr said:

he will maybe win air duel but will for sure lost game with AS on haku.....ffs taking AS on haku should be punished by jail time :)

While I agree and sure HAKU loses 33% of her striking power, she still can do dot quite well, even in that setup.

[FOF]
Players
38 posts
8,475 battles

AS might be a viable choice now on Taiho and Haku, personaly i am only at the Taiho, but 3-2-2 works about as well as 2-3-2 against the new Essex.

To play it well the 4-2-2 Setup on Haku needs immense amounts of micromanagment, but it is doable.

Yes you loose 30% of your alpha strike, but if you use your DoT effects a but you can still take out nearly every ship in a single attack

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
4 hours ago, Chimanski said:

AS might be a viable choice now on Taiho and Haku, personaly i am only at the Taiho, but 3-2-2 works about as well as 2-3-2 against the new Essex.

To play it well the 4-2-2 Setup on Haku needs immense amounts of micromanagment, but it is doable.

Yes you loose 30% of your alpha strike, but if you use your DoT effects a but you can still take out nearly every ship in a single attack

AS in random is not viable on any CV. 

[RAIN]
Community Contributor
879 posts
10,790 battles

On haku/taiho you have a very good strike force to.

So for both of them it s viable

[I401]
Beta Tester
843 posts
7,463 battles

Haku has more strike potential, easier to deal damage, is a lot harder to win the fighter engagements.

Midway has more fighter power, but is sometimes extremely difficult to do serious damage due to the T8 TBs and the sometimes completely useless AP bombs.

I agree the midway got a lot stronger, but i still like my Hakuryuu much more.

Players
29 posts
7,277 battles
On 12/21/2017 at 7:07 PM, kfa said:

Haku has more strike potential, easier to deal damage, is a lot harder to win the fighter engagements.

Midway has more fighter power, but is sometimes extremely difficult to do serious damage due to the T8 TBs and the sometimes completely useless AP bombs.

I agree the midway got a lot stronger, but i still like my Hakuryuu much more.

wrong.

I have both Haku and Midway on full, with 18 pts admiral captains (& type10 camos) - as i used to LOVE CVs.

Haku nowadays HAS NO CHANCE. 

a) all of its planes are weaker and dying like flies to AA (then compared to Midway)
b) its torpedo spread is useless on manual (compared to Midway)
c) fighters totally weak, dying to Midway fighters
d) the bombers CANNOT FOCUS like Midway bombers can.

e) fighter strife my Midway squadron is 3x more damaging then under-powered Haku fighters with much smaller squadron too..

So it is 5:0 for Midway players nowadays. Hakuryu is WEAK, NERFED, USELESS. Waste of camo money and any/all time played - actually a shame for game balance designers.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,803 battles

Having watched what a well played Hakyu can do compared to a well played Midway in competitive play, the Hakyu certainly has not been over come by the shiny new Midway.

(But then I am only an observer really in CV play, results tell their own story though).

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles
On 12/20/2017 at 10:18 PM, tobbeb17 said:

Midway fighter for nerfed or will soon to t 9. But still on click he will win. You need to outplay him. Strafe him or fight over friendly aaa. No other option to win over him in air duel. 

[TIPC]
[TIPC]
Players
83 posts
8,425 battles
8 minutes ago, ulthien said:

wrong.

I have both Haku and Midway on full, with 18 pts admiral captains (& type10 camos) - as i used to LOVE CVs.

a) all of its planes are weaker and dying like flies to AA (then compared to Midway)

e) fighter strife my Midway squadron is 3x more damaging then under-powered Haku fighters with much smaller squadron too..

So it is 5:0 for Midway players nowadays. Hakuryu is WEAK, NERFED, USELESS. Waste of camo money and any/all time played - actually a shame for game balance designers.

36% WR in Haku and 40,6% in Midway ... Its best to not speak if you have no idea what are you talking about.

- Midway has crappy TBs. In fact they are barely better than shokakus because of 3M upgrade that gives them extra HP

- DBs are RNG and AP is just bad (you will get good hits vs t8-9 germn BBs and some t10 CAs, if you even make a drop. VS rest of ships they dont deal enough dmg)

- Fighters are the only thing that can hel you vs good Haku but they are still inferior because of this last and probably most important thing:

rearming time for Midway is horrible, if you lose a squad you will have almost 2 min reload.

So Haku has faster planes, TBs have more HP and you will get more strikes per match ...

• Funny 1

Players
29 posts
7,277 battles
16 minutes ago, Klimons said:

36% WR in Haku and 40,6% in Midway ... Its best to not speak if you have no idea what are you talking about.

Mine rates are the same, Midway 40%, Haku 36% win. So even here it is obviously weaker.

Why do you insult and say i dont know what i talk about? Is trolling inherent for your breed?

Can you read all the 5 factors I listed from a to e which make Haku weaker? Can you understand?

Please dont waste everyones time.

[TIPC]
[TIPC]
Players
83 posts
8,425 battles
18 minutes ago, ulthien said:

Mine rates are the same, Midway 40%, Haku 36% win. So even here it is obviously weaker.

Why do you insult and say i dont know what i talk about? Is trolling inherent for your breed?

I was talking about your WR.

In general Midway is a little bit better for bad players or as a learning tool. There are less squads to control and you can win every fighter click duel vs IJN. You still can auto drop DBs and get good results. But saying that Haku is weak is just plain wrong. It has a higher skill floor so you need to know how to control multiple squads and overcome the crappy UI but if you learn how to avoid Midway strafes you will be winning dmg race every time. Midway can gain air control and then spot a lot but whats the point of spotting of DDs for example when you can easilly kill them yourself with haku ....

Sorry to say that but You are not a good CV player and should go back to lower tiers to learn more about the role of CV and its limits/potential.

If you say that all of its planes are weak (they are not) then you need to take close look at ingame stats of both Haku and Midway

Edited by Klimons
Spelling

[TIPC]
[TIPC]
Players
83 posts
8,425 battles
1 hour ago, ulthien said:

wrong.

1) - Haku TBs have 2,5K Hp and 164 knots of speed VS Midway 2K Hp and 136 knots (after upgrades). Tell me then how all Haku planes are weaker? 0 -1 for Haku

2) - Converging torp spread is way better than fanout of Midway, you will be getting more hits per drop and you also have the ability do make long and deadly drops vs bow tanking heavy AA BBs (NC, Iowa) with less plane loses. 0 -2 for Haku

3) - Fighters: Midway has advantage in ammo count and numbers in the air vs strike Haku (14 vs 10) but still has a lot worse rearming time and even Midway fighter runs out of ammo eventually and when its rearming you can get 2 strikes in. Btw Midway fighters are getting nerfed in 7.1. If you have problem with air control there is the option of playing 4-2-2 Haku and you will get the advantage there (14 vs 20). 1 - 2 for strike Haku

4) - I dont know what do you mean by focus. IJN DBs have way better accuracy that is not RNG dependand (unpanicked). They deal less dmg but you can count on them to hit the target and get that fire. 1 - 3 for Haku

5) - Learn to avoid strafes, its that simple and you should have learned that in mid tiers. High tier CV battles are all about patience, dont rush with all your strike planes vs prepared force. New t8 Midway TBs are just food for Haku fighters and die in 2 seconds, they dont even have the speed to get out of AA bubbles, not to mention 180kn IJN fighters.

So at best its 2 - 3 for Haku, and after fighter nerf it will be  1 - 4 or even 0 -5.

Midway main paper advantage is high plane reserves but they almost never get used because the game ends before you need to reach for them ...

Sign in to follow this