RumOnSunday

What Ships have you been on?

12 comments in this topic

[ATRA]
Players
1 post
901 battles

Evening all,

Saw this on the US side and sounded like a good idea.  What ship's have you all been on for real, current serving or otherwise?

[SM0KE]
Players
1,613 posts
5,047 battles

HMS Belfast several times, playing tourist (first time as a child); HMS Cavalier when she was in Brighton; next to, rather than on, HMCS Haida, due to arriving after they'd closed for the day; HMS Upholder (submarine, on land); HMS Warrior (first ironclad); HMS Victory...

Not counting all sorts of ferries, whale-watching boats etc.

Beta Tester
256 posts
8,344 battles

Ark Royal, Ocean, Bulwark, Tyne, Northumberland, Defender, Belfast, Victory, Le Redoutable, U-534 and HMS Trincomalee from what I can remember.

[ASEET]
Beta Tester
118 posts
3,953 battles

Only Finnish ships. I have been on:

Hämeenmaa minelayer

Uusimaa minelayer

Katanpää Minehunter

Karjala Gunboat

Also also on Suomen Joutsen.

And many other old wood ships. I don't remember the names.

Players
390 posts
8,555 battles

na-vodi_skela-ram.jpg.264c2a40eb0c3d713ae6e856f2fb684a.jpg

Serbian River Flotilla leader (Skela na Dunavu kod Beočina:cap_cool:)

Very good concealment, guaranteed over penetrations although she lacks serious firepower if not counting the passengers farting.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,384 posts
5,550 battles

Otherwise. As a tourist.

Frigate D. Fernando II e Gloria.

364479.thumb.jpg.1be3a85634aa0af60ac8cd8cdbfe333e.jpg

school ship Sagres.

4.thumb.JPG.4d305e3c412931317112734243ea6ab5.JPG

Next  tall ships event in my country I'll go visit.

NRP_Creoula_001.thumb.jpg.3ffbd991dff013a693ed97c5ab0e4584.jpg

and others.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,057 posts
7,669 battles

I've mostly traveled on the large passenger ferries that go between Helsinki and Stockholm and Helsinki and Tallinn. I've also visited one or two Finnish or Russian icebreakers briefly.

I was present at the ship's christening of MS Fantasy, a Panamax-max size cruise ship, which was ceded to the buyer, an American company called Carnival Cruises, in Helsinki Shipyard. The ship interior looked extravagant to the Finnish eye (meaning: compared to the old, used ferries) and every thing was brand new and gleaming. The ceremony was not unlike the WG video: the ship's godmother threw the bottle on the ship's side (or rather, it was swung with a hanging string), then there was the tour of the ship for guests and crew and snacks in the captain's quarters (or was it the bridge, I don't remember. I was still a kid back then). 

As for warships, I saw one when I visited Baltic Shipyard in St. Petersburg in 1996 (or rather, didn't see one since it was a secret). Naturally, the ship wasn't open for visiting. I think it was being modernized there. We were in holiday there and stayed in the Baltic Shipyard's guest apartments during our stay.

[_MIA_]
Players
2,955 posts
5,366 battles

Was on the STS Sedov this year.

Apart from that: Most ferry ships between Germany/Sweden Germany/Finland Sweden/Finland, belonging to Silja Line, Viking Line, TT-Line, Finnlines...

f.e. GTS Finnjet :Smile_honoring:

Basicly every year for the past 30 years been on 2-4 trips over the Baltic Sea :cap_wander:

Players
2,913 posts
5,171 battles
On 22.12.2017 at 1:30 AM, Butterdoll said:

Next  tall ships event in my country I'll go visit.

Ah the Santa Maria Manuela. Saw her this year in Turku, when we docked in on Sedov. I would upload a pic but the forum is messy right now.

On of the more known ships, that I have been on, was the Estonia, that sunk 1994 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Estonia

Sign in to follow this