MrConway

Campaign "New Year's Celebration"

23 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,891 posts
2,152 battles

Please leave your feedback on the "New Year's Celebration" campaign here.

• Bad 2
  • Angry 2

[H0M0]
[H0M0]
Players
5 posts
911 battles

Why do I need to own the HMS Duke of York to even start the New Year Raid campaign?

The earliest I can get her is in 18 days, when the final set of missions open up, where you get her as a reward.

Edit: I am dissapointed by this campaign, the Battle of North Cape campaign has it's mission locked behind a timer which means I only have 7 days to complete the last set AND the entirety of the New Year Raid Campaign.

So I won't even bother since my goal of the new Scharnhorst skin is unattainable for me in that short amount of time...

• Cool 2

Players
1,481 posts
5,743 battles
52 minutes ago, Taturo said:

Why do I need to own the HMS Duke of York to even start the New Year Raid campaign?

The earliest I can get her is in 18 days, when the final set of missions open up, where you get her as a reward.

Edit: I am dissapointed by this campaign, the Battle of North Cape campaign has it's mission locked behind a timer which means I only have 7 days to complete the last set AND the entirety of the New Year Raid Campaign.

So I won't even bother since my goal of the new Scharnhorst skin is unattainable for me in that short amount of time...

More or less this, exept the Scharnhorst Part.

Players
22 posts
5,308 battles
1 hour ago, Taturo said:

Yes, this is completely unreasonable, especially if one has no interest in Duke of York whatsoever, meaning a portion of users will be shut out of the New Year Campaign.

There is also the fact that some of us have what's known as Real Life ™, and cannot sit at the computer all evening, or not at all on weekends.
These people get screwed over the most by these types of requirements.

Players
34 posts
2,049 battles

I think the reason behind this is because they have also just put the DoY up for sale in the Premium Store. Basically if you want the goodies your gonna have to either grind your [edited]off or pay.

[NSAF]
Players
47 posts
8,945 battles
2 hours ago, Taturo said:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/the-duke/

Campaign Ends on the 18th of January.

Yes but if i finish the North of Cape mission and i win the Duke of York from missions the New Year Raid still excist after 18th January or not?

[NSAF]
Players
47 posts
8,945 battles
1 hour ago, Klopirat said:

according to the announcement no

and i cant play the New Year mission correct? if i dont buy the Duke now.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,872 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, BlackKnight35 sagte:

and i cant play the New Year mission correct? if i dont buy the Duke now.

not now, you have to wait until you finish the DoY campaign

[TOWAR]
Players
4 posts
7,535 battles
14 hours ago, Interceptor_One_EU said:

Yes, this is completely unreasonable, especially if one has no interest in Duke of York whatsoever, meaning a portion of users will be shut out of the New Year Campaign.

There is also the fact that some of us have what's known as Real Life ™, and cannot sit at the computer all evening, or not at all on weekends.
These people get screwed over the most by these types of requirements.

Totally agreed, im a (poor) student and i got Real Life™ to deal with (exams in jan etc.)

i would say im an average-above average player and even that, completing Mission 5 in Battle of North Cape and those 20 tasks in New Year's Raid in just 10 days is really a tight squeeze for me and probably quite a number of players out there.

Moreover, some tasks in New Year's Raid can only be completed in only random games but not ranked games, which means again we even have to choose between Rank 1 vs completing the mission.  In this case, I would definite choose to get Rank 1 rather than this mission giving whole bunch of Tier 6 ships that I already owned.  I dont know whats the plan for WG, but i dont like all these missions and ranked packed all together.

Edited by fab1010
adding own opinion

[BWOLF]
[BWOLF]
Players
115 posts
5,609 battles

Remove the timer from the Battle of North Cape campaign  and all will be good, otherwise  it's disappointing

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts

Locking the campaign behind what amounts to a paywall with a very indifferent Duke of York unless you've completed the Battle of the North Cape and then only having a week to complete it, frankly is a very bad move.

I actively dislike the whole approach and I for one will NOT buy the DoY on principle despite the fact that I buy many of the premium ships. 

Totally unimpressed and very disappointing as the New Years "Celebration" is now a New Years "Grind to make it in time". 

• Cool 2

Players
109 posts
5,688 battles

Have to agree as normal WG want your cash so you can do the New Year missions. 

Was same for Graff Spee mission but I am sure we had far more time to do it.

Typical wargaming money grabbing as always, so much for Xmas goodwill from them.

P.s the Xmas crates are shite paid for 40 small containers and not a single bloody ship.......total bloody joke.

Players
109 posts
5,688 battles

Remove the requirement to use Duke of York on the mission so the more casual players have a chance of getting something. 

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,892 posts
16 hours ago, Dr_Strangefruit said:

Was same for Graff Spee mission but I am sure we had far more time to do it.

It wasn't. Duration is identical for both campaigns (Spee <-> York). With the difference that the York-campaign is more difficult/harsher/grindier than the Spee-campaign, but that the New Year Raid is way easier than the Santa Convoy of 2016 (less steps to be taken, and easier requirements). All in all it balances eachother out.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,052 posts
9,616 battles

Sorry to say this BEEEEEEEEP is a new low to gate a campain after a BEEEP useless prem you have to buy while sucessive steps are not gated behind it? With Hood you made it faster if you had her a total gate off is a new low in geting money of a crap t7 BB..............the non paying users are forced to do the whoule crap in one week after they suceeded in the Northcap campain? sorry you shove this BEEEP somewere were the sun dont shine..........this is totally insulting!!!!

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,891 posts
2,152 battles
On 12/21/2017 at 2:36 PM, BlackKnight35 said:

Yes but if i finish the North of Cape mission and i win the Duke of York from missions the New Year Raid still excist after 18th January or not?

No, the New Year Raid finishes on January 18th. The campaign is however quite easy and you can drop into coop for some of the tasks to make it even quicker. :)

• Angry 1

Players
1,481 posts
5,743 battles
On 27.12.2017 at 8:46 PM, MrConway said:

The campaign is however quite easy and you can drop into coop for some of the tasks to make it even quicker. :)

Like farning 6.000.000 Credits in Co-Op is "easy", even with premium time, money flag and money camo it will take you something around 50-55 Battles or around 1000 minutes/a little more than 16 1/2 hours Battle Time. "Easy" he said... "Fun and engaging"?

[NSAF]
Players
47 posts
8,945 battles
On 27/12/2017 at 9:46 PM, MrConway said:

No, the New Year Raid finishes on January 18th. The campaign is however quite easy and you can drop into coop for some of the tasks to make it even quicker. :)

Thank you for your responce my brother!!!!