Players
1,461 posts
10,617 battles

Really nice operation.

Easy enough the be beatable with randoms - and all ship types are viable :D

Beta Tester
142 posts
970 battles

There are a few problems with it that you have no control over. for example having to chase 1 transport ship that decided to charge ahead with 2-3 cruisers and 2 destroyers shooting at it, while the team is dealing with a BB that just one shot another one from the side. Second is how close the first ships spawn, having a DD apear around an island 5-6km away when everyone on your team just fired on that first gun emplacement has usually resulted in 1 dead or next to dead transport. Cause those bastards wont start to avoid until the very last second even if torps fired from 8km get spotted right away there's going to be no change in direction from that transport til its just about to hit.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,874 posts

Great Ops, just too easy.

Final wave could consists of couple more ships and one of the side tasks could call for holding port for xxx minutes.

Other then that - good job.

• Cool 1

[O-P-C]
Beta Tester
75 posts
3,041 battles

Horribly unbalanced, with bots having maximum aimbot on them, 85%+ hits from maximum range, move prediction aiming(slow down change speed) max buffed shell dmg (side bounces, not hits on angled BB deal 3-4k in the last wave). Both carriers launch aircraft without delay when under fire, Chapayev, Atlanta and Fiji in last wave have 2 sec reload time. Airplanes have HP and dmg buffed above their in game counterparts (when played agains) Air defence reload under 60 sec and range of half the map (last wave it's constantly up, so no possibility to even defend the fleet with fighters) Bot DDs launch torps outside of their range and in non game patterns (clemsons). Also noticed momentary swithching between targets in last wave (atlanta, Fiji Chapa, turning turrets from one to other side during shell reload - that 3-4 sec reload which is bugged)

So very challenging and requires people to play coordinated - which is, well not so common for random - therefore forcing divisions to play. If the bot ships behaved within their normal patterns and not overbuffed above their specs, then it would be a good mission.

I've been top player in 17 consecutive games with over 150K dmg, won 2 with 5 stars, 2 with 4 and that's it = 4 wins of 17 games

TL;DR/

Simply put shells and AA DPS, as well as the amount of armor required is too high for the number of player ships allowed in this scenario. Landing ships are targeted by torps in first 10 sec of the game and they do not evade enough

Players
26 posts
1,161 battles

I agree - seems there is a specific lineup of ships required to be able to win this - no CVs, no DDs ( unless top 3% game players and you cannot get Flamu in every game :) ).Probably 3 UK BBs, and 4 Atlantas/Schors.

Also the bot convoy ships are too stupid (much worse then enemy force) - since torps at the beginning are already launched when the game begins, the only way to save them is to detonate DDs the millisecond they appear, AND then sacrifice health to eat the already launched torps with BBs. Some transport ships even try to ram the Missouri ????

Final wave appears too late, once the players are committed into the landing area, they show within firing range out of thin air

[PINUT]
Players
498 posts
7,813 battles
Am 22.12.2017 um 02:55, Skyllon sagte:

Great Ops, just too easy.

Final wave could consists of couple more ships and one of the side tasks could call for holding port for xxx minutes.

Other then that - good job.

Full agreement here, the mission is fun. Rewards are a bit meh, but it's a nice way to "abuse" plane-XP with the Atlanta and generate tons of ECXP with much lower risks of wasting signals compared to random. At least as long as one is an about average player (in relation to the EU server stats) and in a 2-3 guys Division of roughly equal skill. 

Best round so far with dragon flags and all the fancy stuff plastered all over the ship was  2752 base XP, ~9k FXP, 900k after maintenance fees and more than 40k ECXP.

Got a few 4 star wins as well, where we lost one ship to the Missouri by ramming and then had to kill each and every target. Was also doable, as long as the team wasn't stuffed with AFKler, BBs trailing behind the convoy and/or YOLO-DDs that can't torp Bots to the brim.  We never lost a ship to the initial wave, regardless of its composition. For that to happen one has to either sit in a BB and get shafted by all cruisers having faulty target prioritisation, or being the guy itself who can't hit a DD fast enough to sink it in a cruiser...  

Players
17 posts
3,605 battles

The operation is nice however I am experiencing quite an issue where I get massive FPS drops until the game just gives up and shuts itself down. Don't know if this is a one off or its a persistent issue. 

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,842 posts
3,714 battles

Not sure wether to leave this here or on bug report, but the mission became unwinnable when a transport left the map but we still needed to kill it for the 'destroy all ships' requirement.
Also had it crash the game for me and my division mate.

[4_0_4]
Players
3,792 posts
10,368 battles

The OP is really fun. the onbly thing dragging it down are the players of course. They tend to camp behind the transportships :Smile_facepalm:

[O-P-C]
Beta Tester
75 posts
3,041 battles

to re-state this op is total piece of ox manure - requires teams to play, preferably in clan, then a specific lineup having at least 2 atlantas and schors + KGV. Even then it requires pinpoint precision, and immediate destruction of enemy ships when they appear, and again if more than 2000 soldiers do survive into the bay, then it's 1 shot detonation for the idiotically coded final wave of ships, because only 1 shot from faragut, atlanta, fiji or the fracking capayev specially detonates the landing ships.

Players
3 posts
3,534 battles
20 hours ago, Verdius said:

Not sure wether to leave this here or on bug report, but the mission became unwinnable when a transport left the map but we still needed to kill it for the 'destroy all ships' requirement.
Also had it crash the game for me and my division mate.

I happened three times today for me: no crash but just wandering around without meaning until the game expires and ... you failed! Please fix it!

[BABBY]
Players
241 posts
5,857 battles

I dont know if this was intended but there seems to be a glitch in the objectives. When one of the enemy transports runs away and some of your transports are sunk (so there is not enough troops to fulfill the primary objective) it is impossible to achieve victory by wiping the attacking force. After killing the last attacking ship you are forced to wait till the timer runs out only to face an inevitable defeat. If this was intended then it is IMO a design flaw that leads to a frustrating experience, the mission should end once it is no longer completable (not enough troops, impossible to kill all ships because one escaped). 

naraibug.jpg