MrConway

Ranked Season 8

41 comments in this topic

[GUNUP]
Weekend Tester
535 posts
25,297 battles

Sorry for that Reply, but i cant say more or find more words about Ranked... I my first Thought, i would ask if you can DISABLE the Report System, or do it like World of Tanks (Disable the open Chat)

Problem is, doesnt matter which Ship you play... or what you do, if you Support - Spot - Shoot the Wrong Ship or even IF you are logging in a few Seconds later in the Game because ISP or maybe the Doorbell rings... and you cant press W Button fast enough... but hey, this Little Screenshot its from Ranked Session 8 let me loose all the Fun i "could" have playing Ranked

For sure i know that a Moderator might remove that little Picture, but what so ever. I reported it to the Customer Support with a Survey about Ranked. Because well played. Even if i dont bother with Reports (because thats Standart as a CV Player) surely im Happy, if i get complimented... but is that realy needed?! I just lost 5 Karma on Victorys...

- No Comment -

*edit

[BWOLF]
[BWOLF]
Players
115 posts
5,604 battles
On 12/22/2017 at 11:08 PM, Skycat79 said:

Sorry for that Reply, but i cant say more or find more words about Ranked... I my first Thought, i would ask if you can DISABLE the Report System, or do it like World of Tanks (Disable the open Chat)

Problem is, doesnt matter which Ship you play... or what you do, if you Support - Spot - Shoot the Wrong Ship or even IF you are logging in a few Seconds later in the Game because ISP or maybe the Doorbell rings... and you cant press W Button fast enough... but hey, this Little Screenshot its from Ranked Session 8 let me loose all the Fun i "could" have playing Ranked

For sure i know that a Moderator might remove that little Picture, but what so ever. I reported it to the Customer Support with a Survey about Ranked. Because well played. Even if i dont bother with Reports (because thats Standart as a CV Player) surely im Happy, if i get complimented... but is that realy needed?! I just lost 5 Karma on Victorys...

- No Comment -

*edit

and that's the reason i made the above suggestion :cap_haloween: at least we get lulz

Players
851 posts
7,680 battles

I am rather disappointed it's tier VIII only. Had watched the old Jingles video on youtube and was expecting ranked battles to start at tier V to VI. Maybe it's my own fault for not reading the announcement thoroughly or early enough but still.

Beta Tester
248 posts

It's tier 8 for a single reason. 

Mone....  ermm..

Tirpitz , Loyang and Kidd.

One of them being terrible broken and really not having a fair fight against. GG  hydroacoustic search on a a [edited]DD while other plebs that don't pay money are getting ripped with no possibility of contesting the cap because you know ...someone that paid $$$ can see you in that smoke.  

#pleb #balance

GG WG . Keep these "wanna be competitive pay money" "wanna join a mission , buy ship x" strategies. I know I will not join.

Alpha Tester
52 posts
936 battles

*edit

Edited by Jbnn
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

[GUNUP]
Weekend Tester
535 posts
25,297 battles

I just wonder about the Reason which might be behind the Idea, to start a Ranked Session straight before Christmas or better said "with" the Christmas Sale. Alltough it reminds me more of the T7 Pay 2 Win Ranked then anything else. Every Time its filled up with Tirpitzes, LoYang, Kutusows, Atagos, Enterprise Carriers, even Graf Zeppelins, HSF Harekaze ect ect i cant get all Premships out of my Mind. But the biggest Problem is,to many "Beginners" as usuall, buy them Things or won it of one of those Christmas Crates, went straight into Ranked and dont have a Clue how to use it. And also it seems that hitting the Report Button with better accuracy then the FireButton for what ever Type of Weapon is the other Problem. Surely the higher Rank you get, the "friendly" the Games are and you get Complimented for some good Games. But... hey... i try to find a short Word to be constructive, Ranked needs to be overhauled! At least disable the OPEN Chat, or the Report System, also i would love it to give PINK Players NO Access for the Ranked Battles because even in ClanWars that Works - IF you are PINK doesnt matter if it was an Accident or not - your not allowed to join ClanWars. I mean okay, i made it to Rank 10 (how i did that, dont know)

But straight away said, i played 3 Battles on the Start and im already pissed off because the Saltyness and the Toxicity raised to a Level which is sadly higher then my Tolerance. Sorry to say that.

Players
851 posts
7,680 battles
Vor 23 Stunden, clocky sagte:

It's tier 8 for a single reason. 

Mone....  ermm..

Oh!

And here I thought they just hate new players ;-)

I mean... between this and the matchmaking in Random, where you constantly have to fight two tiers above your weight...

Beta Tester
248 posts

That is not a problem in WowS (unlike WOT) ,  especially if you are a DD. For other classes , yes - that might be a problem.

Anyway , bumping ranked to tier 8 is solely done  because of WG's greed. Most competitive ships are premium. Probably this game is not feeding them well and drastic measures have been taken.

I paid my contribution for beta access  , not paying anything anymore. Too much frustration in-game to pay money for it.

Players
1,469 posts
5,724 battles

After, at this moment, 29 played games (16win/13lose) and some streams I watched I'm inclined to say: "Remove premiums from ranked."

I lost so far every game with a LoYang, Kutusow and/or Atago in the enemy team.

It seems like it is all over the same shait that happened in Season 6 with HMS Payfast.

(Yes I know, this will never ever happen but someone has to say it - running/hiding like a little girl and spamming fire is as hard as playing Eddy in Tekken)

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,537 posts
6,372 battles

Positives:

• Tier 8. We get an actually competitive tier

Negatives:

• Timing. CB just ended, there is basically no break between competitive gamemodes. Also Christmas & New Year.
  • No BB limit (yeah, I'm saying that as a BB player). If memory serves me correctly there was a season with like a 2 BB limit - why can't that be applied now aswell? There was no problem to limit teams to 1 BB in CB. 4...5 BBs per side simply is not fun to anyone. If you want to play a BB - be prepared to wait in a queue.
  • No DD limit. Same as with BBs - if 4...5 of the 7 ships are DDs that's not fun for anyone.
  • Half of the maps are from CB. Is the map rotation really that small that we need to play these and only these maps? I've seen more than enough of those 4 again and again and again in the past 9 weeks of CB, I really don't want to keep playing on that same limited map pool. Nice to have some extras thrown in, but almost every game is still played on those same 4 maps
  • Is there something off with the team balance rank-wise? As far as I can remember both team average ranks always were almost identical (as close as possible basically) while right now I'm seeing games with 2 full rank difference playing against each other. Of course, rank doesn't quite show how skilled the player is, not this early, but a higher rank has far better chance to perform better, obviously.
  • Ships like Kidd and LoYang. Literally the same case as Payfast and Saipan at tier 7.
  • Rewards are meh at best. Want the flags? Get to 12. If you want the 250g then get to 11. Past 11 it's worth playing just for the sake of it, those rewards are not worth chasing after. And then for those who will score rank 1 -> I heard you get literally half of what you got usually? And then for 7th rank 1 - just some camos for Flint and Black, while this is just my opinion but I'd say that it's probably a massive disappointment for those who looked forward to it. 3 was a ship, so was 5, why not 7?

• Cool 2

[BKT]
Players
8 posts
16 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

After, at this moment, 29 played games (16win/13lose) and some streams I watched I'm inclined to say: "Remove premiums from ranked."

I lost so far every game with a LoYang, Kutusow and/or Atago in the enemy team.

It seems like it is all over the same shait that happened in Season 6 with HMS Payfast.

(Yes I know, this will never ever happen but someone has to say it - running/hiding like a little girl and spamming fire is as hard as playing Eddy in Tekken)

I'm saying this as a still fairly new player with only two Tier 8s to my name - Amagi and Edinburgh.

Lo Yang is a very strong ship in Ranked Battles, it's true - I've seen several Lo Yang carries. I'm actually tempted to buy it because of this. However, just because you have a Lo Yang on your team doesn't mean you're better off. I've seen some really stupid things done in this ship in ranked battles.

Kutzuhov is strong but not overpowered - the entire team usually focuses the Kutzuhov as soon as they can in my experience. I've never seen a Kutzuhov finish above 3rd in any of my 19 games, but maybe that's just because I'm only Rank 14.

Atago though? All the Atago players I've seen in Ranked Battles have been pretty useless. They don't seem to know whether they're coming or going and usually end up dead fairly quickly.

I've only seen one Kidd so far and myself and a Benson focused it early (I was in the Edinburgh).

In fact, aside from all the HE wallet warriors in the Tirpitzes (no offense intended if you're not one of these), I really like the T8 ranked season so far in terms of the ships/balance etc (bearing in mind that I only ever did the T6 ranked season before this).

Alpha Tester
229 posts
3,561 battles

Well T8 this time around is fine, there are quiet some ships that can handle everything, yet there is also some ballance issiues.For example If one has picked IJN CV line and got a decent Shoukaku running, then NO USN CV EVER will even be competable. After the nerf for USN it got even worse than bevor. 1 Fighter squad cant realy HOPE to take on 3 of IJN, and their total plane amount is the same thus IJN wins every time and can affort to lose quiet some planes in the process.

The second problem like in all other ranked is the fact that people misjudge it to be just another random wich leads to most matches being a stupid campfest rather than a try to do something AND help others on the way. If 2 people decide what will be done 10 seconds bevor the match starts for example, every other person NOT SEEING THIS CHAT will ignore it and go elsewhere or even nowhere near close to the cap points.

Next up is the Kii vs Alabama problem. Alabama is powerfull yes, yet she has the same weakpoints than NC, wich make her prone to get citadelled easily by IJN gunfire. AA wise both are way above their tier (easily the 2 best AA ships in the game as of this point without taking Defensive fire into acount) thus make CV attacks obsolete prior to launching them (i had a noob Enterprise attacking my Kii 4 times, with all planes lost and then called me cheater... same went for a tirpitz that got torped, didnt they read the memo about Kii being outfitted with 1944 AA guns of IJN as well as Long Lance launchers?).

Next up is the overuse of BB and CL/CA here. This time around i noticed that most people avoid being a DD. T8 has some of the finest DD all around especiel considering their all big ship hunters here. Without at least those things scouting it can become a slaughterfest if a CL/CA decides to cap a point thats being observed by a british BB, and we all know how well hidden they are. I would love that WG would change current scout plane behavior so we can actualy SCOUT with that thing (and scratch the range upgrade... you cant posibly think that only because i launched a plane that my guns are SUDDENLY able to aim much higher thus gain more range. able to see from above yes, more range NOPE!(would actualy scrap more range for better aim, thats how scout planes worked anyway)

Next and last up is again (like alway's) the fact that most people playing WOWS are just plain casuals. They forget that one needs to give it their all in all situations, may it be RL or Gaming. People forget the basics too, they tend to broadside with their BB all day and recieve the beating for it, yet some matches later : EXACTLY THE SAME FROM THE SAME PERSON. Another point in this is the ability to buy T8 prems with ease. Some time ago (like 10 months or so) i suggested not being able to buy T8 prems without having at least a T7 ship in the habor, thus making it imposible to drive something wich you have no idea about. (imagine a 12 year old buying the tirpitz, first match ever in random, driving like a german BB would right into the enemy because the legend states that the bismarck class can take a beating (wich she cant obviously) and then ragequits and insults because of that... its a common sight i know... especiel in ranked)

On 12/25/2017 at 10:51 AM, Viperff01 said:

"Atago though? All the Atago players I've seen in Ranked Battles have been pretty useless. They don't seem to know whether they're coming or going and usually end up dead fairly quickly."

Well thats because most people abandon Atago/Takao user as soon as they start doing their job, wich is fire support and scouting (because of their high concealment compared to other cruisers and ofc their manouverability). I drive both of them yet in ranked? its just plain stupid to be outranged by BB and not able to get close enogh because your own AVOID the cap points and even the close vicinity of them even without DD in the match. Atago/Takao is still one of the best CA in the game if one can handle her, yet that relais mostly on a coordinated assault and a BB that goes in and tanks the enemy.

[BOAT]
Players
104 posts
1,931 battles
9 minutes ago, Cmdr_Kouta said:

Another point in this is the ability to buy T8 prems with ease. Some time ago (like 10 months or so) i suggested not being able to buy T8 prems without having at least a T7 ship in the habor, thus making it imposible to drive something wich you have no idea about. (imagine a 12 year old buying the tirpitz, first match ever in random, driving like a german BB would right into the enemy because the legend states that the bismarck class can take a beating (wich she cant obviously) and then ragequits and insults because of that... its a common sight i know... especiel in ranked)

Maybe they should limit Ranked Battles to players that have achieved the top service record rank?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,537 posts
6,372 battles
4 hours ago, siramra said:

What am I missing here?

Isn`t ranked tier 8?

Ranked.PNG

When you reach Rank 1 it's always a separate battle group with a separate tier - 10 in this case. But as far as I know noone plays them anyway, so unless you want to spend whole day in queue hoping to get enough people together you can ignore it

• Cool 1

[GUNUP]
Weekend Tester
535 posts
25,297 battles

I just reply it here again...

There are 4 easy Ways to make Ranked even more Friendly or Easy or Fun to play (at least in my Eyes)

1. Disable the Report System for your Team and also for the Enemy Team. Same for the Compliment Section. The Reason for that isnt crying, it is just the Fact you get Reported for Winning you get Reported for loosing, you get Reported for sailing the wrong Way, for having good Shots, having good "Decaps" and even if you achive a Bunch of Medals like CloseCombat,HighCaliber or Confed you get Reportet.

2. Disable the OPEN Chat in the Game, let it please stay with the TeamChat... barely hard enough to understand all Languages which are used in Ranked but the jelling and crying in the OPEN Chat (guess in World of Tanks it is already disabled?!) is no need and no Place for it. And maybe it helps also to Concentrate more on the Game instead of having Personal Funny or Flirt Messages or HARDCORE Insults in the Chat.

3. How about a limitation of ShipClasses like Teambattles, ClanBattles or even PvE Missions? How about 1 CV (if there is one) if not 2 BBs, 2 or 3 Cruisers and 2 or 3 DDs? Happend serval Times that i run into Torpedobeat Mode again, because 5 DDs in Enemy Team and my...

4. Disable the Option to ENTER the Ranked Battles if your PINK!!! Doesnt matter if its your fault that your Pink, or if its not your fault. Fact is, having a Pink Player in the Team increases "sadly" the Risk of getting Teamkilled by him... at least my last Situations. Or he did the same and TK one of your Team because he loves it.

• Cool 1

[GUNUP]
Weekend Tester
535 posts
25,297 battles
On 27.12.2017 at 2:12 AM, Skycat79 said:

Happend serval Times that i run into Torpedobeat Mode again, because 5 DDs in Enemy Team and my...

By some Reason i missed the Screenshot of that Game i had yesterday. 1 Battleship, which was a Monarch on my Team / Amagi on Enemyteam. Charles Martel vs Kutusow (but thats "OK" so far) but then... 3 LoYangs on my Side, Benson and Kiew / 3 LoYangs on EnemyTeam, HinsengYang (T8 PA, dont know if Name spelled right) and Ognevoi. Which basicly means - 5 vs 5 DDs! Guess what happend. Just a WG Torpedosoup ... that wasnt funny anymore, thats why i recommented the Limitation of Ship/ShipClasses.

Players
4 posts
3,526 battles

Hey guys

This year I'm trying to play Ranked a bit more serious. Now, I don't want to sound too arrogant but I consider myself as a good player. But I have a problem. How do you guys deal with all these less skilled players on your teams?? Do you rage? Are you trying to be helpfull? Is it just the weekend and all the tomatoes are here? I'm giving 110% and I cannot improve my rank (15). My face really hurts from all the facepalms I have given to myself.

I play mostly cruisers and the amount of broadside driving BBs is just out of this world. I really don't get it. Why is it so hard to angle?

Anyway, have fun.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,537 posts
6,372 battles
3 hours ago, Moving_Chicane said:

How do you guys deal with all these less skilled players on your teams??

Fingers crossed that you won't meet that guy ever again and pray to the RNGesus :Smile_teethhappy:

Do you rage?

Sadly enough I do get salty in ranked way more often than I should, usually take a break after that. Raging will just damage teams morale and make you even less focused than you already are - and since noone rages when they are winning -> this really won't help to fix your losing situation.

I think Strangers123 explained this well in this one:

Are you trying to be helpfull?

I usually drop some ideas in the chat (for example "Chapa I'm unspotted we can cap it!" or "Hipper's flanking around the 9 line" or "Kutuzovs running, don't chase!") and check who's actually reacting to those - and then I try to work with those people who did as they are paying more attention and are more interested in some teamwork :cap_like: Far easier to win as a team than solo (altho I got my first Solo Warrior in one match <3)

Is it just the weekend and all the tomatoes are here?

It's holiday season, more potatoes are playing, definitely. But you have to be able to carry them.

Basically go with the idea of "don't expect teamwork from your team - be the one who creates it".

Each player has their own idea and tactics of what to do, and sometimes those plans don't overlap - that doesn't immediately make that bad. You want everyone to go A but a Amagi goes to B side? Fine, go get the A,  he might be able to catch their push and force them into a worse position - broadside to you or to him.

I'm giving 110% and I cannot improve my rank (15). My face really hurts from all the facepalms I have given to myself.

I feel like I was stuck in 14 forever, but I managed to get through. Mental state is quite important - if you are in a good mood you'll perform far better than if you are angry.

I play mostly cruisers

Well, I'd say then it really is going to be hard for you. This season was predicted - and it really is - to be very DD and BB heavy. Don't play Rambo, you'll just get gunned down. Be a support ship to your allies. Protect them from torps, scare away DDs. Gun down a BB if you can while not taking hits in return. If you play selfishly like people normally do in randoms you won't get far, you have to work with the team for the win.

[GUNUP]
Weekend Tester
535 posts
25,297 battles

I just want to add something here about the Report System (even if that topic is already old, rusty and dusty too)

Example 1:

Was playing a Monarch in Ranked (maybe its not the best Choice in Ranked but ok) i was decapping and decapping all over, with 12 Badges on the End and by what ever RNG Reason, i cant get Decent Shots out to an Enemy Amagi. Well, happends. But then one Player in my Team started bitching all over, including the Fact he was saying, "oh i just see you are poor, your Stats are poor, REPORTED", just endet the Battle because of a Defeat - it says, you have been Reported 3 Times with the Result of a Chatban (which lasts nearly until 23.53 yesterday) so Happy new Year... i asked the Customer Support about that Situation added the Replay, Screenshot including a PM he send me afterwards... the CS replied, Sorry we cant do anything about that. Same as we cant interact with the InGame Report System. And it doesnt matter, IF the Player Reported you using the wrong Report for "Play Poorly" he used "Missbeh. for Chat", which might be wrong! (this are the Words from CS...) then we cant do anything about that, even if it was wrong.

So yes, i have to play banned... cant talk, cant write... and wait until the Chatban was over.

Example 2:

Was playing a PA DD, the Regular Version of T8 in Ranked. All okay till now, then something happend just on the Start. Because actually i was on the Toilet and cant start the Ranked "IN TIME", i started it just Five Seconds later. Already read in the Chat, OMG our DD is AFK Report him. Other Players just replied, Reported too... end of the Battle, "You have been Reported 5 Times." What the Heck is wrong?! I mean, cant WG just use an Indicator maybe for showing which Player is "IN" the Game and which Player is just "AFK" or "NOT CONNECTED", because thats the same Issue what happend a lot in Randoms. They just enter the Battle and sit there ... still... well at least you may see it by the Turrets, if they looking or stay straight - he havent even connected. If they are moving to the Position maybe 45° to the Hull, but the Player dont move... well thats some other Fact, might be a Bot, or might be a Player who wont play... or what ever.

Im not even sure about this Ranked Session again... it just makes me SICK sometimes what u read in the Chat because you did 200% a Misstake in somebodys Eyes. And also what i posted above already, Please Disable the OPEN Chat in Ranked. Since a lot Players get Reported by the Enemy Team as well, since someone jelling please Report that Noob AFK DD thank you, causing you even more Reports.

[GUNUP]
Weekend Tester
535 posts
25,297 battles
On 25.12.2017 at 5:28 AM, wilkatis_LV said:
  • No BB limit (yeah, I'm saying that as a BB player). If memory serves me correctly there was a season with like a 2 BB limit - why can't that be applied now aswell? There was no problem to limit teams to 1 BB in CB. 4...5 BBs per side simply is not fun to anyone. If you want to play a BB - be prepared to wait in a queue.
  • No DD limit. Same as with BBs - if 4...5 of the 7 ships are DDs that's not fun for anyone.

Thats defo a +1 and a Compliment what i want to use here. Thats what i already mentioned in my Post here: 1 Battleship, which was a Monarch on my Team / Amagi on Enemyteam. Charles Martel vs Kutusow (but thats "OK" so far) but then... 3 LoYangs on my Side, Benson and Kiew / 3 LoYangs on EnemyTeam, HinsengYang (T8 PA, dont know if Name spelled right) and Ognevoi. Which basicly means - 5 vs 5 DDs!

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,537 posts
6,372 battles
33 minutes ago, Skycat79 said:

a Monarch on my Team

that already made me feel sorry for you :Smile_teethhappy: if there is one ship you really don't want to see on your team this season - it's Monarch. Unless there is some at least semi-important armour zone that is between 68 and 94 mm thick - there is nothing Monarch does better than other BBs.

• Funny 1