You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

FYI: the requirements for the "North Cape" (Duke of York) campaign are way more specific/harder than those for the Graf Spee of 2016.

68 comments in this topic

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,867 posts

I feel sorry for those who don't have a lot of time to devote to this, or don't own T5+ German or British ships. 

All to be done with T5+ ships, in PVP only (so ranked or random)

Part 1:

5* needed for Final Task of part 1 (all are T5+) All need to be done in Random or Ranked battles.

1* tasks:Spot 1 German BB in a UK Cruiser, Hit Cruisers 50x w/any armament in BB's

2* tasks: Hit BB's 250x w/any armament in cruisers, Cause 75k dmg to BB's in cruisers

3* task: Win and survive a battle where you did 20k dmg to cruisers with the Duke of York.

Final Task: 25k xp after modifiers.

Part 2:

5* for final task of part 2

1* tasks:250k potential dmg, survive, and win in a cruiser, Incap or destroy 25 modules

2* Tasks: 100k dmg to German ships, Hit BB's 200x in a cruiser.

3* task: 500k potential dmg, survive, win in DoY

Final task: 30k xp after modifiers

Part 3:

5* for final task of part 3

1* tasks: 1st to spot 1 UK ship in a German ship, 1st to spot 1 German ship in a UK ship

2* tasks: 1st to spot 12 enemy BB's, 50k dmg to BB's in a single battle

3* task: Get 5 Citadel hits in the DoY

Final task: 35k xp after modifiers.

Part 4:

6* for final task of part 4

1* tasks: 150k dmg to BB's in a BB, Incap or destroy 3 main batteries with BB's

2* tasks: Earn 1 Dreadnought, Earn 1 High Caliber

3* task: 50k dmg to BB's in DoY

Final task: 40k xp after modifiers

Part 5:

6* for final task of part 5

1* tasks: Hit enemy ships with torps 11x in UK DD's or Cruisers. Destroy 10 BB's

2* tasks: 75k xp after modifiers, 90k dmg with torps in DD's or Cruisers in a single battle

3* task: 1 Dev Strike in DoY

Final Task: 45k xp after modifiers

The requirements for the Graf Spee were incremental amounts of BXP and XP after modifiers, to be done in PvP or PvE, with any ship that was T5+.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
6,738 battles

Great. Can't wait to see the requirements for the New Year Raid campaign.

[TTT]
Players
3,549 posts
7,443 battles

harder than Spee? Yes, definitely, but that really isnt saying much... this still seems very easy to me, if not quite as trivial as the Spee was

Players
877 posts
11,126 battles

Ouch. And all this in the holidays. I guess I won't even bother. I get that they are trying to go down in a thematic way, which is not a bad idea in itself, but... nah.

If I'll have too much trouble falling asleep at nights over this, then I'll just slap a permacamo on the KGV, done deal. But frankly, I'd not test my sanity even for something more interesting in such a way. 

It seems doable, sure, but I don't feel like running around chasing german BBs for two weeks and such.

• Cool 6

[CAIN]
[CAIN]
Players
2,706 posts
10,505 battles

It seems WG mission designers don't know that holidays are that time of year where most people try to relax.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[BYOB]
Players
2,675 posts
9,802 battles
5 minutes ago, AkosJaccik said:

Ouch. And all this in the holidays. I guess I won't even bother. I get that they are trying to go down in a thematic way, which is not a bad idea in itself, but... nah.

If I'll have too much trouble falling asleep at nights over this, then I'll just slap a permacamo on the KGV, done deal. But frankly, I'd not test my sanity even for something more interesting in such a way. 

It seems doable, sure, but I don't feel like running around chasing german BBs for two weeks and such.

Agreed, the way the event is locked behind a time gate and how the tasks are structured makes it unappealing, especially since parallel to the campaign there's ranked and holidays.

I can easily do the early stages in an Atlanta, but then it becomes a tedious grind. Don't think I'll bother too hard.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,201 posts
13,924 battles

Edit::::::

I Am wrong Link to mission posted below by @WolfGewehr,,, Remember you ca repeat these missions to get star

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Battle_of_the_North_Cape

@MrFingerswhere did you get this from?

Just to be clear this is not the missions TO GET THE DoY its the missions after. 

Look at the missions many of them you NEED the DoY to Do them. So it must be in January NOT over the holidays 

Part 1:

5* needed for Final Task of part 1 (all are T5+) All need to be done in Random or Ranked battles.

1* tasks:Spot 1 German BB in a UK Cruiser, Hit Cruisers 50x w/any armament in BB's

2* tasks: Hit BB's 250x w/any armament in cruisers, Cause 75k dmg to BB's in cruisers

3* task: Win and survive a battle where you did 20k dmg to cruisers with the Duke of York.

Final Task: 25k xp after modifiers.

Part 2:

5* for final task of part 2

1* tasks:250k potential dmg, survive, and win in a cruiser, Incap or destroy 25 modules

2* Tasks: 100k dmg to German ships, Hit BB's 200x in a cruiser.

3* task: 500k potential dmg, survive, win in DoY

Final task: 30k xp after modifiers

Part 3:

5* for final task of part 3

1* tasks: 1st to spot 1 UK ship in a German ship, 1st to spot 1 German ship in a UK ship

2* tasks: 1st to spot 12 enemy BB's, 50k dmg to BB's in a single battle

3* task: Get 5 Citadel hits in the DoY

Final task: 35k xp after modifiers.

Part 4:

6* for final task of part 4

1* tasks: 150k dmg to BB's in a BB, Incap or destroy 3 main batteries with BB's

2* tasks: Earn 1 Dreadnought, Earn 1 High Caliber

3* task: 50k dmg to BB's in DoY

Final task: 40k xp after modifiers

Part 5:

1* tasks: Hit enemy ships with torps 11x in UK DD's or Cruisers. Destroy 10 BB's

2* tasks: 75k xp after modifiers, 90k dmg with torps in DD's or Cruisers in a single battle

• Cool 1

[PC]
Players
81 posts
5 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Just to be clear this is not the missions TO GET THE DoY its the missions after. 

Look at the missions many of them you NEED the DoY to Do

The ones needing DoY is probably for those who bought DoY from the shop. Was the same thing with Hood.

• Cool 2

Players
131 posts
1,010 battles

Muahaha... now I feel stupid for whining about how crappy DOY is.... as these missions are structured in the way which absolutely annihilates fun and creates frustration.

I am sooo not gonna play this at all.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,201 posts
13,924 battles
4 minutes ago, Reckie said:

No, thats the missions, the ones needing DoY is just there for those who dont want to grind it and buy it directly from the shop. Was the same thing with Hood.

But the Hood mission were not to get the HOOD. The Hood mission were mission that you could do and if you had the Hood you had EXTRA mission.

Hood was never a winable ship

Look at the Graf Spee mission @MrFingers posted there was no EXTRE mission if you had bought the Ship

[PC]
Players
81 posts
Just now, T0byJug said:

But the Hood mission were not to get the HOOD. The Hood mission were mission that you could do and if you had the Hood you had EXTRA mission.

I know, im just trying to explain that missions posted here probably is the current ones and if you buy DoY you will get access to some extra missions that reward more stars.

[POP]
Players
287 posts
7,125 battles

These missions must have been done by WG-EU as they promote selfish yolo-tactics.

:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,992 battles

Only the 4th sets of mission seems to be annoying  (medal dependant for the larger amount of pins) but the rest are not that time consuming or difficult. 

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,558 posts
9,082 battles

I don't mind the missions being difficult.
It is a premium T7 BB after all.

That beind said, I'm never pleased with seeing missions reserved for ships of a certain nation. 
I understand that they're going with a theme, but locking people who don't have those ships out of a third of those missions is frustrating. This spoken as someone who has no issue abusing his Fiji.
The ones where you have to shoot at German ships aren't too bad considering that there are minimum 2 German BBs per side in every match at all time, but on principle, I don't like them too much.

It bears repeating though, I don't mind the difficulty of the missions.

[BYOB]
Players
2,675 posts
9,802 battles
14 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Look at the Graf Spee mission @MrFingers posted there was no EXTRE mission if you had bought the Ship

Here's the blurb from the briefing article:

If a player buys Duke of York in the premium shop and then receives the campaign reward, they will be compensated with 14,700,000 credits.

If a player receives Duke of York for completing the campaign and then buys the Duke of York bundle in the Premium shop, they will be compensated with 9,800 doubloons.

So you're in the wrong, and as @MrFingers and @WolfGewehr wrote those missions are indeed from the DoY campaign.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,201 posts
13,924 battles
2 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

Well, here some sort of source for OP:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Battle_of_the_North_Cape

well its not that bad then.. you dont have to do them all. You can repeat them. and remember with Prem account you can have 3 missions open.

Look all have 2 star missions to hit BBs with CA/CL guns for example hitting can be done quit Quickly or being first to spot 10 BB (DD or CV and you are made)

do 50K damage to a BBs in a single battle....  these are all very dooble

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,201 posts
13,924 battles
4 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

I don't mind the missions being difficult.
It is a premium T7 BB after all.

That beind said, I'm never pleased with seeing missions reserved for ships of a certain nation. 
I understand that they're going with a theme, but locking people who don't have those ships out of a third of those missions is frustrating. This spoken as someone who has no issue abusing his Fiji.
The ones where you have to shoot at German ships aren't too bad considering that there are minimum 2 German BBs per side in every match at all time, but on principle, I don't like them too much.

It bears repeating though, I don't mind the difficulty of the missions.

At least its only the 1 star  missions that are nation specific (2star in set 5)

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,201 posts
13,924 battles
3 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Here's the blurb from the briefing article:

So you're in the wrong, and as @MrFingers and @WolfGewehr wrote those missions are indeed from the DoY campaign.

Indeed and that can be seen if you post link to information... AS @WolfGewehr did. 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Beta Tester
208 posts

Missions may be harder but still are extremely easy. The biggest flaw is that they releasing those missions too slow. I'd rather have them available all at once and if they want to sell more dukes just don't award them till last week. 

[ALYEN]
Players
555 posts
2,082 battles

Thanks WG, no way I can do mission 4, so I won't even bother .... the rest is manageable with DDs and the Atlanta/Fiji that I have ... I wonder how CV mains feel about the selection ...

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,590 battles

Well, the level of nation-specific content in this campaign is staggering... and it's nation-specific on both sides, even (be in a ship of specific nation and type and do something to enemy ships of specific nation and type). This is ridiculous... ARP Nachi mission was borderline sensible compared to this sh*t.

Players
3,448 posts
7,226 battles

The first 4 weeks look pretty straightforward, but then week 5:

2 hours ago, MrFingers said:

Part 5:

is absolutely  brutal.

Bear in mind that this is the gateway to the NYR campaign and that both end on the same day, that leaves you with 7 days to do both the above AND the NYR campaign.

How would you do it if you don't already have HMS Gallant?  Suicide in with something like Emerald for 11 torp hits and repeat that 4 or 5 times?  Try to grind out 225,000 XP loaded up with flags and premium time? 

Edit:

I may be wrong, is this the B.o.N.C mission or the NYR one?

Edit 2: 

I'm not wrong, this is the BONC mission

So this year's Christmas special is spend £30 on a garbage premium to access the NYR mission or go play Tetris instead.

• Cool 2