You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SovietFury43

Back to Warships after a 7 months leave

20 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,454 battles

What a disappointment.

Stealth fire removed and nothing given to compensate. Tried playing my Akizuki again, was not very fun.

Almost every match still has 6 BBs per team (especially German ones). I have not checked, but i am guessing BBs are still by far the most played ship class.

Carriers are still an endangered species.

BBs still provide their own AA cover (not that it really matters, since carriers are still a rarity).

Japanese DDs are still a joke.

Torps in general are still a joke.

BBs still nuke Cruisers with retarded lucky hits at extreme angles, while dodging etc.

I don't know if they made any changes to that, but it seems fires now seem happen a lot less?

Basically the trend that caused me to leave 7 months ago still seems very much alive. The game is being dumbed down across the board to make it easier for whining BB players.

Shame. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 2

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,296 posts
11,167 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, SovietFury43 sagte:

I don't know if they made any changes to that, but it seems fires now seem happen a lot less?

They don't happen less, but the fire time for Non-BBs has been reduced so they take less damage.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,463 posts
7,850 battles
3 hours ago, SovietFury43 said:

Almost every match still has 6 BBs per team

Seeing as 5 per team is the soft cap, I find that very hard to believe.

Players
2,297 posts
4 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Seeing as 5 per team is the soft cap, I find that very hard to believe.

OP did virtually the same post back in august the last time he played (4 months ago) ... Attention seeker.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,463 posts
7,850 battles
5 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Yesterday I had a match with 8 BBs on one side. That soft cap is a joke :fish_panic:

Yeah, and I've had battles with zero BBs (not at tier 1-2).

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,040 posts
5,603 battles
4 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

OP did virtually the same post back in august the last time he played (4 months ago) ... Attention seeker.

Thx for noting that. I had a feeling that something smells fishy about him.

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,908 posts
25,204 battles
7 hours ago, SovietFury43 said:

What a disappointment.

WG should have known better than to give any updates whilst you were away for 7, oops, I mean 4 months ago. 

[CSN]
Players
311 posts
2,770 battles
8 hours ago, SovietFury43 said:

What a disappointment.

Stealth fire removed and nothing given to compensate. Tried playing my Akizuki again, was not very fun.

Almost every match still has 6 BBs per team (especially German ones). I have not checked, but i am guessing BBs are still by far the most played ship class.

Carriers are still an endangered species.

BBs still provide their own AA cover (not that it really matters, since carriers are still a rarity).

Japanese DDs are still a joke.

Torps in general are still a joke.

BBs still nuke Cruisers with retarded lucky hits at extreme angles, while dodging etc.

Basically the trend that caused me to leave 7 months ago still seems very much alive. The game is being dumbed down across the board to make it easier for whining BB players.

Shame. 

mqdefault.jpg

Players
2,297 posts

The 7 months ago/4 months ago post by OP posted in August :Smile_smile:

Hello again people!

After a few months break i decided to resume playing World of Battleships! Boy do i already regret it. 

The first thing i am greeted with is the removal of stealth fire with nothing to compensate for certain ships that relied on it (Akizuki), and no commander skill reset to compensate for the skills that are now useless on certain ships. Next i come under fire from secondary's by two German BBs at 11km, YAY! German BBs are still the special needs class of World of Battleships! 

Next match i take the Belfast only to realize to my sheer horror that the smoke on the British cruisers is STILL bugged! What in the actual [edited]Wargaming?! Are you [edited]kidding me right now?! But ok, i manage to survive that somehow without losing to much health. Only problem is after that i get citadeled by a Colorado twice while angled right after that losing 90% hp.

So i take out my Fletcher only to be greeted by yet another nasty surprise! Every time i even dare fire my guns my ship lights up like a god damn Christmas tree for the whole enemy team to see and shoot! Forget any kind of stealth play at this point, the moment you dare attack anyone the whole enemy team knows where you are! 

The BB population explosion has gotten even worse from what i can tell because literally every match has at least 6 BBs on each team (and over half of those are German BBs)! Carriers are still barely played at all. DDs now can't rely on stealth any more, i suppose Wargaming thinks DDs are supposed to slug it out directly with German BBs or [edited]around with torpedoes for half an our that the German BB is going to detect with his hydrophones and dodge with his cruiser level turning any way. And BBs STILL readily citadel cruisers while they are angled and dodging.

At this point they can literally rename the game into World of German Battleships. There is no point in playing anything else any more.
To hell with this game, i am going back to War Thunder. 

Wargaming you fucked it up! AGAIN!

At the moment the OP has actually gone back to Warthunder as he is peppering the WT forums with whine about Warthunder.:Smile_teethhappy:

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,649 posts
9,230 battles

Shooting the messenger without even looking at the message...

Oh these forums...

Tell me though, is he wrong?
Can you take a look at a single point he made save for maybe the Akizuki one and honestly say that he's wrong?

Cruiser survival below T10 is a joke
IJN DDs are still idiotic
BBs are still a too large chunk of the matches
BBs are getting more and more AA (seriously, even projected French BB AA is idiotically high)
CVs are still awful 

Can you stop focusing on the OP's posting habits and actually think about what's been said?
I've literally pushed two new players into starting the game, steered them towards an easy, forgiving cruiser branch, and they both of their own free will after a few days away from my guidance jumped to grinding BBs.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
14,055 posts
10,545 battles
36 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Shooting the messenger without even looking at the message...

Oh these forums...

Tell me though, is he wrong?
Can you take a look at a single point he made save for maybe the Akizuki one and honestly say that he's wrong?

Cruiser survival below T10 is a joke
IJN DDs are still idiotic
BBs are still a too large chunk of the matches
BBs are getting more and more AA (seriously, even projected French BB AA is idiotically high)
CVs are still awful 

Can you stop focusing on the OP's posting habits and actually think about what's been said?
I've literally pushed two new players into starting the game, steered them towards an easy, forgiving cruiser branch, and they both of their own free will after a few days away from my guidance jumped to grinding BBs.

Yes. And by eliminating the Akizuki argument, you found a counterpoint yourself.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,649 posts
9,230 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Yes. And by eliminating the Akizuki argument, you found a counterpoint yourself.

Fantastic way of argumenting...

Not only is the Akizuki very arguable, since you need a 17 to 19pt captain just to make her playable, and even then she's extremely hard to play, but you haven't detailed at ALL any of the other points.

Please explain how BBs aren't still overrepresented
Please explain how cruiser survivability isn't still awful below T10
Please explain how the ever increasing AA on BBs isn't still a thing
Please explain how CVs being laughably absent isn't still a thing
Please explain how IJN DDs are getting the shaft patch after patch, with the latest branch 100% usurping their prime purpose all while being better gunboats as well

Go ahead, I'll be right here.

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,296 posts
11,167 battles
Vor 48 Minuten, Exocet6951 sagte:

Please explain how cruiser survivability isn't still awful below T10

Can't really say my cruisers have a problem surviving ^^

af86462e55.png

(from last 106 days)

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,185 posts
10,155 battles
10 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

That is why it is called a soft cap, not a hard cap.

More than 5 BB are really rare.

Tbh less than 4 BBs per team (on high tiers) is quite rare as well...

[CATS]
Players
14,055 posts
10,545 battles
2 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

Fantastic way of argumenting...

Not only is the Akizuki very arguable, since you need a 17 to 19pt captain just to make her playable, and even then she's extremely hard to play, but you haven't detailed at ALL any of the other points.

She needs a 10 to 14 point captain and that did not change by removing stealth fire.

And since you did ask for one point:

No, torps are not a joke. Some torps could be better, but in general they are a good tool and most of them did not change for the worse.

Players
390 posts
8,603 battles
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:29 AM, Commander_Cornflakes said:

They don't happen less, but the fire time for Non-BBs has been reduced so they take less damage.

Was reading random topics, when ran onto your signature .gif with the "players with wr" jumping.

Laughed my [edited]off...