Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
clocky

So about that Vampire

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
248 posts

So wasn't too serious about the ship , even forgot about it until it popped into my port - must have completed the missions on past weekend - as i really don't like tier 3 at all. But hey , got it by mistake - fine - lets just have a few games. 

 

I was starting to wonder why is WG giving this ship , which IMHO is a grossly OP ship , and why is on the "learning"  tiers. Giving  this ship to experienced players  is just encouraging seal clubbing  at different kind of level. It's stupidly OP in the right hands. The torp reload is insane, very good guns  , speed , excellent maneuvering, pref mm.  The major drawbacks with not being able to torp without being spotted can be easily negated with concealment exp and also having only 3 of them is not really a drawback considering how fast it reloads them.

 

You are not going to keep new players for long with such methods.

 

Next time when you try to gift OP ships , at least have the decency of giving them at tier 6-8. My 2c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
248 posts

Weak Guns? 12 shots / minute with a max damage of 1500 / He shell. I would not call that weak at all.

shot-17.12.19_23.34.29-0517.jpg

 

 

Quote

Isn't almost every ship in the right hands OP?

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
2,687 posts
9,853 battles
9 minutes ago, clocky said:

why is on the "learning"  tiers

 

You forgot that WG recently extended the MM protection for new players, so that people really new to the game aren't going to meet those seal clubbers.

Vampire players will meet other equally skilled opponents, that have either bought the ship or unlocked it, and also people who know how to play but grind a new line or play for fun.

And remember, this ship is nothing compared to people driving in the Nikolai.

 

A small aside about the guns, they are 102mm, so they shatter quite a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
248 posts

What does that mean "new to game". Based on what?  New as number of battles?  I see people with barely 150 battles at tier 3. What new player protection is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quality Poster
2,947 posts
7,933 battles

New as in:

 

Below a certain tier (iirc it was T4 or T5)

Below a certain account level (iirc it was level 8 or 9)

 

 

Greetings

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
6 minutes ago, clocky said:

No.

Arguable.

 

Btw, I think she has the lowest torpedo DPM on tier three.

G-101 is probably a better package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,361 posts
15,164 battles
4 minutes ago, clocky said:

Weak Guns? 12 shots / minute with a max damage of 1500 / He shell. I would not call that weak at all.

 

 

Try Tachibana. Same number of guns and ROF ..but with a 6% fire chance and zero auto bounce rules on the AP. Turn it up high, Reggie!

 

Most low tier destroyers are OP and can be abused, Vampire is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
248 posts
10 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

Most low tier destroyers are OP and can be abused, Vampire is fine.

 

I do not agree with Vampire but anyway we came to correct conclusion with most low tier DD's. 

 

Btw , vamp has a maximum 1700 damage / ap shell. lol. (as opposed to the tachi's 1000)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,453 posts
7,229 battles
44 minutes ago, clocky said:

grossly OP ship............The torp reload is insane

 

U wot?

 

62 seconds on a 1 x 3 launcher and the torpedoes are nothing special either, god help you if you ever come up against a Wakatake let alone one of the Fujin/Kamikaze premiums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,871 posts
5,156 battles
10 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

62 seconds on a 1 x 3 launcher and the torpedoes are nothing special either, god help you if you ever come up against a Wakatake let alone one of the Fujin/Kamikaze premiums.

 

Yea, i stumbled over his remark also. Its your first lowtier DD, eh @clocky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
1 hour ago, clocky said:

So wasn't too serious about the ship , even forgot about it until it popped into my port - must have completed the missions on past weekend - as i really don't like tier 3 at all. But hey , got it by mistake - fine - lets just have a few games. 

 

I was starting to wonder why is WG giving this ship , which IMHO is a grossly OP ship , and why is on the "learning"  tiers. Giving  this ship to experienced players  is just encouraging seal clubbing  at different kind of level. It's stupidly OP in the right hands. The torp reload is insane, very good guns  , speed , excellent maneuvering, pref mm.  The major drawbacks with not being able to torp without being spotted can be easily negated with concealment exp and also having only 3 of them is not really a drawback considering how fast it reloads them.

 

You are not going to keep new players for long with such methods.

 

Next time when you try to gift OP ships , at least have the decency of giving them at tier 6-8. My 2c

It was OP when the V/W class of destroyers, it belongs to, was commisioned during WW1 so it is fitting that it is OP now as well:cap_tea:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
2,687 posts
9,853 battles
42 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

one of the Fujin/Kamikaze premiums.

 

TIII ships can't meet TV ships unless they fail division with a TIV and get uptiered.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

It is ok, but not OP.

Weak guns, few torps.

The guns are hardly weak. The torpedos are, but they are kind of just a gimmick thing which I ignore half the time and just keep on me to discourage people from rushing my smoke cloud.

2 hours ago, Aragathor said:

 

You forgot that WG recently extended the MM protection for new players, so that people really new to the game aren't going to meet those seal clubbers.

Vampire players will meet other equally skilled opponents, that have either bought the ship or unlocked it, and also people who know how to play but grind a new line or play for fun.

And remember, this ship is nothing compared to people driving in the Nikolai.

 

A small aside about the guns, they are 102mm, so they shatter quite a lot.

For them being "equally skilled", my few games in the Vampire where I was in tier IV MM were ok, but tier III, it's like half the people still need to figure out what a DD is and what torpedos are. And that torpedos can kill friendlies...

 

Personally, I find Vampire isn't really OP. If a cruiser wanted to rush you down, they likely could, especially those with hydro and a battleship won't be bothered much by your 102 mm guns unless you can spam shells at them for a few minute. and the torpedos hurt, but with 3 of them, it is hard to get kills with them, unless you shove it up to someone from point-blank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,453 posts
7,229 battles
6 hours ago, Aragathor said:

 

TIII ships can't meet TV ships unless they fail division with a TIV and get uptiered.

 

OP is complaining about playing against them so exact tier does not matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,998 battles

For dedicated sealclubbing the Derzki or Wickes can cause much more mayhem than the Vampire.

 

I have only played 1 game in it but it did not feel insanely OP. Strong gunpower yes but as soon as something with even the slightest armor came into view it was shatter city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
10 hours ago, clocky said:

So wasn't too serious about the ship , even forgot about it until it popped into my port - must have completed the missions on past weekend - as i really don't like tier 3 at all. But hey , got it by mistake - fine - lets just have a few games. 

 

I was starting to wonder why is WG giving this ship , which IMHO is a grossly OP ship , and why is on the "learning"  tiers. Giving  this ship to experienced players  is just encouraging seal clubbing  at different kind of level. It's stupidly OP in the right hands. The torp reload is insane, very good guns  , speed , excellent maneuvering, pref mm.  The major drawbacks with not being able to torp without being spotted can be easily negated with concealment exp and also having only 3 of them is not really a drawback considering how fast it reloads them.

 

You are not going to keep new players for long with such methods.

 

Next time when you try to gift OP ships , at least have the decency of giving them at tier 6-8. My 2c

 

Serious player could spend couple of games on t3 for fun...but nobody will seriously play for long or long enough to mess with experience of new players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TU]
Players
165 posts
4,555 battles

I played some coop matches with Vampire and citadelled some cruisers with HE. Is this normal at low tiers or are the guns exceptionally good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TS1]
Players
464 posts
7,152 battles

Yeah. It's just that some low tier cruisers have no armour at all. I've even citadelled cruisers with the Tachibana's 76mm HE shells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
206 posts
4,876 battles
2 hours ago, urr027 said:

I played some coop matches with Vampire and citadelled some cruisers with HE. Is this normal at low tiers or are the guns exceptionally good?

If you shot at something like a Caledon, then it's perfectly normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×