Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Division Invasions

19 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
6,948 posts
9,129 battles

Alright @MrConway, @Tuccy, @Kandly, @Sub_Octavian I have what I believe is a simple question:

Why did the WG developers thought it was necessary to change division so that other people can join it irregardless of them being invited or not?

How did that change made any sense? And did ANYONE think it would make sense to allow utter random people be able to just join an existing division without the express consent of the division leader?

I get it so bloody often when I'm sailing in a two man division with a friend and suddenly I see some random  guy entered our division. Why is this a thing?

I know I can lock division, but I want to honestly know what sort of genuine, reasonable argument WG can provide that explains why complete random strangers can just hop into an existing division uninvited.

To me, it makes zero sense. And because the game UI is still a buggy mess, sometimes I can't even kick them out of the division because selecting the command does nothing no matter how often I try, which is simply annoying at best and downright frustrating after it happened a couple times.

I mean, if you get invited from a random to a dynamic division, you get a little pop-up where you can deny are accept the invitation with a quick command. Why can random people join an existing division yet the division leader gets no say in the matter?

I've had it happen  couple times where some stranger snuck unti our division without us noticing and later in the game I read some guy in chat is raging about the "faildivision" ... we're the only division on our team and thinking "what the hell is he talking about, we're both the same ship tier" only to then notice some stranger is part of our division.

Unless there's a really good reason that I'm simply failing to see here, I'd very much prefer it if WG rolled back that change and reinstated the privacy of divisions to invite-only as it was before.

• Cool 11

[SCRUB]
Players
6,948 posts
9,129 battles

2 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

You do realise you can lock divisions right? Preventing precisely that. 

8 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I know I can lock division, but I want to honestly know what sort of genuine, reasonable argument WG can provide that explains why complete random strangers can just hop into an existing division uninvited.

Does that answer your question?

• Cool 1

[_MIA_]
Players
2,955 posts
5,366 battles

Yes same here, total annoying. We had idiots joining our 2-man Division who then started doing BS (Writing crap in Chat, Shooting teammates) and what happens?

We get reported for that, ofc playing in a division must be all assholes... Totaly wrong. Its not about that the karma system is stupid, its a principle.

I didnt get the change either, why the hell?

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,555 posts
5,519 battles

You shouldnt "need" to lock divisions. On something like battlefield where you can spawn on squad members, get squad bonuses and get extra XP/unlocks for doing squad activities it makes loads of sense to join an existing squad.

On ships you get none of that, except some random dude in the division chat

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,199 posts
6,762 battles

At least make the divisions automatically locked... Cause afaik they start open when you make them, so forgetting to lock them is nearly standard.

Or make them semi-locked, so clan members can still drop in if they want, that is less of a problem.

I would also very much want to hear the thought process behind all of these choices.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,160 posts
9,958 battles
2 hours ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

You do realise you can lock divisions right? Preventing precisely that. 

But then you prevent clan members from joining the division..

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
2 minutes ago, lup3s said:

you can unlock then... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
6,948 posts
9,129 battles
2 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Maybe I don't want clan members to join my divisions? There's enough scrubs sailing around after all :fish_nerv:

Spoiler

Considering we have a dedicated clan chat and our Scrub community channel to organize/beg for divisions PLUS our TS server, anyone looking for a division or wanting to join other people can easily ask and I believe at this point everyone would welcome a clanmate with open arms if playing with randoms is the alternative.

• Funny 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles

I have a feeling that this strange situation is the by-product of the change that allowed clan members to join clan divisions (which is actually reasonable). Problem is... why the hell is it open to random people in dynamic divs environment of the match?

There should be three levels of access:

- locked (nobody can join without invite)

- clan-open (only clanmates of the div leader can join)

- open (anybode can join... for some reason, I'm hard-pressed to find a scenario where that would be needed/wanted)

The default should be clan-open - and there should be a place in settings to change your personal default (so that - if you don't want clanmates butting in, for example - you could have "locked" as the default state of divs you create).

• Cool 4

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,572 posts
6,401 battles

The best part by far is when you kick that guy from the division but he instantly rejoins it bcuz why the hell not

[BYOB]
Players
2,738 posts
9,874 battles
6 hours ago, eliastion said:

There should be three levels of access:

- locked (nobody can join without invite)

- clan-open (only clanmates of the div leader can join)

- open (anybode can join... for some reason, I'm hard-pressed to find a scenario where that would be needed/wanted)

Good idea, however I'm against having open divisions. As we have seen in the opening post getting randos into your division is a bad thing.

You should be able to create a division and invite people in or create a division and open it for clan members only.

Players
2,267 posts
5 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

The best part by far is when you kick that guy from the division but he instantly rejoins it bcuz why the hell not

Then you just shoot him as you can't go pink killing a division buddy. :Smile_playing:

Weekend Tester
527 posts
4,871 battles

Whats wierd is having a post-battle chat with your clan-mate back in "Port", and finding that you have a creepy silent stranger sitting there as well.

Its a bit like going home for a coffee with a mate, and some random person off the street follows you into the house and sits on the sofa....

• Cool 2

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
15 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Alright @MrConway, @Tuccy, @Kandly, @Sub_Octavian I have what I believe is a simple question:

Why did the WG developers thought it was necessary to change division so that other people can join it irregardless of them being invited or not?

How did that change made any sense? And did ANYONE think it would make sense to allow utter random people be able to just join an existing division without the express consent of the division leader?

I get it so bloody often when I'm sailing in a two man division with a friend and suddenly I see some random  guy entered our division. Why is this a thing?

To me, it makes zero sense. And because the game UI is still a buggy mess, sometimes I can't even kick them out of the division because selecting the command does nothing no matter how often I try, which is simply annoying at best and downright frustrating after it happened a couple times.

I mean, if you get invited from a random to a dynamic division, you get a little pop-up where you can deny are accept the invitation with a quick command. Why can random people join an existing division yet the division leader gets no say in the matter?

I've had it happen  couple times where some stranger snuck unti our division without us noticing and later in the game I read some guy in chat is raging about the "faildivision" ... we're the only division on our team and thinking "what the hell is he talking about, we're both the same ship tier" only to then notice some stranger is part of our division.

Unless there's a really good reason that I'm simply failing to see here, I'd very much prefer it if WG rolled back that change and reinstated the privacy of divisions to invite-only as it was before.

i like this change alot.....there is always alot of clanmembers on TS and jumping into division is convinient.....and they did put "lock" ability to it....so yes....i like it

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,226 posts
5,868 battles

Agreed...A division should be locked by default and you should have the ability to unlock, not lock it.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,912 posts
2,152 battles
On 12/19/2017 at 6:17 PM, Aotearas said:

You raise a good point, having random strangers appear in the division when this is not wanted can indeed be annoying.

I've forwarded your feedback and we'll see what can be done!

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Players
6,948 posts
9,129 battles
Just now, MrConway said:

You raise a good point, having random strangers appear in the division when this is not wanted can indeed be annoying.

I've forwarded your feedback and we'll see what can be done!

Thanks.

Now about that GamesCom VIP ticket ...

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
3,678 posts
12,886 battles
On 20.12.2017 at 8:11 AM, bushwacker001 said:

Then you just shoot him as you can't go pink killing a division buddy. :Smile_playing:

Wait.. wut? Really????

I should play more divisons...

:cap_haloween:

Sign in to follow this