Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gojuadorai

[ranked season] Timing

26 comments in this topic

Players
2,656 posts
14,715 battles

HI,

dear WG i think you timed this Ranked season badly.

I myself and lots of peple i know cant participate this season cause it overlaps so much with  other things:

• Chrismas 
  • New year
  • Winter campaings & missions
  • Various RL things, like hollidays and other things you usually want or have to do in between years and early january

i really think having ranked season start mid January would have been a much better call

(or having it run for aditional 4 weeks).

• Cool 6

[NWP]
Players
880 posts
8,142 battles

Could be a possibility it will run longer boss, check Tuccy's answer on the game webpage reagrding the new patch.

Tuccy " Ranked is kinda filler between Clan Battle seasons, we preferred to launch them now even with these constraints. The season will be running for long enough time to get to R1 after the holidays :) "

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,069 posts
8,198 battles

+1

Don't try to compete with our holidays. You will get more attention in the time after. 

Edit:

If it does indeed run longer, I'm fine with it of course. 

Why not grant nice events to those, who would like to spend their free time during the holidays. :Smile_Default:

[CAIN]
[CAIN]
Players
2,706 posts
10,505 battles

Since i'm at home during the holidays it works for me, but for everyone who's away it sucks.

[ST-EU]
Sailing Hamster
334 posts
4,588 battles
1 hour ago, cro_pwr said:

WG wants us to spend the time with our families ofc :Smile_trollface:

#neverforget :))

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
6 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

You didn't see this thread on the first page? 

or

• Bad 1

Players
2,656 posts
14,715 battles
8 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

You didn't see this thread on the first page?

obviously i didnt...

2 minutes ago, robihr said:

or

this one is as the title says about ships and i dint want to highjack that one.....

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,079 posts
3,758 battles

+1 to OP.

I'm not in the players who play only RB to rush to rank 1 but I really don't think starting a season in a period where people can't play much is a good idea.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
347 posts
12,056 battles

New season isn't so much that it's too early relative to CW for me, it's that it starts on xmas weekend.  I have a family, and I am going to be spending time with them.  It irritates me a bit that the ranked season overlaps that time.  Had it started on Monday the 8th or later, it would have been past both the Eastern and Western xmas holidays, but now instead it falls over both of them.  

Seems a little...rushed.

Az

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,967 posts
5,449 battles

Working as intended :Smile_trollface:

Players
2,656 posts
14,715 battles
1 hour ago, bushwacker001 said:

it's a game not a job,...

that is exactly the point.

WG should give us room not more work on the desk

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,069 posts
8,198 battles

Even though I will not have time to play during the holidays, I find it nice for people who do have the time, to get some good content. 

Holidays are a bad time to play for some of us, but for others it should be the best time to play.

Yes, it may suck to get into Ranked late, but with that many people, a compromise has to be made, simple as that. 

Having Ranked over the holidays, and long enough afterwards, is a good compromise for everyone. 

• Cool 1

[-DSA-]
Players
2,657 posts
7,832 battles

Point is that Ranked is only fun as long as you stay with the good players. Starting a week later makes it... unfun.

Of course Wargaming would never do this to make players putting Kidd on the Christmas wishlist, and so selling more premium ships.

• Cool 1

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
8 minutes ago, Oely001 said:

Point is that Ranked is only fun as long as you stay with the good players. Starting a week later makes it... unfun.

Of course Wargaming would never do this to make players putting Kidd on the Christmas wishlist, and so selling more premium ships.

starting a week later makes it much easier. carrying team to win or earning top xp when you lose is much easier with more bad players.

Players
2,656 posts
14,715 battles
4 minutes ago, robihr said:

starting a week later makes it much easier. carrying team to win or earning top xp when you lose is much easier with more bad players.

imho its the oposite.

the earlier i statrted the less games i needed, because teams were actually able to use a advatage you created.

also its less frustrating cause teams are way more homogenious. 

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
8 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

imho its the oposite.

the earlier i statrted the less games i needed, because teams were actually able to use a advatage you created.

also its less frustrating cause teams are way more homogenious. 

i just remember one season when i entered premier league with first wave... it was neverending 50% WR (well it was closer to 51-52%, but cause of no loss of star for top xp it seemed even longer). when you have all good players in both teams it seems more or less like RNG...

[-DSA-]
Players
2,657 posts
7,832 battles

@robihr: You depend so much on your teammates, and one bad DD or CV mate can ruin the entire battle. One good DD in your team and one on the enemy team will neutralize, that is something I can handle.

Last season I had battles with my Fuso where I could do literally nothing because I was perma-spotted while I could not see a single enemy to shoot at. It's nearly impossible to become best loser in this case.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
14 minutes ago, Oely001 said:

@robihr: You depend so much on your teammates, and one bad DD or CV mate can ruin the entire battle. One good DD in your team and one on the enemy team will neutralize, that is something I can handle.

Last season I had battles with my Fuso where I could do literally nothing because I was perma-spotted while I could not see a single enemy to shoot at. It's nearly impossible to become best loser in this case.

with bad teammates i can compensate for 2-3 players playing badly (in overall somewhat equally bad teams) and that way i can carry team to win.. or earn top xp in losing team.

with good teammates/opponents i dont have that luxury. on average i will carry 1-2 out of 7 games and fight over top xp when i am on losing team. also when playing vs good opponents your mistakes get punished more easily.

overall good players have more influence on game with shitty players (just dont spectate them after you die).

[-DSA-]
Players
2,657 posts
7,832 battles

When you reach premier league you will no longer compensate 2-3 bad teammates.

[SRSLY]
[SRSLY]
Beta Tester
433 posts
12,109 battles

Anybody an idea how long it will last? the season I mean.

I might have not seen the end date if it was announced.

Sign in to follow this