Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Damage upon your spotting!

14 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
6,887 posts
9,129 battles

So, there was a Nicholas, in his smoke next to an island.

I proximity spot him. He's still in his smoke so one else could POSSIBLY spot him. Following me so far?

So, whilst I have that guy spotted, a friendly Giulio Cesare blaps the guy for ~6k damage.

But for some unfathomable reason, I saw this after the game:

shot-17.12.19_15.41.04-0962.jpg

Damage upon my spotting: 3427

Now, since Support had me jumpring through hoops before they asked for in-depth data analysis I had to reinstall the game and I haven't changed my .ini again to record replays so I can't show with definite evidence how much damage that Cesare did to the enemy Nicholas upon my spotting, but was certainly more than 3427 damage.

[CATS]
Players
13,501 posts
10,352 battles

I have this feeling™ for a long time that the damage upon spotting mechanic does not count correctly.

• Cool 2

[HAERT]
Players
2,003 posts
Just now, ColonelPete said:

I have this feeling™ for a long time that the damage upon spotting mechanic does not count correctly.

I'm absolutely certain of it.

To be honest they need to do some reworking of the scoring system, it's far too biased towards damage, spotting and even cap blocking have no real value in the game, but great value to the team.

• Cool 3

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

agree.....

[_MIA_]
Players
2,837 posts
5,326 battles

Yep, im feeling the same way. I didnt understand how i got 114k with Missouri once (ok i radared an Iowa to save/help our Mahan, and he killed him with torps, but then it leaves still 40k)

Also i think there is the question f.e. i spot someone with planes, and he starts shooting so other ppl can detect him aswell, do i get spotting damage after that or is it everyone for himself then? That could explain something...

[IRQ]
Players
2,674 posts
6,353 battles

My immediate reaction is to question why it matters, since WG doesn't really reward spotting damage anyway.

[POI--]
Players
3,166 posts
4,314 battles
9 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

My immediate reaction is to question why it matters, since WG doesn't really reward spotting damage anyway.

Sadly. It would make it more rewarding for destroyers to risk their ship in order to spot for the team. Not that most aren't doing that already (apart from the occasional silly folks smoking themselves up and denying vision for the entire team about what might be beyond that cloud), but I do feel like they should get some reward for it, as it can be crucial.

[SCRUB]
Players
6,887 posts
9,129 battles
1 hour ago, AnotherDuck said:

One one hand, I get where you come from and it has been a petpeeve of mine (and several of my clanmates) for essentially ever since they introduced those teamplay rewards into the game.

On the other hand, if the system where to not accurately track those stats and assuming WG actually wants to reward players for spotting, tanking etc. ... a failure of the tracking system could go a long way explaining why the rewards feel underwhelming to the point of nonexistant.

At this point, the question would be if WG is aware of that issue ... maybe @Sub_Octavian could weigh in with a word or two (sadly I can't provide a replay for more accurate data but perhaps others could find some hard data to work with).

[OSC]
Players
2,728 posts
10,052 battles

Oh come on Aotearas, count 3 mechanics that actually work properly in this game, why are you even surprised...
And ofc it doesn't work as it should.
And I think it doesn't give a flying **** about radars, since every now and then you will radar some ships, and get some extremely low values of dmg upon spotting...

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,505 posts
6,358 battles

Definitely agree that spotting dmg always comes out far lower than it was expected...

This should be testable in trainig room? Like, 1 ship in smoke on team A, and 2 ships in team B - one ship spotting (radar / hydro / proximity / gunfire) and the other one sits far enough back and kills the one who’s smoked up. Then check the results tab, should show the result there

[PUPSI]
Players
69 posts
3,278 battles

Possible explanation could be game damage calculation.

Instead of new algorithm, divide existing by 2 and shown result is actually amount of damage that you get xp for like done by your weaponry.

... or it`s a bug.

[CAIN]
[CAIN]
Players
2,706 posts
10,505 battles

I assume that there is some RNG involved in all game mechanics... :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this