Sign in to follow this  
Cyclops_

HE or IFHE

10 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
528 posts
10,109 battles

Just a thought, how many of you use IF-HE rather than HE, is it more advantages or best to stick to HE??

[CATS]
Players
13,649 posts
10,385 battles

Depends on caliber and ship.

Koenigsberg works well without IFHE. Cleveland becomes a beast with IFHE.

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles

we are in "DD subforum"........so we have like 2 calibers and bouth are small......so lets rephraze question.

is IFHE worth 4 (+3) points

[POP]
Players
288 posts
7,146 battles

Since no one answered this is my take on this:

On 19.12.2017 at 5:55 PM, veslingr said:

is IFHE worth 4 (+3) points

No, considering what you have to give up. SE,SI,RPF,CE > DE,SI,CE,IFHE.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,800 posts
6,436 battles

What. RPF ?

IFHE is a great skill for Akizuki/Harekaze. Other than those two, nope. (Only Atlanta since it's a cruiser with 127mm is the exception I guess)

RPF is a waste of point on the other hands. Depending on the DD you have different good captain skills, but RPF is never worth taking against skills such as SI, SE, DE, CE, AFT, BFT, AR dependings on the DD.

[POP]
Players
288 posts
7,146 battles
18 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

RPF is never worth taking

It's been debated to death but if you're smart enough to utilize it to the fullest it will become the single most powerful tool in your skillset.

However you usually find RPF being used by the more experienced DD captains. Given your limited DD experience with DDs I do understand your mindset tho.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,800 posts
6,436 battles

The only DD I where I could somehow finds RPF useful would be Shimakaze, to avoid bad encounter. Was also somewhat useful in Clan Battle but that because CV couldn't be used for spotting.

Other than that : gunboats don't need it. Hybrid gunboats don't need it.

I mean, I could take RPF on Harekaze for instance. And give up either SE, IFHE, CE or Torpedo reload ==> Not an option.

Same for Lo Yang or any Benson : SE and SI are invaluable as you need those extra smokes and HP. You also need CE. You need either BFT or DE, or even AFT depending on what you want.

Seriously, I always find better to use than RPF in any case. I may have "limited experience with DD", but I'm still an experienced player, using both torpedoboat, gunboats and hybrids.

Also, those debates ended in "it's useful in good hands, but you sacrifices very useful skills"

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,149 posts
5,899 battles

That's an easy question, just look at your caliber, divide that with 6 and for IF-HE multiply it with 1.3. Than compare the mm difference with the armor of possible hostile ships. Makes it a difference or not. For Example Gearing T10 US destroyer has 127 mm.

127/6 = 21,1 HE

127/6*1,3 = 27,5 IFHE

Not sure about the rounding, but we take 21 and 27, just look, what will effect the additional 6 mm penetration capability? Other dd's have 19 mm, so it will have no effect. I looked at the Zao, she has a bow armor of 25, you would be able to penetrate the bow of the zao additional, otherwise it would also have no effect. The Yamato has no Armor between 21-27, so no effect. You could compare all ships if it makes a difference. I would guess you won't take it for Gearing, because penetrating the bow or not is not really 4 points worth, just fire on the superstructure.

Could someone confirm the math? =)

Could you say, which dd's you're thinking of?

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this