You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Favuz

New Ranked Season too early?

28 comments in this topic

Players
350 posts
3,426 battles

Hello guys,

I just read info on new patch on NA ( https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0615-let-it-snow/ )

Apart from Missouri removal in two months, my eye got caught by the announcement of new ranked season.

Isn't too early to call a new ranked? if christmas campaign tasks can't be achieved by ranked battles, a lot of players will have to choose between random for campaign or ranked.

Plus a lot of people will not play during holidays, so will have to wait more for their flint/Black/whatever.

What's your thoughts? 

PS. Which tier will be?:Smile_coin:

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
880 posts
8,141 battles

It will be tier 8 dude.

Your points are fair, pretty much needed a break from "competitive" (CW) anyway, maybe will just dont bother.

My higher ever reached is R5 and it must get hectic trying to reach R1 during a cool time like Christmas/New Year.

Maybe mid Feb early March was a wiser choice.

[HAERT]
Players
2,024 posts

Think the video said Tier 8.

I don't mind the timing, it will run for some weeks and I assume they will try to dovetail Clan Battle and Ranked seasons together somewhat to appeal to the more competitive or simply to add variety to the Random mode for people that don't like the operations and COOP play.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,858 posts
Vor 14 Minuten, Favuz sagte:

What's your thoughts? 

WG did what players were demanding...in every WG stream there were endless demands for the next ranked season...

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles

For some it will be too early, for some it will be too late...

Just like prime time.

• Cool 2

[MIRAI]
Players
118 posts
7,120 battles

I already feel kinda tired/lost interest in playing because of clan wars. And now WG is pushing us Ranked. Meh

[HAERT]
Players
2,024 posts
Just now, Fubucky said:

I already feel kinda tired/lost interest in playing because of clan wars. And now WG is pushing us Ranked. Meh

You have no obligation to take part in clan wars or Ranked, they're optional. I don't see where anyone is being "pushed".

• Cool 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,970 posts
4,957 battles

But EVERYONE(sarcasm) was asking for a ranked season NAO!!, even when CW was still on.

Why would you want to spend xmas family time on xmas, you weirdo?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,296 battles

What break? I didn't even play CW after the first week so I'm pretty much ready for Ranked.

Only question is Lo Yang or Kidd? 

:cap_money:

[HAERT]
Players
2,024 posts
2 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

What break? I didn't even play CW after the first week so I'm pretty much ready for Ranked.

Only question is Lo Yang or Kidd? 

:cap_money:

Easy that one for me, I've not got Kidd :cap_money:

There are some interesting T8 ships that will shine without the risk of facing T10 battlewagons. It could be quite a lot of fun.

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles

To be selfishly honest, I like it. Will probably use it for Benson/Chapa grind and to grab some rewards, but mostly I'm looking forward to the second season of clan battles, which can be held earlier if a ranked season was in between. And honestly, there is enough time to reach rank one even with the holidays around. 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles

The reason for Missouri removal: they don't want two battleships for freeXP occupying the same niche - so Musashi is going to have Radar? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[BGNAV]
Players
741 posts
13,827 battles

@OP We have been expecting that season too long  m8

s8 was supposed to start about a month ago,  now i cant get my Flint as christmas gift and cant get my black as birthday gift :Smile-angry:

actually the smart move was to put ranked battles in monday tuesday and friday and CBs as now and every one would been happy:Smile_medal:

• Cool 1

Quality Poster
2,947 posts
7,933 battles
7 hours ago, Klopirat said:

WG did what players were demanding...in every WG stream there were endless demands for the next ranked season...

Well, the good old: Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Greetings

[WCWVE]
Players
670 posts
10,870 battles
7 hours ago, eliastion said:

The reason for Missouri removal: they don't want two battleships for freeXP occupying the same niche - so Musashi is going to have Radar? :Smile_teethhappy:

Musashi with Radar would be just a little bit historically inaccurate as the Japanese never developed Radar during the second world war, they preferred to rely on the mark one eyeball, long range torpedoes and night attacks 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
1 hour ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Musashi with Radar would be just a little bit historically inaccurate as the Japanese never developed Radar during the second world war, they preferred to rely on the mark one eyeball, long range torpedoes and night attacks 

That's factually untrue. Japan was behind USA in Radar technology, but yes, they did have it and yes, they did mount it on ships. And yes, Musashi was one of the ships Radar was mounted on.

To quote Wikipedia (not a good source but handy for quick reference):

Musashi was built with a Type 0 hydrophone system in her bow. It was only usable while stationary or at low speed. In September 1942 a Type 21 air-search radar was installed on the roof of the 15-metre rangefinder at the top of the forward superstructure. Two Type 22 surface-search radars were installed on the forward superstructure in July 1943. During repairs in April 1944, the Type 21 radar was replaced by a more modern version and a Type 13 early-warning radar was fitted.

so, if presence of technology is your limit, Musashi could very well appear in the game equipped with both Radar and Hydro.

And sure, it wouldn't make much sense to have Radar on ships of a nation that was behind rather than ahead of the others technologically, but please, PLEASE don't spout nonsense when you have no idea what you're talking about. Radar was in use in Japanese navy - and not only on battleships either. If you actually bothered to check your facts, you'd find that WG could, in fact (if they were insane enough) put (historically present) Radar on much smaller IJN ships...

This is considered to have been the most useful class of destroyers Japan fielded during the war and was well regarded in the IJN. They mounted 3.9-inch (100mm) Type 98 dual-purpose guns in four twin mounts. They also were among the first Japanese vessels equipped with radar.

...like Akizuki.

There are many reasons why Musashi shouldn't - and won't - have Radar. But "Japanese didn't use Radar on their ships" is not one of these reasons - due to simply not being the case. Please, don't mistake relative rarity of Radar in WoWs for the reality ow WW2 technology.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,962 posts
5,445 battles

You mean too late?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,296 battles

It's a bit impromptu.

Like, oh CB finished. Now have Ranked, and something about enjoying Xmas with your family :cap_haloween:

[NKK2]
Beta Tester
599 posts
5,789 battles

We haven't had ranked since summer, in July, nearly half a year ago, I think it's fine. We could have one season of ranked evert month, like Hearthstone.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
413 posts
5,578 battles
55 minutes ago, ulysses_nemo said:

As long as the season

As long as the season is long enough it's a good move to start it right away.

is long enough it's a good move to start it right away.

As long as the season is long enough it's a good move to start it right away.

Good god the new forums are not friendly to my old ipad... sorry for  the  quadrupple quote.    But, I wanted to say that I agree with this, so I guess I'll leave them in for emphasis.   We need a longer season to account for all the people (like me :).  That will be afk due to the holidays.