Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
aboomination

König Albert's gonna be removed from the tech tree next update.

26 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,261 posts
7,954 battles

The following ships are no longer available for purchase in-game:

• Koenig Albert
  • Atlanta

On the other hand: A ton of gude boates gonna be available, as well as the "Admiral Makarov" - anyone? :cap_yes:

The following ships are available for purchase in-game:

• Sims
  • Albany
  • Smith
  • Kii
  • Yubari
  • Katori
  • Okhotnik
  • Admiral Makarov
  • Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya
  • Perth
  • Duca d'Aosta
  • Giulio Cesare

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,261 posts
7,954 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

She is just the best Tier III BB..

Yeah and T3 BB are crap :cap_yes: Her dmg per match isn't that far off...imo it's more likely that those who bought her have better situational awareness and aiming skills than your typical t3 pleb (who will - let's face it- typically sail a BB).

I'd pick a Bogatyr any day if I wanted to seal club at t3.

• Cool 3

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts

I thought they intended to remove Koenig Albert some months ago, but it didn't happen.It's not a monster in the tier either as a bit of power creep has happened with the RN BB's and the quite effective Pan Asia DD's.

Bit surprised about Atlanta, it's far from overpowered and a lot of fun for people nuts enough to learn how to play her.

Admiral Makarov I've never seen in the game, but it looks a bit like a Soviet Nurnburg and I guess it will play quite like Budyonny but with 2 rear and 1 front turret, if it's got a fast reload it could be fun. It's got tin armour plating so will probably play a lot like her silver ship peers in the RU tree.  

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,892 posts
3 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Admiral Makarov I've never seen in the game, but it looks a bit like a Soviet Nurnberg and I guess it will play quite like Budyonny but with 2 rear and 1 front turret, if it's got a fast reload it could be fun. It's got tin armour plating so will probably play a lot like her silver ship peers in the RU tree. 

Even better, it is the Nürnberg, after it's been ceded by the Soviets at the end of WW2. It's a C-hull Nürnberg with half of the torpedoes removed, and the AA-suite beefed (in the midrange department, at the expense of the short-range). And a better rudder shift. Doesn't get the Murmansk-treatment, so seems to get the same " 150 mm Spr.Gr. L/4.4 Kz." HE grenades that the Germans do get.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,261 posts
7,954 battles
3 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Soviet Nurnburg

Looked her up, my thoughts exactly - more citadel hits! :Smile_trollface:

1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

Why Atlanta?

Bad press? Angry customers? ^^

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts
Just now, MrFingers said:

Even better, it is the Nürnberg, after it's been ceded by the Soviets at the end of WW2. It's a C-hull Nürnberg with half of the torpedoes removed, and the AA-suite beefed (in the midrange department, at the expense of the short-range). And a better rudder shift. Doesn't get the Murmansk-treatment, so seems to get the same " 150 mm Spr.Gr. L/4.4 Kz." HE grenades that the Germans do get.

Fair enough, looks interesting then as I really liked the Nurnburg in a masochistic way, fun ship, but a real citadel magnet :cap_viking:

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles
9 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Don't worry about not being able to buy the König Albert. Albany's there again to save the day.

Speaking of, when will she be avalable again, i missed her when the code was up long ago, and she would make a great companion to St. Louie in my collection. :cap_cool:

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

HOLD IT . . . 

Under the heading "Other Improvements and Fixes" I can see no sign of the lovely Dasha in her elf costume appearing on the container ship. 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/videos/hny-devs/  (2 minutes 48 seconds in)

That has GOT to be an improvement, hasn't it?

Serious oversight there WG . .  serious :Smile_facepalm:

Beta Tester
3,678 posts
12,877 battles
7 hours ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Don't worry about not being able to buy the König Albert. Albany Orion's there again to save the day.

It's a tier higher, but it clubs way better than the Prince Albert. It even out-clubs the Nikolai... and it's free!

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,717 posts
9,863 battles
7 hours ago, aboomination said:

Also she's currently not in the shop so she might be removed for good.

Both Fat Albert and Atlanta are in the shop on EU. Just checked.

26 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

It's a tier higher, but it clubs way better than the Prince Albert. It even out-clubs the Nikolai... and it's free!

If it only also had a premium camo... :Smile_trollface:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,337 posts
12,570 battles
7 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Why Atlanta?

__uss_atlanta_kantai_collection_original

I know. Why Atlanta? How about Belfast. Oh. Wait.. :Smile_hiding:

[BYOB]
Players
2,717 posts
9,863 battles
17 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

So Lolanta is also going to be removed, why :Smile_amazed:

Only from the tech tree, availability in the shop will not be changed.

I think that WG wants to normalize tech tree offers across the servers, since NA and ASIA are also getting large changes to available tech tree ships. NA alone is getting 28 ships unlocked for sale, ASIA 25.

It's just that we have both the Albert and the Atlanta in the tech tree.

• Cool 1

Players
879 posts
11,126 battles

If it's true, then I praise my luck of getting the Atlanta at the Black Friday Bullsh*ttery, without the inflated bundles, just the ship with a good price tag. Instead of pointless copy-pastes and OP moneyprinters (I mean for WG), in my "very own, very speshul" WoWs the perfect premium is something like the Atlanta. Different, hilariously fun with a good enough skillcap, without the autowin-button.

As for KA, personally I find her biggest strong point in the fact that in T3, it's very hard to shoot her into pieces. I mean, if the other guy is sitting in a Weymouth, possibly just experiencing the game in his first few matches, yeah... good luck with that. But even against HE, she is rather resilient. But other that that, I don't know, maybe I was thought a bit more into her after all the hype. On the other hand, it was a good while ago when I played the classic T3 BBs, so not that I have a good enough base to compare.

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,808 posts
24,909 battles
8 hours ago, aboomination said:

The following ships are available for purchase in-game:

• Sims
  • Perth

I shall use some of my doubloons to get the above ships. 

Sign in to follow this