You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

USS Missouri will become unavailable with 0.7.2 (roughly 2 months from now), a new T9 BB will take its place

143 comments in this topic

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,892 posts

As per 0.6.15 patchnotes found on NA. 

Now's your chance to pick up the US tier IX USS Missouri for in-game Free XP -- she's departing on release of Update 0.7.2 as we roll out a new tier IX battleship that can be acquired with Free XP. We decided two ships occupying the same niche at the time is one too many. Get grinding, you can still get Missouri for about two more months.

Sauce: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0615-let-it-snow/

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[XODUS]
Players
714 posts
3,789 battles

Musashi was laid down on 29th March 1938, so next march is 80 years.

if she is released with Patch 7.3 at the end of March she is 80 years old, so that's pretty cool. 

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,214 posts
13,980 battles

The Selfish part of me says Cool.. Got Missouri Got the Nelson never converted Ship XP to Free XP am sitting on almost 1.3 Million Free XP. Another ship to spend it on COOOOL

More reasonable Part of me says Why not leave her there and give a second Tier IX as well. Seem wrong to remove  her 

• Cool 4

[XODUS]
Players
714 posts
3,789 battles
Just now, belalugosisdead said:

I have nearly 85k to go. crap. Not Funny. 

Scenario's with Papa Papa flags & last years new year camo, that's +500% to free XP so a five star would net you around 5-6K Free XP per game.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,892 posts
1 minute ago, T0byJug said:

The Selfish part of me says Cool.. Got Missouri Got the Nelson never converted Ship XP to Free XP am sitting on almost 1.3 Million Free XP. Another ship to spend it on COOOOL

More reasonable Part of me says Why not leave her there and give a second Tier IX as well. Seem wrong to remove  her 

Maybe to entice people to spend money converting FXP to get her?

• Cool 3

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,883 posts
6,775 battles

What the f*ck WG?

10 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

We decided two ships occupying the same niche at the time is one too many.

Hahahaa. More like lets create arficial demand and rarity so that people would spend some shekels. Or "we can't remove radar, so lets make her unavailable". In all fairness, this statement is good for collectors, as now we can't just trust those free exp ships to stay "in store" eternally. So in future, if you want a free exp ship, better start working for it before NKWG takes it into Siberia.

But overall, amazing move again derpgaming.

source.gif

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,893 posts
11,303 battles

Clearly MehSashi...

Missouri is the best team play high tier BB. When used properly with support she's the ultimate cap bully as the radar is pretty much impossible to silence. If you can play higher tier USN BB then she's the only BB you'll ever need. Throw away NC, Iowa and Monty :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

Players
350 posts
3,426 battles

Damn, i just went halfway through the grind, currently at  380k.

Now i have the following options.

1- Buy Nelson and don't give a [edited]about Missouri

2- Wait for a discount on freexp conversion and buy Missouri with around 8-10k doubloons

3- Wait for the Musashi

Option 3 seems more reasonable (plus i don't play US BBS while on Japanes i have to buy Izumo), but i think that Musashi will be more than 750k

Decisions Decisions

Beta Tester
652 posts
4,261 battles
1 minute ago, Favuz said:

Damn, i just went halfway through the grind, currently at  380k.

Now i have the following options.

1- Buy Nelson and don't give a [edited]about Missouri

2- Wait for a discount on freexp conversion and buy Missouri with around 8-10k doubloons

3- Wait for the Musashi

Option 3 seems more reasonable (plus i don't play US BBS while on Japanes i have to buy Izumo), but i think that Musashi will be more than 750k

Decisions Decisions

Same here except my preference goes to Musashi, but I just got Montana and could use a million credit a game ship.

Not sure if I'll get 450fxp out of nowhere though

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles

Well, the 100k free xp from the typhoon league sure come in handy now. If bad comes to worst I will have to convert some, but being that I have still about 150 new year camos and the papas come in regularly enough.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,893 posts
11,303 battles

There will be a 35 rate FXP conversion at the end don't worry.

WG know how to make money :cap_money:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
350 posts
3,426 battles

TBH, a good game In my kutuzov fully flagged for freexp (with premium) net me around 6-7k freexp per game.

I could push through  my flags reserves a little and rack 150-200k easily, 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,236 posts
7,080 battles

WoW WG.... So the statement that Missouri is "too cheap" already because of the spam of ways to get more free xp more easily were true. You want to raise the price (for Musashi) am i right?

Good thing i got it already (and Nelson) and this basically confirms Musashi release for fxp and even near her 80th Birthday.

BUT it is a massive dIckmove for all those free players that can't play that much or will come to late to the party.

No WG. You can't compare Missouri and Musashi. Even if you were to give Musashi Radar and those creditearnings it will still stay an IJN Ship......

Not cool. Really.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,979 posts
4,965 battles

Glad to see *Edited still loves to shoot itself on the foot.

Love seeing them carry on actions that will alienate the playerbase, *Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to disrespectful comments.
  • Cool 2

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,883 posts
6,775 battles
3 minutes ago, gekkehenkie50 said:

Same here except my preference goes to Musashi,

Taking into account what we know about Musashi atm, Missouri will be a lot more comfortable. So personally I'd take Missouri over Musashi atm. You want consistent guns from battleship, thus Musashi with nerfed gun parameters doesn't really wake the interest.

Overall trying to squeeze Musashi into tier 9 is just retarded. Yamato at tier 10 is the (rightful) reason we need ships like Montana and friends at tier 10 for them to be able to compete. And if something was same from birth to destruction on Yamato class, was the armor and guns. In that sense identical sisters, thus making Musashi's spot at tier 9 with nerfed gun parameters even more stupid. It is a game duh, but still. Where does it end? Shinano as planned at tier 8? Come on guys, you can get a quart into a pint pot!

So or so, as much as we know about Musashi atm, for pure ingame performance Missouri would indeed be my choice here. Ofc it's up to each individual what to do, what they prefer etc. Personally I'm 90% sure I'll get Musashi for the collection.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,261 posts
7,954 battles
8 minutes ago, robihr said:

limited availability ship... let me take my credit card

Sir, your card seems to be invalid :cap_book:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles

Wargaming has to make money somehow and if this makes people spend more money on dubloons for converting XP to free XP i see nothing [edited]'ish with that. I am currently sitting on 10.9 million XP awaiting convertion to free XP and about 300k free XP but with nothing to spend them on at the moment. Might spend money on Musashi, or not, though.

Can't be arsed to get upset over this as people really shouldn't be surprised, or angry, that Wargaming does this:cap_tea:

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
31 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

There will be a 35 rate FXP conversion at the end don't worry.

Commander elite XP?  :Smile_hiding:

[IDDQD]
Players
1,622 posts
15,243 battles
19 minutes ago, robihr said:

limited availability ship... let me take my credit card

you mean limited how? Missoury is in game for one year now...thats enough to make 750k free xp by playing with clever use of papa, camos ect.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,424 battles
15 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

Overall trying to squeeze Musashi into tier 9 is just retarded.

Most likely it will be in reality a T10 ship with preferential -3/+0 MM, sold for the price of a T9, like Missouri is today. Maybe for a higher price. Today’s WiP Musashi config is not relevant.