Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

New Campaigns: till January 17th

21 comments in this topic

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,962 posts
5,443 battles

Fine rewards + free ship. Why not...

[BYOB]
Players
2,683 posts
9,830 battles
14 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Good news for all who will be away over the holidays:

Thank Bob for the 2 weeks after the holidays. Christmas is a bad time to be playing.

1 minute ago, deadly_if_swallowed said:

let's hope WGEU has learned their Santagate lesson

Unified server events anyone? I doubt we will get a special duration.

Edited by Aragathor

Players
3,449 posts
7,226 battles
43 minutes ago, deadly_if_swallowed said:

Let's hope WGEU has learned their Santagate lesson :)

But I do still expect some fuckups, like completion date 7th Jan or stuff like that...

New Year Raid can only be done if you have Scharn/DoY, if you're relying upon B.O.N.C campaign to get the latter the earliest that can be done is 9 January, which leaves you 7 days for the whole campaign.

I'm sure it can be done, but it's going to be a hell of a grind.

[ST-EU]
Players
372 posts
3,188 battles
2 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

New Year Raid can only be done if you have Scharn/DoY, if you're relying upon B.O.N.C campaign to get the latter the earliest that can be done is 9 January, which leaves you 7 days for the whole campaign.

I'm sure it can be done, but it's going to be a hell of a grind.

I didn't get the part that it can be done with Scharnhorst as well. Where does it state?

[BYOB]
Players
2,683 posts
9,830 battles
1 hour ago, deadly_if_swallowed said:

Announcement on EU: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/the-duke/ - URL-guy seems tired.

I'd say he's dispirited after seeing what we are getting.

25 minutes ago, RethyI said:

I didn't get the part that it can be done with Scharnhorst as well. Where does it state?

That's a very good question. If the second campaign can be started by playing the Scharnhorst that would be awesome.

[XODUS]
Players
714 posts
3,761 battles

As a bonus, players will have access to a holiday campaign - "New Year Raid". Take part by playing a single battle on the brand-new HMS Duke of York. It's a special campaign dedicated to the New Year's celebration, and it will reward players with five upgradeable Tier VI ships with unique camouflage, with the final reward being a special "Arctic" camouflage for the Scharnhorst battleship.

I take it back, the campaign is not that great.
you need the DoY to unlock the campaign, and you cannot complete getting the DoY till the 9th at earliest with the 18th being the close.
Add the Scharn in there wargaming too

Players
3,449 posts
7,226 battles
40 minutes ago, RethyI said:

Sorry, my mistake, it's even worse.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
5 minutes ago, JaiFoh said:

I take it back, the campaign is not that great.
you need the DoY to unlock the campaign, and you cannot complete getting the DoY till the 9th at earliest with the 18th being the close.
Add the Scharn in there wargaming too

Well, it's very much like Santa's Convoys last year - there will probably be an option to buy DoY (first in a huge bundle, then in progressively smaller ones) - or the possibility to finish the campaign the moment the last batch becomes available and then try and grind hard through the second campaign. It was quite possible to get all the rewards last year - unless the difficulty (and grindiness) is upped significantly, the Scharn camo shouldn't be out of reach of those who have the ship.

[SCRUB]
Players
558 posts
10,495 battles

Just a quick question: do I understand correctly that it's not necessary to do each step of the mission before the next is unlocked? For example I can start on the 2nd of January? 

Beta Tester
2,051 posts
8,182 battles
11 minutes ago, Freyr_90 said:

Just a quick question: do I understand correctly that it's not necessary to do each step of the mission before the next is unlocked? For example I can start on the 2nd of January? 

It should be possible, just like you could start the Yamamoto campaign later on. 

And yes, DoY will be available for purchase from the start. The announcement states, that if you buy it and then earn it later, you will get a credit compensation. 

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,559 posts
9,086 battles
  • Complete the final task of "Mission 3" to get German Tier VI destroyer Ernst Gaede

I'll....
I'll be able to skip the rest of the t-22 grind?

[froths at the mouth in physical pleasure ]

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
558 posts
10,495 battles
15 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

It should be possible, just like you could start the Yamamoto campaign later on. 

I really hope so, as I will be traveling and working around Christmas and New Year and

1. I was intending to devote most of my free time to my family 

2. The very thought of having to play WoWs on a 13" business laptop at minimum resolution and settings @20fps is making me cringe 

Players
3,449 posts
7,226 battles
27 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Well, it's very much like Santa's Convoys last year - there will probably be an option to buy DoY (first in a huge bundle, then in progressively smaller ones) - or the possibility to finish the campaign the moment the last batch becomes available and then try and grind hard through the second campaign.

From the reviews it sounds like DoY has been turned into a complete dog of a ship as well, so Christmas missions this year are a ship nobody will play and a 1 week scramble in mid January for something a bit more worthwhile.

My cup runneth over with meh.

Players
960 posts
4,863 battles

Oh well. It will be interesting to see the mission requirements. Given that a tvii premium is at stake they should be quite stiff which will lead to a lot of bad play and frustration (arp nachi anyone?) most likely. Too bad the Scharnhorst camo is behind a grind wall, I won't be partaking in this madness just for that. 

Good event altogether though. Love the idea behind it and might even get somr t6s I would have never touched otherwise. GJ overall,  WG.

[HAERT]
Players
2,020 posts

Very strange timings, impractical for many players over the Christmas period no doubt and I'm sure the complaints will flow in.

I've either got or already passed the ships in the second section, while getting them back would be OK that's not a massive motivation to be excited about either campaign and DoY looks very unimpressive.

Guess this will be one campaign chain I won't make any great effort to complete even if I have the time.

• Cool 1

Players
2,671 posts
12,084 battles
2 hours ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Good news for all who will be away over the holidays:

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/campaign-upcoming-ny2018/

These Campaigns will be available from the release of Update 0.6.15 and planned to end on January 17th 2018.

The Bad News: Due to real life commitments I will not be able to play WoWS for some of part 4 and all of part 5 (the final part). Therefore I will be unable to "win" the Duke of York.

The Good News: After reading the review of LittleWhiteMouse, the Duke of York does not appeal to me anyway. Especially since I have KGV, Nelson & Hood anyway.

The Extremely Good news: With the final goal unachievable, this persuades me to spend more time with my family instead of playing a "Game about battleships".

In my case, at least, Wargaming have shot themselves in the foot by insisting on weekly staggered missions. :Smile_Default:

Sign in to follow this