You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Magnux7

Why did they remove Harekaze??

23 comments in this topic

Players
10 posts
4,980 battles

Soo, I was uncertain whether to buy the Harekaze or not when it was initially released.

Decided to wait for a while and think about it, since they announced the collaboration would last until late 2018.

Now, I figured just recently that I want to go for it and purchase, cause it's quite a unique ship and looks fun to play.

Well, to my lucky surprise, it's apparently been removed from the premium shop...

Anyone know what's the deal with this? I thought they said it would last until 2018 ffs:Smile_sad:

Amusingly, it's still up on the NA store..

Beta Tester
3,639 posts
12,774 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Most ships are in shop for a limited amount of time.

...and some while later they re-appear as part of a fantastic bundle... :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,668 posts
9,747 battles

Both HSF ships are available on the NA server.

So it's not like WG can't sell them anymore, they just don't want us to give them money.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,590 battles

Ok, a couple things. Well, literally couple, as in: two.

1. The premium shop offers had a precise number of days until the offer disappears. The offers were not pulled from the shop early - they just expired at the time they were announced to expire.

2. Asian server had some news confirming a new batch of HSF collaboration. It can be almost assumed that the old HSF ships will make it back to the shop along with any new content we'll see due to this prolonged collab.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,157 posts
9,906 battles

Afaik it was announced that the HSF ships would be available until late September 2017. (correct me if I'm wrong)

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,958 posts
4,925 battles
2 hours ago, Magnux7 said:

Soo, I was uncertain whether to buy the Harekaze or not when it was initially released.

Decided to wait for a while and think about it, since they announced the collaboration would last until late 2018.

Now, I figured just recently that I want to go for it and purchase, cause it's quite a unique ship and looks fun to play.

Well, to my lucky surprise, it's apparently been removed from the premium shop...

Anyone know what's the deal with this? I thought they said it would last until 2018 ffs:Smile_sad:

How dare they announce it would be available for a short time and then follow up with that very action!!

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,831 posts
3,714 battles
2 hours ago, Juanx said:

How dare they announce it would be available for a short time and then follow up with that very action!!

Could be he accidentaly read/got linked by people to the NA announcement which said they would be available till september 2018?

And if WG is going to do a round 2 then removing them because of a licensing issue seems really unlikely. I really don't get why NA still has those ships in store but the rest (even the Asia server which covers Japan) doesn't. Seems like the other offices decided to just randomly screw over people in other regions by creating a artificial scarcity to drive up demand.

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
303 posts
2,214 battles

I bet they will release it later for a short period of time.
You know to create some kind of urgency. "Buy it now before we remove it."

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,868 posts
11,295 battles

I like mine, but the only Hull worth it is the B one which is 75% Aki with better rudder and no HP. 

Fortunately WG included an IJN Camo and the ability to put normal IJN captains in so those of us who are not sexual deviants (sorry lel :Smile-_tongue:) don't have to suffer anime girls squealing.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
13,487 posts
10,344 battles
6 hours ago, Verdius said:

Could be he accidentaly read/got linked by people to the NA announcement which said they would be available till september 2018?

And if WG is going to do a round 2 then removing them because of a licensing issue seems really unlikely. I really don't get why NA still has those ships in store but the rest (even the Asia server which covers Japan) doesn't. Seems like the other offices decided to just randomly screw over people in other regions by creating a artificial scarcity to drive up demand.

10 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Most ships are in shop for a limited amount of time.

!!

And that is not random. That is marketing 101. Limiting supply increases demand.

[AAA-]
Players
627 posts
4,776 battles

Knowing that it might be sold again in a bundle or so for X Mas but because I did not want to miss out on it just in case it does not I bought it the fore-last day of the selling it was there for 3 months or so untill the end of september maybe it will and maybe it won't return you never know the Arpeggio is not going to be likely to return either I would not mind any of those ships to return though it does not need to be rare for me. 

Players
14 posts
227 battles
15 hours ago, Magnux7 said:

Yes it is still in NA and they said it would be there for a full year from launch date. I mostly play on NA But I like the way EU plays better so far.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,201 posts
13,912 battles

@Magnux7

Not going to go in to hole thing of what is in NA shop or EU shop. Apart from to point out EU shop has 34 ships available at this moment any ship that can be bought in a bundle is also available on its own. NA has 20 ships and the Hazekaze is ONLY available in a bundle. something WG promised they would not do with us again.

Whenever there is a ship on offer in the shop it tells you how long  (end date of the offer) in the notice in the Portal(News). You must look at this.

[BYOB]
Players
2,668 posts
9,747 battles

The dev blog just posted info about the second Haifuri collab going into the supertest.

Expect the Harekaze to come back sooner than you thought. I'm getting one with the Isoroku camo:

25542511_1983119872014350_75724513299016

Beta Tester
2,020 posts
8,134 battles
39 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

The dev blog just posted info about the second Haifuri collab going into the supertest.

Expect the Harekaze to come back sooner than you thought. I'm getting one with the Isoroku camo:

25542511_1983119872014350_75724513299016

I would only spend money on that camo, if it gave +100% XP. 

Beta Tester
3,639 posts
12,774 battles
6 hours ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

I would only spend money on that camo, if it gave +100% XP.

No cent for something that ugly, even if it would give a 1000% exp bonus

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,201 posts
13,912 battles
2 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

No cent for something that ugly, even if it would give a 1000% exp bonus

it should be the only camo in game where your team do NOT go pink if they kill you

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,545 posts
9,060 battles

"Woah, the Harekaze is performing really well!" - dev 1
"Yeah, the first truly good IJN DD in a LONG time!" - dev 2

[WG EU overhears]

2csbgv9.jpg

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,201 posts
13,912 battles

ok Boys and Girls  im a little confused.. whats the issue 

The High School ships were released one time on EU (from what i can see). In the launch post it stated

UK server ALWAYS Said it was

10 July at 07:00 CEST to 30 September at 07:00 CEST (UTC+2).

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/special/inb4-anime-h8rs/

US server ALWAYS said it was 

Starts July 10 at 04:20 PT (07:20 ET) Ends September 30, 2018 at 04:20 PT (07:20 ET)

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/moe-anime-mo-problems/

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,545 posts
9,060 battles
38 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

ok Boys and Girls  im a little confused.. whats the issue 

The High School ships were released one time on EU (from what i can see). In the launch post it stated

UK server ALWAYS Said it was

10 July at 07:00 CEST to 30 September at 07:00 CEST (UTC+2).

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/special/inb4-anime-h8rs/

US server ALWAYS said it was 

Starts July 10 at 04:20 PT (07:20 ET) Ends September 30, 2018 at 04:20 PT (07:20 ET)

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/moe-anime-mo-problems/

joke

NOUN

A thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.