Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nechrom

No special ship offers in the premium shop

31 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,788 battles

Just noticed the rare situation we have now with the premium shop, the fact that there are no ships on special offer.

Usually they either swap one for another or even in many cases overlap two or more ships.

So with as many premium ships as WG has teased lately (I think we're up to 7 or 8), is this the calm before the storm? Saving up for post-holiday shopping?

If this is the result of WG actually holding off on releasing ships until they are ready (learning from Graf Zeppelin), then I'm very much in favor of having an empty store every now and then. 

Bonus: Next premium ship released? T-61?

Players
350 posts
3,426 battles

think this is the calm before the storm.

There are a lot of things which will come out with the next patch (thursday i think).

Premium ships usually are put on the shop on friday, so next weekend you'll have a lot of choices if u willing to open your wallet.:Smile_coin:

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,405 posts
8,414 battles

My guess would be nothing until Thursday morning when clan battles finish and maybe the next patch...

[BYOB]
Players
2,686 posts
9,840 battles

WG needs to start looking at its player demographic. Holding off on sales before major holidays is a bad idea.

Many of us are older and the way holidays are set up this year means some, like me, will be leaving on Friday. And until I'm back, I won't be having access to a computer.

So I won't be buying anything, I won't be playing, and I will be lucky if I manage to get some time to look at the forum on my phone.

Also, why is it that Airplanes and Tanks had daily Christmas offers and we got the shaft?

• Cool 2

Players
2,261 posts
11,413 battles
3 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

WG needs to start looking at its player demographic. Holding off on sales before major holidays is a bad idea.

Many of us are older and the way holidays are set up this year means some, like me, will be leaving on Friday. And until I'm back, I won't be having access to a computer.

So I won't be buying anything, I won't be playing, and I will be lucky if I manage to get some time to look at the forum on my phone.

Also, why is it that Airplanes and Tanks had daily Christmas offers and we got the shaft?

Exactly my situation, too.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,207 posts
13,957 battles
7 minutes ago, Randschwimmer said:

Exactly my situation, too.

I was hopping for the T61 today.. As others have said  Friday is the normal release day.. but we got the Vampire last monday

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,876 posts
6,765 battles
15 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

will be leaving on Friday. And until I'm back, I won't be having access to a computer.

Same here. Except I may buy a few x-mas containers if they do it again :Smile_hiding:.   I just wonder what will be the time limit on the 2 new campaigns? I can play only the patch day, and then in January when I'm back home. As a semicollector I hope I have time to get the campaigns done.

WG is known for their weird definition of primetime. Well, I hope that this year we don't get so special treatment that they'd give us an unique client again :Smile_trollface:

19 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

This is indeed weird. WG is so good at milking, but still they manage to fail it here, on christmas, when people are on mood to consume. It'd be perfect opportunity to abuse the christmas feel but nope.

[CR33D]
Players
241 posts
6,362 battles

Even how much I would like to pick something nice at a discount my money is going to go on real stuff IRL. Clothes etc.

I´m fed up sponsoring WG too much since this game is going down the drain with so many bad players recently infesting the waters with zero knowledge playing the game objectively. What´s worse WG doesn´t give a rats [edited]about it and closes all threads by people bringing this up. That´s why I urge you people vote NO with your wallets if you can resist it.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,296 battles

Tanks went early with Xmas containers.

Since not much is happening here I've gone over there for a bit... 

Nothing I really want in Ships, maybe T61 but I've already got plenty of Prems to play. Won't get Roma as it'll be £40+ for another BB.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,296 battles
1 minute ago, Aschwell said:

Even how much I would like to pick something nice at a discount my money is going to go on real stuff IRL. Clothes etc.

Clothes?! :Smile_teethhappy:

You mean you don't sit in doors playing games in only your underwear? :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,875 posts

I think it's fairly safe to assume the T61 will arrive this week (Friday).

[CR33D]
Players
241 posts
6,362 battles
9 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Clothes?! :Smile_teethhappy:

You mean you don't sit in doors playing games in only your underwear? :Smile_hiding:

Yeah well I could do good with some new pants and shirts :Smile_trollface: for work. But when I get home I run around naked all the time :Smile_hiding:Jingle my Dingle 

• Funny 2

[BYOB]
Players
2,686 posts
9,840 battles
22 minutes ago, Aschwell said:

Jingle my Dingle

The Mighty Dingles®?

Sorry, had to be asked.

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

After playing with the WoT christmas specials my expectations for WoWS' are kind of souring after so long yet seeing nothing. And I prefer Warships HEAVILY over Tanks.

Really hope it's more than just some paltry 15% off t8s, then some monstrously expensive bundles. (But it's only 150€ for one ship and some garbage instead of 200! what a steal!)

[NWP]
Players
880 posts
8,141 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

Tanks went early with Xmas containers.

Since not much is happening here I've gone over there for a bit... 

Did you win the type 59 in the boxes dude? :Smile_hiding:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,296 battles
37 minutes ago, tank276 said:

Did you win the type 59 in the boxes dude? :Smile_hiding:

Please... I won the lot, Type 59, L 40t, Patriot and Scorp G :cap_money:

No idea really how to use them as I'm only up to T7 :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Players
1,089 posts
2,385 battles

I would love the t61 and the new tier 6 usn premium dd, but I doubt that will be released anytime soon. 

My problem is that I am working at sea at the moment and with my satellite connection I might not be able to actually use the shop :fish_panic:

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,009 battles

Objectively, if you are a WOT player as well as WOWS, there is a lot to be said for the gift boxes: you get at least the money's worth of gold, and generally a lot more.

The premium time, for example, is universal; the gold in WOT can be used to get more premium time as well (although I've spent most of mine on exciting new premium tanks, but then WOT is my main diversion, although WOWS is rapidly catching up)...

[CR33D]
Players
241 posts
6,362 battles
2 hours ago, Aragathor said:

The Mighty Dingles®?

Sorry, had to be asked.

Would be fun if someone started as a streamer with that name :cap_haloween: Btw it´s cold now here where I live so it doesn´t Dingle all that much as I would hope :Smile_trollface:

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,009 battles

Speaking of the WOT Gift Boxes, the code HULSE14 should give you a free one (it seems to be working, but I'm not at home, so can't check in-game)...

Edit: not sure *which* type of crate it is though i.e. the bought ones versus the lesser ones you win in-game.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,260 posts
7,943 battles
7 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Speaking of the WOT Gift Boxes, the code HULSE14 should give you a free one (it seems to be working, but I'm not at home, so can't check in-game)...

Edit: not sure *which* type of crate it is though i.e. the bought ones versus the lesser ones you win in-game.

worked:Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,009 battles

Post-script to my last: I understand it's the basic in-game crate. Still, free's free...

[HAERT]
Players
2,024 posts

It's a bit bizarre that there's literally nothing "special" in the Warships shop. Especially since people will commit the money they have available so WG will be losing profit opportunities.

Sign in to follow this