Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
darkstar73

Asashio. Yet a new Destroyer :)

47 comments in this topic

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,842 posts
3,714 battles
33 minutes ago, darkstar73 said:

A new Jap destroyer. Looks good too. :) Want one :) NOW!! 

I hope that WG seriously starts to think about how they handle IJN prems and IJN DDs. This is just a statistically worse Kagerou.

Luckily I know a very good fix:

Give her some of the old Fubuki stats. Old T8 Fubuki was well balanced, especially considering IJN DDs have always been meh she was the definite high point that none has ever managed to reach after the constant nerfs and rework. Give her the old IJN HE alpha and the maybe even the old 15km Fubuki torps (though get rid of TRB in that case).

You'd have a different playstyle in that you can actually function as a torpboat, and your guns handle differently by focussing on alpha over RoF. And you don't even need to add weird consumable gimmicks to boot.

• Cool 7

Players
879 posts
11,126 battles

On the plus side, look at the AA! Two dual 25mm-s, plus the """dual purpose""" guns. In T8. It truly is the year of the CVs! :Smile_trollface:

(Okay, not that it matters once they actually rework the CVs, but let me have a little fun.)

• Funny 1

Players
956 posts
5,103 battles

They should finally finish second Japanese DD line or release Agano, Tone and Oyodo since I'm waiting for those for a long time.

• Cool 5

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,052 posts
9,616 battles

If they want to sell a name tehy could have used Yukikaze.

If they wanted efficy tehy could have used Suzutsuki as a Aki clone.

Ashino especally in early war config is an insult to IJN especally that the pricy t8 Prem segment.......

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,052 posts
9,616 battles
1 minute ago, Atherion_ said:

Give it 12 km torps or meh.

or give it smoke AND TLR like old Poi........

• Cool 1

[DAVA]
Players
143 posts
8,219 battles
36 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

Isn't it just a Kagero... looks no different, Harekaze is a much better pick if you want a IJN T8 Premium DD.

It's not, it precedes it. It's a development of the Shiratsuyu class.

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles

I posted this in "some info around the world" thread but since this thread is about the new IJN DD i though i would post it here aswell. :Smile_Default:

Here is my suggestion for a T8 IJN premium DD, one that will actually be usefull not useless, also i would love from someone from WG to comment on the idea.

All the forumities here please do share you'r opinion.

Premium T8 IJN DD of the Fubuki class type lll otherwise known as....yep you guessed it Akatsuki class.

Specificaly the Hibiki, why this one you ask, simple, it was a survivor that was surrendered to the USSR after the war (it has some history to it, so no fake copy)

Armarment:

3x3 610 ''Long Lance'' torpedoes with the old T8 Fubuki reload (seriously the old reload) so no TRB needed, if you really want to have it also fine.

Torp choice ,3 choices here, 15km, 12km, 8km with the old speed's not the new ones.

3x2 127mm/50 cal guns.

Standard T8 slots and consumables.

That's it ,no need to complicate, just a simple usable hunter DD (witch ofc is still fodder for the US, KM, Soviet DD hunter DD's)

And if she must have a quirk, witch is the trend atm, give her as other's have mentioned/sugested the option of choosing Deep water or regular torpedoes in battle via the 3 key a'la AP/HE for guns.

Those are my two cents, please do tell me how sutch a DD sounds like?

:Smile_coin:

• Cool 2

Players
116 posts
5,537 battles

Saw the announcement, thought "That will make a lot of people happy" => no way, IJN DDs are never to be good enough. :cap_yes:

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
580 posts
7,407 battles
1 hour ago, LDPDC said:

Saw the announcement, thought "That will make a lot of people happy" => no way, IJN DDs are never to be good enough. :cap_yes:

I don´t think they are so bad. Their torpedoes are best. Most ships have really good concealment. Guns are a bit bad, except on 2 ships. If they have had better guns so would they be quite op imo. They have had their happy days yes. But they are far from bad if used right

• Cool 1

Players
879 posts
11,126 battles

Now, to drop the other side of the coin in, let's not forget that this thing is (probably?) still under supertesting. There is a chance that she will be something useful and more importantly, fun.

There is also the chance for them to f*ck up even more, but that usually does not happen. :3

[BYOB]
Players
2,704 posts
9,861 battles
2 minutes ago, AkosJaccik said:

Now, to drop the other side of the coin in, let's not forget that this thing is (probably?) still under supertesting. There is a chance that she will be something useful and more importantly, fun.

There is also the chance for them to f*ck up even more, but that usually does not happen. :3

We are all hoping that the ship will get the same treatment as the Aigle, which is still being balanced out.

But since it's just a bad Kagero clone it might get pushed out as is, since it doesn't require extra work.

Beta Tester
3,674 posts
12,847 battles

At least I don't even have to think about buying it, as it is T8 and I do not buy ships at that tier, due to them being overprized in my opinion...

Add to that, that it is just a lousy remake of a silver ship in game... naahh, thanks, but no thanks...

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles

Around 50 premiums I do have.... only 1 Japanese.... its Kaga. Even she is kinda downgraded gimicky CV. Not even going to consider to pay a pence for Ashitaka, Mutsu, Atago or any future thrash. Ill rather play same regular ship or LITTLE worse, like 100meters higher detection range etc...

USN prems are intresting...

IJN are thrash.

Beta Tester
2,084 posts
8,203 battles
1 minute ago, Boris_MNE said:

Around 50 premiums I do have.... only 1 Japanese.... its Kaga. Even she is kinda downgraded gimicky CV. Not even going to consider to pay a pence for Ashitaka, Mutsu, Atago or any future thrash. Ill rather play same regular ship or LITTLE worse, like 100meters higher detection range etc...

USN prems are intresting...

IJN are thrash.

Harekaze is great though. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,084 posts
8,203 battles
2 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

DD_Asashio_Kai_Ni_463_Full.png

There, now you don't have to buy the actual ship.

Was the ship in that HSF series? 

Because we got a second cooperation incoming. 

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles
1 minute ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Harekaze is great though. 

Actually forgot about that one, cuz I was thinking on all thrashy ships :D

Sign in to follow this