Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiefy

Strange torpedo damage

31 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
8,127 battles

can someone explain this to me?

Spoiler

report.thumb.jpg.0c7097c34eabcd8c29b7a40cd3a13dcd.jpg

i mean.. 769 dmg bomb hit? sure.. ok....

but 52 dmg torpedo hit?

(mind thta he didn't die so the "tha's all the hp he had" answer is not valid")

[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
857 posts
11,027 battles

If he ate a torpedo before and your's hit the same section that could explain it.

Players
6,613 posts
10,823 battles

Yea, damage saturation. One of that "fun & engaging game-mechanics" WG made to piss off the entire playerbase enhance gameplaying experiance for all of us.

• Cool 2

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
38 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Yea, damage saturation. One of that "fun & engaging game-mechanics" WG made to piss off the entire playerbase enhance gameplaying experiance for all of us.

Well, it sort-of does improve it. I bet DDs would be far less interesting for people if taking a torp to bow / stern would pretty much kill you instead of sending you to 20% HP. Not cool either way, but at least you stay alive. And similar arguments probably could be made for other classes aswell.

Also fun fact - as far as I know AP overpens always do their exact dmg, no matter if the area is health, saturated or fully-saturated. So (as an example) you could take a torp to your bow that deals 0 dmg to you, AP pen that would do nothing, HE hit that deals no damage and so on,  but AP overpen would still hit your HP pool. At least that's how it's shown to work in Wiki, have never tested it in the training room :cap_haloween:

Beta Tester
4,951 posts
20,636 battles
9 hours ago, thiefy said:

but 52 dmg torpedo hit?

damn... I read that as "52k torpedo damage" first and thought that one BB I managed to sink with one (1 !!!) torpedo today doing 52k damage with it would be whining in the forum about it.

But as it is: yeah, oversaturation.... or aliens!

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles
9 minutes ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

I can neither confirm nor deny

I saw that you moved you'r spaceship from tears of the dessert, parked it at home? 

:Smile-_tongue:

[SHAFT]
Players
10,297 posts
9,104 battles
6 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Well, it sort-of does improve it. I bet DDs would be far less interesting for people if taking a torp to bow / stern would pretty much kill you instead of sending you to 20% HP.

U dont need damage saturation for that - it could just be balanced otherwise. But eating a torp on that saturated nose will result in like 0 damage (as gif shown by @El2aZeR (couldnt u use an easier name, i always have to check :p)) which imo is wrong.

Torps should do some kinda minimum damage, like AP overpens, but more ofc, or screw the hole damage saturation mechanic for torps.

Imo Damage saturation should only work on Superstructure - as its in general the easiest part to farm damage, because its the softest.

Beta Tester
4,951 posts
20,636 battles

The most funny thing about that gif is, that there is no part of the ship left to take damage to the stern, but IT STILL CAN MOVE AND STEER FULLY UNHINDERED!!!111eleven!

[WCWVE]
Players
1,033 posts
16,599 battles

I watched the gif several times and thought it very funny, however, if a ship took that many torpedoes that quickly in real life, it would flood out and sink by the stern as just the shock alone from 10 hits would burst the seems on multiple watertight bulkheads, jam hatches and cause other issues, such as electrical failures due to shock damage (no pumps or lights) 

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles
1 hour ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

damn... I read that as "52k torpedo damage" first and thought that one BB I managed to sink with one (1 !!!) torpedo today doing 52k damage with it would be whining in the forum about it.

But as it is: yeah, oversaturation.... or aliens!

Been there done that. Full health detonation of yamato with a single Benson torp :cap_haloween:

Players
1,022 posts
5,416 battles

Yeah must be damage saturation. Then again I suppose this is only possible with air dropped torps which likely will cause a smaller area to be damaged as a dd torp would never do this little. 

And yes, the gif is amazing, but mechanics were changed to make that kind of stuff impossible. 

Beta Tester
265 posts
7,967 battles
13 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

I saw that you moved you'r spaceship from tears of the dessert, parked it at home? 

:Smile-_tongue:

WG had it towed, said I wasn't allowed to park there :Smile-angry::Smile_izmena:

• Funny 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
14 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

U dont need damage saturation for that - it could just be balanced otherwise. But eating a torp on that saturated nose will result in like 0 damage (as gif shown by @El2aZeR (couldnt u use an easier name, i always have to check :p)) which imo is wrong.

Torps should do some kinda minimum damage, like AP overpens, but more ofc, or screw the hole damage saturation mechanic for torps.

Imo Damage saturation should only work on Superstructure - as its in general the easiest part to farm damage, because its the softest.

Other mechanic? Hmm, something like simply capped max damage in one hit or in "X" amount of time? Yeah, that would make sense too :cap_yes:

Also yeah, @El2aZeR your name is really difficult to remember :cap_haloween:

Players
2,289 posts
13,440 battles

Detonated a Kurfürst with a single t-hit (101 k dam) this week. Suspect extremely fun and engaging gameplay on the receiving end.

Players
220 posts
6,699 battles
18 hours ago, robihr said:

damn that cliffhanger. i want to know did the enemy dd survived :Smile_teethhappy:

He ded(and wery, wery salty), saw vid when I learnt about damage saturation. Unfortunately can't find it atm.

Beta Tester
4,951 posts
20,636 battles

Video could even be a bit funnier... if the DD in the front would just be a little bit faster, the torpedoes might pass below it, as the stern of some DDs is raised a bit (for IJN DDs Minekaze/Kamikaze I'm sure of that) and torpedoes can go right through between the ship's bottom and the thingy on which's end the ship's propellor is (the skeg?) and the rudder.

From the outside it looks, as if the torps should hit the ship... now imagine all ten torps just optically hitting the target, but no explosion and all just travelling on...

The most torp hits I survived in my Minekaze was three btw. with two doing 0 damage.. long, long ago... normaly it's one and boom!

12 hours ago, JaiFoh said:

image.thumb.png.f55e88daae58670a9a9621694aacc1b4.pngDamage Saturation in Real Life

Is it one of those that managed to get back to harbour on it's own?

Sign in to follow this