You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Why even bother?

88 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
4,216 posts

Seriously, why do I even bother....

I usually do not rant at games, but this is just too much.

Last couple of days I am being constantly either bottom tiered or matched with bots.

I used to not believe that bots existed in WoWs, but this game opened my eyes.

No matter what I wrote in the chat or pinged on the map - my team just went full bot and ignored everything. They sailed some predefined invisible line ignoring ALL game objectives.

Why do I even bother wining? Why do I care about my stats?

Its pointless, because I have no influence on them. It is all in my teams hands. You say carry harder? Sorry, but there is a limit and carrying 10 players is impossible.

In this game I was playing with my buddy and I was denying B to the enemy while he tried C. I got pinned down by Atlanta and Belfast combining radar but I managed to kill the Shiratsuyu.

My team ALL went all A and even if I removed the Shira (their biggest threat) they still refused to help me out on B. All they would need to do is push into B and kill the Atlanta and Belfast.

Instead they went sailing the Caribbean even tho that Morten was spotting the enemy team and fighting them - ALONE !

I died within first couple of minutes of the game and I ended up in top 4 players. That is just sad. And frankly this is happening way more often than I can manage.

I am constantly thrown into 100% "throw away" games where I can have little or no influence at all. And this is supposed to be fun? Arent I playing games in order to have FUN?

To be honest I am close to abandoning the game completely.

Dont get me wrong ... I love the game. Love it. I love watching vids, love hanging in the forums and with my fellow scrubs. It is the only game I play.

But this? I rather go watch Project Runway with my wife.

giphy.gif

• Cool 2
  • Angry 2

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles

Simple solution: did not cap at least one base 75% less exp, did not cap 2 bases 50% less, cap 3 bases or more 20% more exp.

Implement this and look how (insert insult here) will start playing game how they should.

• Cool 1

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,600 posts
13,050 battles

You mean, you *wish* you had bots as teammates?

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,245 posts
9,445 battles

I'd advice taking a break of like a month or so. Even longer if necessary. Doesn't have to be total cold-turkey. I do this once a year at least. I just play maybe 5 games in a month. Just to recharge and get my enthousiasm back.

Cause the playerbase of this game will indeed break you, as a lot of the balancing and some of the game mechanics will as well (for me at least).

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
10,378 posts
9,122 battles
2 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Dont get me wrong ... I love the game. Love it. I love watching vids, love hanging in the forums and with my fellow scrubs. It is the only game I play.

This. Sometimes its enough to play 1 game and u cant do anything but rage. The stupidity is INSANE sometimes. Then u think, well lets go play Scenarios (2-man division) and u realize that players there are even worse than in random... Luckily u can have a larger impact there aswell... but when u see a BB camping all match long in the repair circle from Raptor Rescue, u start to wonder about the intentions to play the game...

2 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

Simple solution: did not cap at least one base 75% less exp, did not cap 2 bases 50% less, cap 3 bases or more 20% more exp.

Implement this and look how (insert insult here) will start playing game how they should.

Not that this would be a good idea, but: Why would they care? They dont even understand that repair costs arent tied to damage received. Also for WG it favourable when u do lots of XP but few credits. I think u can understand why when u think about it (too lazy to write it out again).

[THESO]
Players
4,216 posts
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

does not look like your divisionmate were close to the b cap either

Funny how you managed to extract only that from the entire post and from 9 images combined into gif. Really ...

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,915 posts
3,770 battles
42 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

I'd advice taking a break of like a month or so. Even longer if necessary. Doesn't have to be total cold-turkey. I do this once a year at least. I just play maybe 5 games in a month. Just to recharge and get my enthousiasm back.

Cause the playerbase of this game will indeed break you, as a lot of the balancing and some of the game mechanics will as well (for me at least).

Oh hell yes. 

Plus the school holidays are on us again, so teams are going to be very interesting, especially with all the  players sailing in their new shiney T8 premiums Santa decides to bring them.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles
2 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

So Colorado will never make any XP. I see.

And what about CVs ?

And what about those games where your DDs captures all bases, sink all DDs capping them, and the enemy team is camping ? Those matches are already over in less than 7 minutes, and you want most of the winning team to not even profits in term of XP ?

This is stupid. All ships are not suited to captures objectives. They are suited to help DDs capture them, suited to support players in them, or to defend them from recapture.

If anything, what should be changed is the reward for capping multiple caps. Currently you get most XP with the first cap, and then that decreases. It should be the opposite : the more cap you take, the more XP you receive for each.

Also, bad player will mostly stay bad. Most of them can't even accept they are horrible at this game... 

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,771 battles

Been back in WoW for 2 weeks now, glad *Editedgaming is *Edited the game over so hard.

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

[SHAFT]
Players
10,378 posts
9,122 battles
5 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Also, bad player will mostly stay bad. Most of them can't even accept they are horrible at this game... 

But thats the problem with the game basicly: It doesnt tell u enough that u actually are pretty bad. Its easier to blame the team. Obviously the correlation between damage done and your own ships HP is too much for some/many ppl...

• Cool 1

Players
2,408 posts
15,675 battles
9 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Funny how you managed to extract only that from the entire post and from 9 images combined into gif. Really ...

That's how the Art of Trolling works. :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
6,628 posts
10,873 battles

@nambr9 Ive had the EXACT same thing on the EXACT same map. Im basicly looking in panic, when this map loads, where everyone moves, expecially when you spawn south - somehow, on that side, A seems to attract even more ppl. I pinged, I asked nicely, I said "only id...s go A" , I told them, we will lose cuz enemys gonna have B+C, I straightup insulted them - nothing worked.

3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

This... sadly...

• Cool 1

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
23 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

So Colorado will never make any XP. I see.

And what about CVs ?

And what about those games where your DDs captures all bases, sink all DDs capping them, and the enemy team is camping ? Those matches are already over in less than 7 minutes, and you want most of the winning team to not even profits in term of XP ?

This is stupid. All ships are not suited to captures objectives. They are suited to help DDs capture them, suited to support players in them, or to defend them from recapture.

If anything, what should be changed is the reward for capping multiple caps. Currently you get most XP with the first cap, and then that decreases. It should be the opposite : the more cap you take, the more XP you receive for each.

Exception for CVs.

As for colorado, would be lovely. Like we need more bbabies.

Players
1,910 posts
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

does not look like your divisionmate were close to the b cap either

How about you push into a cap with pretty much their whole team plus Atlanta and Belfast waiting for you? Good luck my friend. Good luck!  I was spotting everyone there. 

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

@nambr9 Ive had the EXACT same thing on the EXACT same map. Im basicly looking in panic, when this map loads, where everyone moves, expecially when you spawn south - somehow, on that side, A seems to attract even more ppl. I pinged, I asked nicely, I said "only id...s go A" , I told them, we will lose cuz enemys gonna have B+C, I straightup insulted them - nothing worked.

This map and North are the worst in this regard. North tends to attracts idiots in D, while Neighbours tends to attracts idiots in A. It's a shame because they are great map overall... 

[S_C]
[S_C]
Players
151 posts
11,705 battles

Unfortunately the Gif looks typical for that map (and a many others).

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,822 posts
18,462 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

Yup, same here, T9 battle in Bismarck, South spawn.

I started moving C, but as whole team went A I had to retreat; they were all camping at A so I got near / into B.

Even with half enemy team shooting me, rest of my team was still camping at A; so I had to retreat even further.

I got into the blob of ships at A; said in chat "follow me", and rushed back (from A to B) in a Bismarck with 15k health ... luckily some of them started following me, and soon all the other did as well.

We re-captured B and started sinking enemy ships, in the end it was a close victory.

Seems like most players have no clue what to do, or the balls to do it. Most players just seem like sheeple whose hand you have to hold; hoping they might be at least a bit useful.

At this moment I have such a low expectation of the average WOWS player, I'm thinking they might not even be able to read...

Beta Tester
2,104 posts
11,183 battles
5 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Seriously, why do I even bother....

I usually do not rant at games, but this is just too much.

Last couple of days I am being constantly either bottom tiered or matched with bots.

I used to not believe that bots existed in WoWs, but this game opened my eyes.

No matter what I wrote in the chat or pinged on the map - my team just went full bot and ignored everything. They sailed some predefined invisible line ignoring ALL game objectives.

Why do I even bother wining? Why do I care about my stats?

Its pointless, because I have no influence on them. It is all in my teams hands. You say carry harder? Sorry, but there is a limit and carrying 10 players is impossible.

In this game I was playing with my buddy and I was denying B to the enemy while he tried C. I got pinned down by Atlanta and Belfast combining radar but I managed to kill the Shiratsuyu.

My team ALL went all A and even if I removed the Shira (their biggest threat) they still refused to help me out on B. All they would need to do is push into B and kill the Atlanta and Belfast.

Instead they went sailing the Caribbean even tho that Morten was spotting the enemy team and fighting them - ALONE !

I died within first couple of minutes of the game and I ended up in top 4 players. That is just sad. And frankly this is happening way more often than I can manage.

I am constantly thrown into 100% "throw away" games where I can have little or no influence at all. And this is supposed to be fun? Arent I playing games in order to have FUN?

But this? I rather go watch Project Runway with my wife.

giphy.gif

Skill based teams is the solution but Wargaming has made it perfectly clear that mixing ultrabad players with good ones are here to stay and that questioning that decision will result in locked threads and warnings/bans. The only way to show dissastisfaction is to stop playing the game IMHO, nothing else will have any kind of effect.

• Cool 2

Banned
130 posts

*Edited Just like wot. I'm waiting account deletion. I am utterly disgusted by the gameplay and by WG greed.

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I don't mind bad players who try and play the game. What I do mind are the low skilled players who camp at the back and blame the DDs at the front who are taking 100% of the risk for the team.

The pluses WoT has over Ships is that games are far shorter and one good tank can hard carry. 

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,245 posts
9,445 battles
16 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

I don't mind bad players who try and play the game. What I do mind are the low skilled players who camp at the back and blame the DDs at the front who are taking 100% of the risk for the team.

The pluses WoT has over Ships is that games are far shorter and one good tank can hard carry. 

This will ultimately be the downfall of this game I feel. The playerbase is generally so bad, I frequently have to just quit or I will do physical harm to myself. The minimap gif nambr9 shows happens so often it is just not funny.

I just had 2 of those games. One at tier 7, one at tier 9. Both instances the whole team went into a single corner of the map in a standard game. It was over within 10 minutes both times.

What am I supposed to do with people that are so resistant to even playing the game at all?

This is why I am in favour of at least a slight bit of skilled matchmaking. I'm just talking about removing the players of this game that just want to go boom boom and nothing else. Give them a different queue where they can just pewpew at eachother at their own leisure.

I'm tired of seeing sub 40% winrate players that barely understand how WASD keys work (let alone left mouse button).

Spoiler

Yes, I'm very very close to that month long break form wows. Too bad its now near christmas, so I will probably feel forced to play anyways because of the DoY and such. I just hope it doesn't make me uninstall the game in januari and leave forever.

Also, Ive seen so many beta players leave this game. Every time it is the same set of things. And the playerbase is always in that list.

• Cool 5

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
2 hours ago, Negativvv said:

In wot i was so insulted for playing arty... no funny game ;(

• Funny 1