Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HaachamaShipping

When Raptor doesn't want to be rescued...

11 comments in this topic

Players
8,350 posts
9,213 battles

shot-17_12.15_19_13.08-0278.thumb.jpg.f04362bb9c0cee02f0ea400845ae7605.jpg

Everything went so well... everyone survived, all the AI ships survived, the enemy got completely wiped out around the 17 minute mark, 3 minutes to get to that exit zone without issues. But then Raptor had other ideas and first went backwards (and not backwards towards the exit zone, but backwards away from the objective) for like a minute and a half, just to then go full retard and ram into Arsenal and limp towards the exit zone, never making it there.

Maybe this is some fringe occurrence, but it should not happen and people should not be robbed of a five star splendid success just because the AI cannot even maneuver its bloody ship. Maybe make it so people auto-succeed if all the secondary tasks are complete and no enemies are on the map that could kill the Raptor? I don't know.

• Funny 4

[SHAFT]
Players
10,238 posts
9,063 battles

Just had to use the Funny reaction :cap_haloween:

Never seen this one before, maybe one of u should have tried to push the arsenal ship away?

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,102 posts
20,018 battles

This is the AI some players accuse of cheating or being too good.

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,731 battles
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

This is the AI some players accuse of cheating or being too good.

Actually, its the player allied AI. Its supposed to be as much pain in the back as possible. If it had the killer instinct of the anti-player-PvE AI, it would be usefull. Just compare the skills of the AI, when it comes to dodging torpedoes, which happens quiet often in this mission. The enemy AI basically turns away the second your torpedoes hit the water. Your mission critical ships just keep on moving, ignoring any opponent or torpedo around. Cannot tell how often i lost this mission today within the last minutes, because the Raptor did stupid things... these szenarios are a nice thing, but they are best without mission critical AI...

Players
8,350 posts
9,213 battles
37 minutes ago, Vaderan said:

Actually, its the player allied AI. Its supposed to be as much pain in the back as possible. If it had the killer instinct of the anti-player-PvE AI, it would be usefull. Just compare the skills of the AI, when it comes to dodging torpedoes, which happens quiet often in this mission. The enemy AI basically turns away the second your torpedoes hit the water. Your mission critical ships just keep on moving, ignoring any opponent or torpedo around. Cannot tell how often i lost this mission today within the last minutes, because the Raptor did stupid things... these szenarios are a nice thing, but they are best without mission critical AI...

Sad thing is, I can take torps for the raptor (and already did so at least once in a different match), but I cannot push that carrier into the exit zone. There ought to be limits about how braindead the AI can act. Or ways to not punish players who did everything right just because the AI failed in something as simple as getting the direction right.

[ASEE2]
Players
45 posts
2,029 battles

You cant really blame the Raptor captain for not wanting to finish the mission, the poor ship is going to be nuked in the T7 mission after that. :)

[PVE-D]
Players
268 posts
9,018 battles

Once in a game the Raptor drove backwards from the last stop point for a good two minutes before it stopped, and accellerated. It wasn't even anywhere near the exit zone when the timer went out. And there was no ship in the Raptor's way either. I raged so hard because it was an obvious win that was technically a fail and I thank WG for such nice AI code.

Players
3,421 posts
16,738 battles
On 15/12/2017 at 6:28 PM, Riselotte said:

shot-17_12.15_19_13.08-0278.thumb.jpg.f04362bb9c0cee02f0ea400845ae7605.jpg

Everything went so well... everyone survived, all the AI ships survived, the enemy got completely wiped out around the 17 minute mark, 3 minutes to get to that exit zone without issues. But then Raptor had other ideas and first went backwards (and not backwards towards the exit zone, but backwards away from the objective) for like a minute and a half, just to then go full retard and ram into Arsenal and limp towards the exit zone, never making it there.

Maybe this is some fringe occurrence, but it should not happen and people should not be robbed of a five star splendid success just because the AI cannot even maneuver its bloody ship. Maybe make it so people auto-succeed if all the secondary tasks are complete and no enemies are on the map that could kill the Raptor? I don't know.

I was in that game (note the chat window on the left) - yes very, very frustrating.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,798 posts
6,659 battles

Had that situation in a game on Friday evening - however, some of the guys were messing around with the 'no team damage'   functionality and torping'/shooting each other in the exit zone, as soon as that ceased, the Raptor continued it's journey to the exit zone.

(Probably just co-incidence though)

Sign in to follow this