You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ryouzanpakku

WG is cannibalizing the game for fast money. Will suffer in long term.

48 comments in this topic

Players
131 posts
1,021 battles

WG is putting into game stronger and stronger camo's. Long time ago perma camo was good buy - same 50% xp bonus  as 1 use camo for hefty doubloon price.

Today not so much. You can buy 100% xp camo and even 200% xp camo... then special camos with additional crapload captain xp or cash made....

Same goes for flags.

Generally it is a form of power creep - stronger and stronger consumables are introduced into game making older versions obsolete. WG is happy now as they farm money for consumable camo even from people with perma camo. I fully expect WG to introduce premium-premium camo with better stats in future to milk whales even more.

What does it mean for the game in long term though? It is easier and easier to sprint through tiers. No skill required (not that it was ever different but now it is even easier).

Person who did so will get to T10 and after fraction of game needed compared to past. And gets farmed. And stops playing.

So WG is increasing milking suction to get faster money - completely ignoring long term future of the game.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles

Why do you want the permanent camo for XP anyways? You buy that camo for ships you really like and keep (most probably after actually unlocked the next ship anyways) and for tier 10 the camo is more about the reduced repair cost than about the XP anyways, so what's the problem?

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
3 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Why do you want the permanent camo for XP anyways? You buy that camo for ships you really like and keep (most probably after actually unlocked the next ship anyways) and for tier 10 the camo is more about the reduced repair cost than about the XP anyways, so what's the problem?

Exactly that. The only perma camo's that I will ever buy are for T10 ships.

I get usable camos from the Signals containers and mission rewards for silver ships I'm grinding.

If they ever made fully researched silver ships a type of ghetto premium where you could put a captain that commanded it previously back on without retraining I might consider getting permanent camo and port slots for some of them, but as it is I won't.

[CATS]
Players
27,241 posts
14,525 battles
41 minutes ago, Ryouzanpakku said:

WG is putting into game stronger and stronger camo's. Long time ago perma camo was good buy - same 50% xp bonus  as 1 use camo for hefty doubloon price.

Today not so much. You can buy 100% xp camo and even 200% xp camo... then special camos with additional crapload captain xp or cash made....

Same goes for flags.

Generally it is a form of power creep - stronger and stronger consumables are introduced into game making older versions obsolete. WG is happy now as they farm money for consumable camo even from people with perma camo. I fully expect WG to introduce premium-premium camo with better stats in future to milk whales even more.

What does it mean for the game in long term though? It is easier and easier to sprint through tiers. No skill required (not that it was ever different but now it is even easier).

Person who did so will get to T10 and after fraction of game needed compared to past. And gets farmed. And stops playing.

So WG is increasing milking suction to get faster money - completely ignoring long term future of the game.

How are they stronger? They just give more Xp or money. That does not win you games.

In case you did not notice. Many people wanted a premium that pays per play and not pays per time.

The new very expensive consumable camos are pay per play, EXACTLY what PLAYERS demanded.

Players
6,602 posts
10,790 battles
4 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Exactly that. The only perma camo's that I will ever buy are for T10 ships.

15 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

and for tier 10 the camo is more about the reduced repair cost than about the XP anyways, so what's the problem?

While this might be true for you guys and a part of the players, it isnt for another part of them. For some/many (hard to really tell, how many), already playing T8 will ruin their credit income. Also, the OP is critizising more the recently introduced one-time-camos, which give even more benefits then the permanent-premium ones. Which is somehow wrong, I agree. Ppl went on to buy the premium-permanent, cuz it was the best at that time. Now, they might even be tempted to use the one-time-camo for dubloos, just to get more out of every round.

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

While this might be true for you guys and a part of the players, it isnt for another part of them. For some/many (hard to really tell, how many), already playing T8 will ruin their credit income. Also, the OP is critizising more the recently introduced one-time-camos, which give even more benefits then the permanent-premium ones. Which is somehow wrong, I agree. Ppl went on to buy the premium-permanent, cuz it was the best at that time. Now, they might even be tempted to use the one-time-camo for dubloos, just to get more out of every round.

Yes, I know he was refering to that but hey, lucky you if your wallet or common sense doesn't cry and you think it's a good idea or your wallet can keep up with the cost of the doubloons of those camos for a single battle each. I know I'll never ever touch them but hey, WG decisions, not mine. People should be buying them though if they keep pushing up more of those so good for WG at least I guess.

[AXIS]
Players
725 posts
14,466 battles
10 minutes ago, Spithas said:

I just came here to say nice Topic Tags!

lol indeed.

expect +500% XP mid 2018

Players
6,602 posts
10,790 battles
2 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Yes, I know he was refering to that but hey, lucky you if your wallet or common sense doesn't cry and you think it's a good idea or your wallet can keep up with the cost of the doubloons of those camos for a single battle each. I know I'll never ever touch them but hey, WG decisions, not mine. People should be buying them though if they keep pushing up more of those so good for WG at least I guess.

You are ofc right about all of that. One little thing that concerns me, is, that more clueless ppl might be getting faster to T10 and/or are able to stay there and perform really really bad. As if we need more of them. Ofc, this is also hard to prove, how big of an impact - if any - those camos have, but it keeps nagging me.

• Bad 1

Players
1,883 posts
13,136 battles

So what if some camos give you +200% XP?

As long as the 3%/4% for dispersion/concealment remains the same, all the rest simply reward a good match. I'm fine with that.

As to the cost reduction thingy, well, you can capture all 3 caps in domination with your Shima, spot the whole enemy team in the process, win the game, and loose a good chunk of credits because you didn't do much damage, which would suggest how XP and credits are distributed post-match isn't that well thought out either.

• Cool 6

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
29,035 battles
1 hour ago, Ryouzanpakku said:

Quite the opposite, A player that you say sprinted through to T10 will not have the skill and efficiency as a player that had to grind for months to get his T10 ship, and I am sure he wouldn't stop playing because of the sprinter players, he would be more eager to farm the lesser skilled Sprinters.  

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
10,238 posts
9,063 battles
3 minutes ago, iJoby said:

Quite the opposite, A player that you say sprinted through to T10 will not have the skill and efficiency as a player that had to grind for months to get his T10 ship, and I am sure he wouldn't stop playing because of the sprinter players, he would be more eager to farm the lesser skilled Sprinters.  

I would disagree to that, since u cant "farm" bad players. Those same players are on your team aswell, so they will screw u over aswell, reducing the fun of the game.

This is a teamgame, if either your team is so bad that the game is lost within the first 5 minutes or the enemy team is so bad that the game is won after 5 mins, then this doesnt equal fun - atleast not for me.

Lately when i dare to play a random match, i feel that after the battle, it is more often not fun to play. Ofc when your team is throwing the game it is more frustrating but still...

• Cool 1

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
10 minutes ago, iJoby said:

And let's not talk about the people that will recognize the camo and focus you because... well, reasons. Using those camos tend to be a "look at me, I was stupid enough to pay for this match" and the enemy team will be like "ok, too bad lol".

I still remember using the +100% XP I got for free from ranked and it was like I had a target painted over my ship or something. Good thing I was grinding the Gnesenau. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Players
401 posts
7,897 battles

I dont see problem in those 200% camos, it just lets me get faster through stock grinds or through god awfull ships.

I have gained ~50x 200% camos through missions / campaings / CW.

Premium is still best bang for buck no doubt about it, since it gives also credit bonus that you need to get new ships.

T6-8 perma camos are somewhat useles but i dont turn down free stuff :cap_tea:

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,656 battles

You know the point of a perm camo is that you can hop on your favorite keeper and not lose money not to just grind ?

They do that job and you never ever need to worry about any camos again if you buy one. 

If you feel like losing out because there is something better that is limited thats your personal perception problem.

200 supercamo cost over 66 euro. a permcamo cost sowere between 5 and 20 euro at most depending how you buy your dublons and on what level of ship.

• Cool 1

Players
27 posts

A game like this has a tremendous cost just for day to day work. If you sum the upgrades the cost getting higher.

WG is a company looking for profit. No player who pays, no game.

I have read statements like "I never pay a pen for the game" or "I 'll never pay a pen for that ...". Keep in mind that who pays give YOU the opportunity to play.

I 'll like some changes, to historical and strategic direction not to arcade, but for now the overall filling is good. So, when they ask me, I declare satisfied.

If the "goods" not affect the gameplay decisively, like premium consumables, I will stay. If I see premium ammo, like WoT, or the like, I 'll stop. Simple.

[SHAFT]
Players
10,238 posts
9,063 battles
5 minutes ago, _Spartiatis_ said:

I have read statements like "I never pay a pen for the game" or "I 'll never pay a pen for that ...". Keep in mind that who pays give YOU the opportunity to play.

U can enjoy empty servers when all f2p users wouldnt be there :cap_like: But usually ppl cant understand that both sides need each other to function...

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

I just love topics like this.....some random whine, about some tertiary problem, that does not have much sense in it......one post from OP than silence from him :)

Players
131 posts
1,021 battles
2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

I just love topics like this.....some random whine, about some tertiary problem, that does not have much sense in it......one post from OP than silence from him :)

Well sorry for having life and not replying to every post in thread I started ... :)

Anyway - it seems people took my words in a bit different way then I have meant them.

Ignore the part when comparing to perma camo - it is not that important.

What I feel as important is - WG is introducing faster and faster ways to bypass low-mid game and allowing terrible players to get easily to T10. This is causing whole game to suffer:

1) it is shortening the game  experience for "speedsters" who even can think they are good players as they got buttload of xp...

2) it is worsening the endgame game experience  when such a player is polluting T10

And to make it clear - I do not care much about this - I am average player who is not willing to pay for xping faster and enjoying T6-T7 mostly - without premium and flags - it just seems to me WG takes this game as flop and is trying to milk it as much as possible instead of investing in games future. And it bothers me (a bit).

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
Just now, Ryouzanpakku said:

Well sorry for having life and not replying to every post in thread I started ... :)

Anyway - it seems people took my words in a bit different way then I have meant them.

What I feel as important is - WG is introducing faster and faster ways to bypass low-mid game and allowing terrible players to get easily to T10. This is causing whole game to suffer:

1) it is shortening the game  experience for "speedsters" who even can think they are good players as they got buttload of xp...

2) it is worsening the endgame game experience  when such a player is polluting T10

And to make it clear - I do not care much about this - I am average player who is not willing to pay for xping faster and enjoying T6-T7 mostly - without premium and flags - it just seems to me WG takes this game as flop and is trying to milk it as much as possible instead of investing in games future. And it bothers me (a bit).

Well MasterCard warriors all ways had oportunity to freeexp whole line with conversion of xp to freexp. 

In defense of flags and camos wg started to release new lines more freeqvant and pool of xp in game per year increased drastically. 

Beta Tester
3,331 posts
14,684 battles
9 minutes ago, Ryouzanpakku said:

I am someone who is disgusted by the grindy nature of F2P, and I much rather spend some money to make fast progress, and actually enjoy my free time spent on this game. 

Sorry that "speedsters" like me "pollute T10" for guys with hidden stats like you, old sport. 

• Cool 1

Players
131 posts
1,021 battles
On 12/15/2017 at 4:26 PM, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

I am someone who is disgusted by the grindy nature of F2P, and I much rather spend some money to make fast progress, and actually enjoy my free time spent on this game. 

Sorry that "speedsters" like me "pollute T10" for guys with hidden stats like you, old sport. 

*Edited

I thought that I have quite clearly stated I do not play T10 as I enjoy the journey much more then the destination.

Sorry will not check your stats, if you truthfully pointed at yourself with the polluter statement, because I simply do not care about your e-peen.

Have a nice day my good man.

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to disrespectful comments.

[CATS]
Players
27,241 posts
14,525 battles
14 minutes ago, Ryouzanpakku said:

1.) No difference to now and WG might get more money, which is good, not bad for the game

2.) No difference to now, these players are already long here