Liquiel

Ranger totally underpowered

33 comments in this topic

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
13,155 battles
Vor 9 Minuten, Zen71_sniper sagte:

My captain skills is as follows: 1 pt ASE, 2pt TA, ERG, 3pt TAE. 4pt AS - 14 skills pts in total but have used only 12 so far. Is this a good skillset - I am planning to keep this captain for the rest of the line?

Yes, ok so far. But you absolutely need Dogfight Expert. It helps extremely against Saipan fighters and gives more ammo as well for only on skill point.

• Cool 1

[DUSD]
Players
369 posts
7,008 battles

I got the Ranger back and run it with 11 point commander at the moment. I really like it. Its new 1-1-2 loadout works fine compared to old stock 1-1-1 I used to use. One extra DB makes a lot of difference with versatility in the battle. You can attack multiple targets at the same attack run, spot more etc. 

[DUSD]
Players
369 posts
7,008 battles

Ok. Dedicated Ranger cap and captain skills. 

12 point atm. ASE, DfE, TA, TaE, AS. Thats 11 points, 1 for spare. What to go next? Full ham on AA (BFT+AFT)? CE? 

And really no need to go any other ship in the line with this. Pure Ranger. 

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
13,155 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, LongJohn_ sagte:

Ok. Dedicated Ranger cap and captain skills. 

12 point atm. ASE, DfE, TA, TaE, AS. Thats 11 points, 1 for spare. What to go next? Full ham on AA (BFT+AFT)? CE? 

And really no need to go any other ship in the line with this. Pure Ranger. 

I'd go for CE+AFT or ERG+CE. With only one fighter squad, ERG helps bombers to survive if you can dodge strafes and force him to clicking. Also nice against catapult fighters.

[DUSD]
Players
369 posts
7,008 battles
On 1.4.2018 at 3:21 PM, Commander_Cornflakes said:

I'd go for CE+AFT or ERG+CE. With only one fighter squad, ERG helps bombers to survive if you can dodge strafes and force him to clicking. Also nice against catapult fighters.

Ok. I was also thinking manual AA but did that only effect on long range AA? And with Ranger that isn't so good.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
12,705 posts
18,219 battles
11 minutes ago, LongJohn_ said:

I was also thinking manual AA but did that only effect on long range AA?

Yes, manual AA only affects guns with a caliber of 85mm and above.

[DUSD]
Players
369 posts
7,008 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Yes, manual AA only affects guns with a caliber of 85mm and above.

Yep and Ranger has only 8 of such so its basically waste of points. 

CE is basically always useful perk. You can position little closer to action etc. But Rangers detection range isnt that bad stock compared to things like Lex. AFT + CE would take the last 8 points and seemed like AFT boosted AA rating about twice as much compared to BFT and with BFT+CE I'd still have one point to spare. 

[DUSD]
Players
369 posts
7,008 battles

CE has been working quite nice for now. Thats full 15 points, I already got 16th point but I think rest 4 total points go to AFT to push those Bofors guns further away. 

+450 games or so with this ship and I still love it. Propably a keeper for me.