You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shaka_D

Where is the holiday excitement?

71 comments in this topic

Ah, poor WoT peeps:Smile_trollface:

"I got the Type 59 so I’m happy..... but yet, I think Wargaming is getting into dark territories implementing lootboxes in this game.... I never thought this day would come and I hope it ends with this event"

Im very excited about Christmas after WG rolled back my games in CW. I was missing 12 wins (i think) in Typhoon but after today i'm missing 22? WTF? So no Stalingrad flag for me i guess..... @MrConway?

Nechrom   

I wouldn't actually mind if WG held off on the paid and grindy stuff until after the holidays.

I know that's probably not going to happen, but I don't feel like spending money on myself just before Christmas or start stressing over completing some timed event when I really should be preparing for the holidays.

3 hours ago, Nechrom said:

I wouldn't actually mind if WG held off on the paid and grindy stuff until after the holidays.

I know that's probably not going to happen, but I don't feel like spending money on myself just before Christmas or start stressing over completing some timed event when I really should be preparing for the holidays.

I am also hoping there is enough time after the 27th December to complete everything.

4 hours ago, Nechrom said:

I wouldn't actually mind if WG held off on the (snip) grindy stuff until after the holidays.

I hope they don't, I have until Friday to get most of the grind done, because come next weekend I'll be ears deep in family events.

And forcing myself to grind between Christmas and New Year's is not something I'm going to do.

• Cool 1

Me wantz moar prem DDs to get BB*Edited rekt for xmas. :Smile_izmena:

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

To add to the seasonal cheer and excitement, WG has removed all ship specials previously in the shop, leaving us with only the new years premium time offer and the overpriced special camo.

Also we have no announcements about the upcoming campaigns, so we don't know when they will start and how much time we will have to finish them.

Out of all the WG titles WoWS has the least amount of Christmas/New years activity. Even WoWP has more offers than we do. Good job at helping people spend money elsewhere.

• Cool 1

This thread shows in the nutshell what is wrong with this world...

Holiday excitement = discount.

Instead of being annoyed by cancer called the Loot Box making its way to WG universe people are whining other games have these earlier then WoWs this year.

What a sad commentary about our times.

Shaka_D   
26 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

To add to the seasonal cheer and excitement, WG has removed all ship specials previously in the shop, leaving us with only the new years premium time offer and the overpriced special camo.

Also we have no announcements about the upcoming campaigns, so we don't know when they will start and how much time we will have to finish them.

Out of all the WG titles WoWS has the least amount of Christmas/New years activity. Even WoWP has more offers than we do. Good job at helping people spend money elsewhere.

Yep, it's really disappointing isn't it. True story and can prove it if asked but I had a bit of extra cash so was looking to spend it on gaming. Looked in the premium shop, hardly impressed by anything and promptly went to the Origin store and purchased Battlefront 2 at a reduced price. Not sure what WG are playing at, but this is poor form from them, poor form indeed. Hey, we can't force them into efficiency, nor can we force them to read the forums, listen to their players, making common sense choices, or even realise their own mistakes. We can only say what we feel. I personally don't get upset by it, I seek fun elsewhere if the usual channels don't live up to my expections. Their loss, not mine.

Despite me not wanting to spend money on WoT xmas boxes i got weak and i bought myself a smaller set.

Got the Type 59 (yay!) and around 20k of gold, ~2 weeks of premium time, which is nice.

I got my moneys worth out of it, yet i do regret a bit that i got weak. However, seeing how many got lucky with the boxes and how many did not, i'd say it's not worth gambling and hoping for a TVIII tank. Unless of course you have paid all your bills, got all your xams gifts and have plenty of coin left and need gold/ prem time. Then it may be a good deal.

For WoWS, well unless they put reward ships (alpha, beta, ranked) or the Kitekami in WoWS boxes - assuming we'll get those - i don't see much point in buying them. 

I have all ships, nearly two years worth of prem time, doubloons en masse and credits to fund a government.

However, i've only ~100 of each Dragon signals left, exceptions being the money booster of which i have 400, so if the boxes drop enough of these signals, i.e. 5-10 per box, i might consider buying a pack.

1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Unless of course you have paid all your bills, got all your xams gifts and have plenty of coin left and need gold/ prem time.

This is me right now, last bills of the year paid, saved a bunch by shopping smart when it came to Christmas gifts. No offers in the shop, money will get spent elsewhere.

tank276   
3 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Got the Type 59 (yay!) and around 20k of gold, ~2 weeks of premium time, which is nice.

Gj man, tried 37 crates so far, no luck.

6 minutes ago, tank276 said:

giphy-downsized_5_.gif?cb=1507220941

Didn't buy the Type in 2012 and won't gamble now...this tank has been power creep'd quite a bit.

3 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

20k of gold

Too bad there still is no shared economy.

• Cool 1

18 minutes ago, tank276 said:

Did you buy small packages? I bought the 25 boxes one and the smaller 5 boxes one.

Seems, the small packages get shafted a bit.

14 minutes ago, aboomination said:

giphy-downsized_5_.gif?cb=1507220941

Didn't buy the Type in 2012 and won't gamble now...this tank has been power creep'd quite a bit.

Too bad there still is no shared economy.

True, but with nearly 60k doubloons in WoWS and additional 20k from WoT, i wouldn't know what to do with that amount of coin. ^^

The new camo system in WoT is a gold sink par excellance however, with up to 700 gold for a tank.

I have no doubt that my gold reserves will getting smaller pretty fast.^^

Type 59 seems like a decent ridge line warrior. Strong turret, flat profile, good gun depression, nice pen too. But I'm still unworthy in Tanks.

Only camo I like in Tanks is the solid white Stormtrooper one...

It's a bit surprising that there is still nothing in WOWS; I had a rather weak weekend and bought a bunch of the WOT crates - I now have a fair amount of gold (mostly spent on exciting premiums on the NA server), and a Lorry, but no Type 59, alas.

I don't supposed WG mind too much, as I still spent with them, but it does rather reduce the budget available to spend on boats...

tank276   
2 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Did you buy small packages? I bought the 25 boxes one and the smaller 5 boxes one.

Seems, the small packages get shafted a bit.

First day I bought x3 boxes for each of the 4 "nations/christmas types", so 12 boxes overall.

Today I bought the soviet christmas x25 boxes bundle.

But I think @aboomination made me wiser and will probably stop for this year.

Would be nice -collection wise -to have the type 59 as a legendary tank but can live without it easily.

Shaka_D   

19th Dec and counting, and still not a word from WG.  It all feels so meh here. Looked at WoT yesterday and was shocked at the level of love given to their festive season. The enthusiasm and attention paid to the Wot player base is astounding, whereas here it's as if we have no-one looking after us. Makes you wonder doesn't it. Not a word.....not a single little word from anyone in the WoWs team. Don't think I've felt this disappointed in them in a long while. Bordering on truly pathetic to be honest.

42 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

19th Dec and counting, and still not a word from WG.  It all feels so meh here. Looked at WoT yesterday and was shocked at the level of love given to their festive season. The enthusiasm and attention paid to the Wot player base is astounding, whereas here it's as if we have no-one looking after us. Makes you wonder doesn't it. Not a word.....not a single little word from anyone in the WoWs team. Don't think I've felt this disappointed in them in a long while. Bordering on truly pathetic to be honest.

There's the announcement for the 2 campaigns. You can buy some containers with content that is not worth mentioning and certainly not worth paying for. You can unlock a free ship that has been rated "Garbage" by @LittleWhiteMouse. And if you don't buy the Dump of York, you'll have 9 days to get the TVI ships and camos as the second campaign unlocks after playing 1 battle with that trash heap. So get ready for potatoes as everyone will be trying to get the collection in those nine days.

WG has built 0 hype about the Xmas/New Years offers. We don't know anything about possible premium releases, save for the high probability of getting the T-61. The current offers are meh on toast.

• Cool 1