You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shaka_D

Where is the holiday excitement?

71 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
3,022 posts
11,809 battles

I check the premium shop daily and it's more of the same stuff, rehashes of existing ships, no special packages, and no interesting or exciting stuff on the news page either.. just a lot of bloatware. There is also almost no indication whatsoever we're headed into a festive season of any sorts. I'm not sure why I check the portal every day, hoping to see something 'new', maybe I'm just bored and needing something different.

Expecting too much maybe? I had thought the run up to the season would be longer than this, nurturing a little more excitement and not thrust upon us at the last second. I suppose the Vampire mission is nice, but I very seldom ever play low tier battles - who does? It'll sit there in port and rust no doubt.

Under two weeks to Christmas, but not even a Christmas tree. Why does it all feel so dull? What's wrong with me? Bah Humbug!!!!!

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,022 posts
11,809 battles

Not sure, it all feels so long ago. But I'd have thought we'd have a series of stuff in the run up to it all. Be nice to see some news on the portal of what we can expect. We're on the 14th already. Patience is a virtue I suppose.

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,660 posts
10,193 battles

A little christmas calendar ingame (or even in portal) would be nice idea for upcoming years. Like give one random container for free for each day you open the hatch on calendar. Wouldn't be much to give away, but it would be still positive PR for WG.

But I guess we know the power of WG's PR department ^^

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,090 posts
20,298 battles

We have had the HMAS Vampire

We know in December we get the Tier 6 Prem German DD the T61 and a Mission marathon for the Duke of York. its only the 14 Xmas is not here yet.

[-TFD2]
Players
1,474 posts
3,380 battles

Last time we got "Holiday Excitement" it turned into one of the biggest shitstorms of the year.

Or do you not remember the Christmas Convoys?

Understandable why WG does not try to get our hopes up anymore. Lest we get some expectations that will inevitably be crushed down.

• Cool 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,100 posts
11,146 battles
17 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

We have had the HMAS Vampire

Ah yes, the well known tradition of handing out WWI vintage Australian DDs.
Equally as popular as putting Christmas decorations and offering seasonal deals for presents in mid December.

:Smile_hiding:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,090 posts
20,298 battles
9 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Ah yes, the well known tradition of handing out WWI vintage Australian DDs.
Equally as popular as putting Christmas decorations and offering seasonal deals for presents in mid December.

:Smile_hiding:

Ok i know im regarded as a Fan boy..

But Vampire is a fun little DD and we also get a tier 7 BB. Remember They don't have to give us anything. As for seasonal deals.. Most shops don't reduce prices before Xmas.

If we look at December Calendar  it stops at the 18th.. I guess its because they have some cool surprises  for after that date that they don't want to tell us yet. How Cool they are.. Well that remains to be seen

Its also worth noting All Regions have exactly the same in game missions and promotions.. Much Much better than last years Fiasco....

Lets give them a chance shall we..

Players
29 posts
619 battles

I entered game just after black friday discounts on premium ships. So I also wonder if they will do similar thing during christmas holidays...looking at past christmas - they wont. Pitty. On the weird part in WOT is completely different. Near Christmas great sales are in store.

[SHEN]
Players
125 posts
14,017 battles

As covered in the December event calendar, "christmas" stuff will happen second half of december , I guess starting from either the 18th or 21st. Just wait..

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,100 posts
11,146 battles
11 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Ok i know im regarded as a Fan boy..

But Vampire is a fun little DD and we also get a tier 7 BB. Remember They don't have to give us anything. As for seasonal deals.. Most shops don't reduce prices before Xmas.

If we look at December Calendar  it stops at the 18th.. I guess its because they have some cool surprises  for after that date that they don't want to tell us yet. How Cool they are.. Well that remains to be seen

Its also worth noting All Regions have exactly the same in game missions and promotions.. Much Much better than last years Fiasco....

Lets give them a chance shall we..

I don't know where you live, but as someone who actually owns a shop, two online stores, and has to deal with ludicrous competition from major internationally known brands, I can confirm damn well that price reductions happen as early as the 1st of December, with some retailers hopping on the Cyber Monday and Cyber Week November phenomenom as well.

Hell, the famous advent calendars start on the 1st.
I'm don't think anyone is asking for huge discounts and an entire show from the very start, but it's still odd that 10 days before Christmas, there still hasn't been mention of it at all, despite their other titles doing things.
Hell, the NA server is having a lowkey out-of-game contest for decorations, and world of warplanes NA started Christmas missions today.
But hey, I guess Christmas isn't really that big of a deal in Europe.

#neverforgetti #mardigras #totallynotaeuropeantradition #onlyonNA

:Smile_trollface:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,090 posts
20,298 battles
21 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

I don't know where you live, but as someone who actually owns a shop, two online stores, and has to deal with ludicrous competition from major internationally known brands, I can confirm damn well that price reductions happen as early as the 1st of December, with some retailers hopping on the Cyber Monday and Cyber Week November phenomenom as well.

Hell, the famous advent calendars start on the 1st.
I'm don't think anyone is asking for huge discounts and an entire show from the very start, but it's still odd that 10 days before Christmas, there still hasn't been mention of it at all, despite their other titles doing things.
Hell, the NA server is having a lowkey out-of-game contest for decorations, and world of warplanes NA started Christmas missions today.
But hey, I guess Christmas isn't really that big of a deal in Europe.

#neverforgetti #mardigras #totallynotaeuropeantradition #onlyonNA

:Smile_trollface:

we have 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/pc-gone-mad/ for a PC

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/the-ugliest-jumper/ Ugly Xmas Sweater event with Prizes

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/bob-rossin-it/ Camo for Normadie 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/the-grand-naval-tour/ competition for Naval tour

And we had Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales in game unless i am mistaken (I bought the YO LANG) Or was that for Something Else i cant remember how long ago i got her but it defiantly was not that long ago

Tanks has an Advent Calendar as there thing for Xmas. Warships give us a mission for high tier ships for free...  Last year Graf Spee (eventually) and this year Duke of York.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,834 posts
14,076 battles

I think I read somewhere that Christmas in Russia (WG is essentially Russian, after all) happens later than in the west?

Tanks' Christmas thing only starts tomorrow (on the NA server, anyway, haven't looked at EU), so perhaps a little patience is the order of the day.

[BANCV]
Beta Tester
75 posts
16,617 battles

You guys are all expecting too much. Can't you see that WG is giving us time to spend with our friends and families?

They're being thoughtful, don't berate them too much over this.

• Funny 1

Players
38 posts
478 battles

I think next week we will get the t61 with some mission and the week after the Duke of York in the 0.6.15 patch. The reason I don't belive the patch will come next week is because the Duke of York just got changed and they need more than 4 or 5 days of testing.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,733 battles

Its there, in a few days we will have the presents in ironforge and xmas event runs from saturday 16th.

Ah you meant here? *Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,090 posts
20,298 battles
Just now, Kirmin said:

I think next week we will get the t61 with some mission and the week after the Duke of York in the 0.6.15 patch. The reason I don't belive the patch will come next week is because the Duke of York just got changed and they need more than 4 or 5 days of testing.

The week after is Xmas Week, they wont do a patch then..(IF they do they need there Head testing) The changes to the DoY is making her more inline with the normal BBs. Also DoY is supposed to be a Campaign Reward.  So no real issue changing her after Launch. T61 next Week.... Im hoping Tomorrow.. Friday is normal Launch day for a Prem shop only Ship.

Players
38 posts
478 battles
3 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

The week after is Xmas Week, they wont do a patch then..(IF they do they need there Head testing) The changes to the DoY is making her more inline with the normal BBs. Also DoY is supposed to be a Campaign Reward.  So no real issue changing her after Launch. T61 next Week.... Im hoping Tomorrow.. Friday is normal Launch day for a Prem shop only Ship.

I hope you are right. I have ben witing so long for t61, checking the web each day. The reason I belive it will come next week is because there is a mission with the ship and this week we already got the Graf Spee.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,090 posts
20,298 battles
14 minutes ago, Kirmin said:

I hope you are right. I have ben witing so long for t61, checking the web each day. The reason I belive it will come next week is because there is a mission with the ship and this week we already got the Graf Spee.

Only reason for Graf Spee/RN Cruiser Missions was The battle of the River plate was 13 Dec. Its just a normal Weekly mission. also Overlaps is not an issue After all the Vampire mission ended today but the Graff  Spee mission has been active since Monday... 

My Logic is all based on common sense..... not at all influenced by the fact i want the T61 NOW,  HONEST  :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Players
38 posts
478 battles
10 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Only reason for Graf Spee/RN Cruiser Missions was The battle of the River plate was 13 Dec. Its just a normal Weekly mission. also Overlaps is not an issue After all the Vampire mission ended today but the Graff  Spee mission has been active since Monday... 

My Logic is all based on common sense..... not at all influenced by the fact i want the T61 NOW,  HONEST  :Smile_hiding:

You want seal clubbing, admit it! :cap_rambo: