Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
JanuszGROZA

To WG - Why camo for new French BB must be so ugly?

18 comments in this topic

Dear WG,

I play this game since 2 years - and I have to say I really like it. I am also waiting for French BBs - in fact that is what for I started this adventure :)

And now I see in devs blog this white-blue broken camo for Richelieu. It looks like LSD side effect…

Do French BBs really need the ugliest camo in the game (ok, second ugliest after Myoko perm camo)?

Personal preference not a game issue. Anyway, run other camos on it or even go with the bad decision and have no camo at all. Noone forces you to use the one that you don't like

1 hour ago, JanuszGROZA said:

Dear WG,

I play this game since 2 years - and I have to say I really like it. I am also waiting for French BBs - in fact that is what for I started this adventure :)

And now I see in devs blog this white-blue broken camo for Richelieu. It looks like LSD side effect…

Do French BBs really need the ugliest camo in the game (ok, second ugliest after Myoko perm camo)?

Still better than those green camos for IJN ships in general if you ask me.

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, JanuszGROZA said:

Dear WG,

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I find the angular blue and white pattern camo gorgeous.

6 hours ago, JanuszGROZA said:

Dear WG,

A lot of camouflages are ugly imo. as some already said, personal preferences etc. i find most camouflages that are not the 'standard' ones, just hideous. for me some of those are just extra credits. won't play with some of those on my ships, no matter the perks that come with those. that's when i start using mods. only for those camouflages to be gone ;)

9 hours ago, JanuszGROZA said:

Dear WG,

best looking camos we've got in the entire game so far

10 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

best looking camos we've got in the entire game so far

[sound of stormwind camo crying in the distance]

Yeah, ugly is it? Well, can't be really surprised there. I usually take the permanent camo for any ship, if I plan to keep it. But in case of Algerie i had to make an exception, have you seen that rubbish Blue perma-"camo" the saddled her with?:cap_wander:

I have no idea what the other French Cruiser camos look like tho, but this would seem to uphold the trend.:etc_swear:

To say it (the Algerie camo) is atrocious is an understatement and a gross insult to atrocious things everywhere. One would think they just ran out of effort and ideas, letting a 2 year old with no talent and only blue brush watercolor it or something... Luckily they now have a Camo-competition which perhaps can offer a remedy. :Smile_smile:

12 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

I actually think the camo looks quite good, call me weird but I do have a thing for angles.

YEAH, YOU ARE WEIRD... :Smile-_tongue: But of course, I mean that in the best and most respectful way... :Smile_teethhappy:

9 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Myoko's camo isn't bad. Not the best looking camo, but a lot better than some.

Yeah, it is OK for me too. At the least it resembles a camo. I mean.

:Smile_smile:

On 13/12/2017 at 9:50 AM, RAHJAILARI said:

Yeah, it is OK for me too. At the least it resembles a camo. I mean.

:Smile_smile:

Image result for IJN Myoko camouflage

It does help that it is based on/is a historical pattern anyway. Unlike basically all the other IJN camos.

• Cool 3

Tuccy   

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - the French camouflages are based on historical dazzle patters and disruptive camouflage schemes which, in a way, were supposed to be ugly (deform the ship, break the silhouette, make it hard to judge distance / course / speed).

Re. Japanese camos, they are based generally on late war camo when greens prevailed due to most ships spending time in ports / tropical anchorages. Check Takao, 1945. Overall the greens probably did not hurt too much, as USN trials showed that the shade is more important than color (leading to the switch from shades of blue to cheaper shades of grey).

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Tuccy said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - the French camouflages are based on historical dazzle patters and disruptive camouflage schemes which, in a way, were supposed to be ugly (deform the ship, break the silhouette, make it hard to judge distance / course / speed).

Re. Japanese camos, they are based generally on late war camo when greens prevailed due to most ships spending time in ports / tropical anchorages. Check Takao, 1945. Overall the greens probably did not hurt too much, as USN trials showed that the shade is more important than color (leading to the switch from shades of blue to cheaper shades of grey).

yes, a huge plus for this one from me.

but why the premium camo for LaGal and others are plain blue?

Do some colourful camos please, some ships have beautiful  premium camos

3 hours ago, Tuccy said:

Problem being that it gets boring when applied to every IJN premium over and over. And not all ships received it, like Haruna, or Aoba. Some variation from the greens would be nice, like more grey variations, arctic camouflage like seen on Kiso, or the stripes as on Haruna. Takao's exact colours are debated anyway, I have seen greys and teals alongside the greens.

Sign in to follow this