Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nooberg

Glitch in the MM Matrix

11 comments in this topic

[GW_KR]
Players
215 posts
20,388 battles

Really surprising to see this.

vsadUqo.jpg?1

The game was actually fun.

Playing the BB in this environment must feel like being a Carry in them MOBA games. 

• Cool 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

I don't think playing a BB in this MM setup is that much fun, especially the König and especially if you want to contribute something by pushing etc. I'd imagine you just get spamed to death with perma fire and everything... Every CA probably is focusing you whenever possible.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,837 posts
11,209 battles

Only three battleships in a match in total?

Then only one in another match??

This :etc_swear:ing cruiser-overpopulation.

Nerf them already and pump out some premium battleships ASAP!

And quit developing Shima's DW torps, they clearly make people stop playing battleships, even just the leak of them!

Spoiler

Getting serious again, please don't, WG.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
27,475 posts
14,582 battles
15 hours ago, Tungstonid said:

I don't think playing a BB in this MM setup is that much fun, especially the König and especially if you want to contribute something by pushing etc. I'd imagine you just get spamed to death with perma fire and everything... Every CA probably is focusing you whenever possible.

If you know how to play BB, this setup is perfect.

You are the scissors and only paper around you. No rock as far as you can see.

@nooberg

Great match-up for Graf Spee.

I hope you could enjoy it.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Even with perfect DCP discipline and the maximum amount of repair parties you can only do so much. I can tank four or five BBs shooting AP and HE all day (or at least for quite some time) but three, four or even more CAs spamming HE permanently? I'd imagine this is much harder to do. As I said, if you actually want to go in closer than max range that is.

Why do you even mention rock-paper-scissor? I thought it is clear by now that this is not how WoWS works...

[CATS]
Players
27,475 posts
14,582 battles
32 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

Even with perfect DCP discipline and the maximum amount of repair parties you can only do so much. I can tank four or five BBs shooting AP and HE all day (or at least for quite some time) but three, four or even more CAs spamming HE permanently? I'd imagine this is much harder to do. As I said, if you actually want to go in closer than max range that is.

Why do you even mention rock-paper-scissor? I thought it is clear by now that this is not how WoWS works...

You are not supposed to be the focus target for the whole match.

When I play BB, cruisers are the paper to my scissors. Too bad if it is different for you.

[GW_KR]
Players
215 posts
20,388 battles
5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

@nooberg

Great match-up for Graf Spee.

I hope you could enjoy it.

You are right ColonelPete, the Spee felt very strong in this game, as I said - it was fun...but hard.

It came down to 2 vs 2 in the end.

The enemy Nagato got 4 kills and survived near full health until the very end. I had to ambush him in our base behind an island. Took 5 torps to bring him down - thanks to the awesome torpedo angles of Graf Spee. Got High Caliber probably just from him :)

Our BBs on the other end, sunk down without a fight. So, as always, it all depends on the skill of the individual player.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

You are not supposed to be the focus target for the whole match.

When I play BB, cruisers are the paper to my scissors. Too bad if it is different for you.

:Smile_facepalm:

There is a difference between taking on one or two CAs and a whole bunch of them. My concern would be that the enemy CAs will try to focus on the one or two BBs first whenever possible, be it because they are the biggest threat or just for "revenge". This has nothing to do with my personal skill but I guess read what you want to read it is...

And again, rock-paper-scissor hardly works in this game (anymore). From what you read on the forum it rather is limestone-chainsaw-tissue paper, be it true or not.

[CATS]
Players
27,475 posts
14,582 battles

If you see that they focus you, kite them. If they follow you, you pull them into your allies. If they do not follow, you are fine.

Sign in to follow this